IH 674 No fuel filter assembly

GBOFarms

Hello, I got a IH 674 from an auction and it doesn’t have a fuel filter assembly. I’m assuming the reason why is that they replaced the regular CAV filters with the spin on filters seen here 

… and since this housing is expensive when they put it up for auction they took it back off and straight piped the fuel lines directly from the tank to the injector pump. 

I was wondering if this is a likely scenario  and that the housing that is shown would work on a 674. The commenter in this thread had a 684 which also had a D239 I believe. 

Also I’m a total newbie to tractors so if you could explain this to me like you would a child lol.

Thanks

The spin on filter head is around $300. I just converted my 544 from glass bowl type to spin on. I can get you a list of parts if you need. PM me with your email address.

• Thanks 1

The guy in that other thread mentions “ Ford 5000 “ sized, I was going to say they look exactly like, exactly like the ones on my 5000’s, so if you were had a used tractor yard close by, And wanted to save a few dollars, you could go get the (non spin on  type) off of a Ford, other than Ford does not use a glass bowl, they use an aluminum cup, and it should go right onto your tractor. 
5123F8A1-B98A-4422-B2F5-C9197597BB8E.thumb.jpeg.1e1f6799bf75fcb48d36a28b14db5a27.jpeg

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, stronger800 said:

The guy in that other thread mentions “ Ford 5000 “ sized, I was going to say they look exactly like, exactly like the ones on my 5000’s, so if you were had a used tractor yard close by, And wanted to save a few dollars, you could go get the (non spin on  type) off of a Ford, other than Ford does not use a glass bowl, they use an aluminum cup, and it should go right onto your tractor. 
5123F8A1-B98A-4422-B2F5-C9197597BB8E.thumb.jpeg.1e1f6799bf75fcb48d36a28b14db5a27.jpeg

Thank you! 

9 minutes ago, stronger800 said:

The whole glass bowl stuff had me confused, this one says it will fit my tractor, so I’m wondering what you think? https://www.steinertractor.com/ABC4646-Dual-Stage-Fuel-Filter-Assembly MIT seems you never know about fitment, but it says International 674. It would be nice to throw a cheap one on it just to get the tractor mechanically sound then do a spin on filter conversion after that. 

I would say that looks like it would fit perfectly.  You can use automotive brake/fuel line fittings, steel/rubber/copper, anything from the auto parts store to make your connections if you need to. $38 seems ridiculously reasonable.  Note the CaseIH filters  on my fords.  Same as you would use