A few projects

Finney

1 is a line to put distillery syrup in mixer wagon for dairy cows.

2 is billet carts for CNC lathes.

3 is starting a jib crane.

IMG_3777.JPG

IMG_3779.JPG

QOGB6264.JPG

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for posting.  Is the syrup corrosive and that’s why it’s a stainless pipe?   Would like to see a picture of the crane when done.  At work   I just start led using a new truck that has a 7500 pound crane.  I’m not sure how I got by without it.  

37 minutes ago, Paystar5000 said:

Thanks for posting.  Is the syrup corrosive and that’s why it’s a stainless pipe?   Would like to see a picture of the crane when done.  At work   I just start led using a new truck that has a 7500 pound crane.  I’m not sure how I got by without it.  

I don't think it is corrosive, he has 100's of ft of SS dairy tubing and wanted to us it.

The crane is going to be rated for 1,000lbs at 18ft.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Finney said:

IMG_3779.JPG

My first thought on the billet cart is that it looks like someone finally designed a round bale feeder that our cows wont have wrecked in a week. 

Nice work. I wish I had your talent for fabricating. 

14 hours ago, nomorejohndeere said:

What's the side boom machine? 

Its a 310 Deere backhoe chassis with a Midwestern side boom on it.

• Like 2

That billet cart looks pretty slick, do they load it or unload it with a forklift?

On 7/22/2022 at 8:13 PM, Paystar5000 said:

its not corrosive, its a by product from bourbon, its really gotten big around here the past few years from all the new places popping up, everybody and their granny haul it around here from water tanks that look like they're from WW2 to old milk trucks to those square plastic tanks with the metal cage around them, one thing it is when they get it from the distillery is really hot either they cut it with water or they let it set for a day or so before turning cows on it 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Finney said:

Its a 310 Deere backhoe chassis with a Midwestern side boom on it.

Slick rigs for smaller pipeline work......at least until the bigger sized mini-ex machines hit the job sites.

15 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

That billet cart looks pretty slick, do they load it or unload it with a forklift?

Yes, most of the time around 2500lbs.