who else is dry

central Mi is dry. The sub moister is starting to dwindle. 1/2 a tenth doesn't do much. Storms  to nite but the atmosphere is too dry.

We got .75 inch rain over two storms this week and have been getting barely enough to keep things green. This is a 20 acre pasture about 8 miles away, only the thistles are left, quite the crop of them too. 20220723_160511.thumb.jpg.00b37bbdd4befa59497dab523815f3ee.jpg

4 minutes ago, JaredT said:

We got .75 inch rain over two storms this week and have been getting barely enough to keep things green. This is a 20 acre pasture about 8 miles away, only the thistles are left, quite the crop of them too. 20220723_160511.thumb.jpg.00b37bbdd4befa59497dab523815f3ee.jpg

You need Eeyore 

11 hours ago, Rusty_Farmer said:

central Mi is dry. The sub moister is starting to dwindle. 1/2 a tenth doesn't do much. Storms  to nite but the atmosphere is too dry.

Get any rain last night? Got 7/10s of a inch last night. With more forecasted.

We weren't dry before before where we're at. Had 3.8 inches last weekend and another 2 inches July 4th and 5th.

UP date......1.25 at the house and lots of lightning, 1.75 at the main farm,about 4 or so this afternoon a hour of drizzle rain . Next chance is wed . The cracks in the ground are still there.  Praise the Lord.

Been very dry here, have to alternate water usage or the well goes dry. Glad i am not looking down the barrel of critters to water or crops to get grown. God be with you all. 

We had some heavy rain today, about 7/10ths, can’t complain.

we have chances for most of the week. Almost always rains on the county fair.

15 hours ago, Alan Dinan said:

We had some heavy rain today, about 7/10ths, can’t complain.

we have chances for most of the week. Almost always rains on the county fair.

Funny how it gets close to Saint Louis and falls apart and then kind of redevelops on the east side,i guess even rain don't like the city. Out of all the rain and storms that moved through Missouri last night and this morning,we got a tenth.

Got a whopping 2/10 today. That's about all we have been getting we are lucky and at 100+ dont go too far. The crops are about done. Beans have aborted pods. Oaks aborted acorns. Corn looks terrible. Milo looks like stems. Praying for more rain tomorrow. I need inches. We are feeding hay. never in my life have I fed hay in june. 2012 was the worst and this one may top it. 

I brought a load of wheat midds down to Lubbock Texas today. From about Hutchinson Kansas on, I wouldn’t want to live this year. 

14 hours ago, Missouri Mule said:

Got a whopping 2/10 today. That's about all we have been getting we are lucky and at 100+ dont go too far. The crops are about done. Beans have aborted pods. Oaks aborted acorns. Corn looks terrible. Milo looks like stems. Praying for more rain tomorrow. I need inches. We are feeding hay. never in my life have I fed hay in june. 2012 was the worst and this one may top it. 

Did you get any of the 11 inches that St. Louis got last night?

19 minutes ago, Alan Dinan said:

Did you get any of the 11 inches that St. Louis got last night?

Huh.....🤬Not a single drop. Walked outside to dew on my car.  While I feel for the folks with flooded basements etc I'm a little envious 

We were blessed with 8 tenths this morning, i couldn't sleep at all last night,i got up half a dozen times to check the radar and the rain was coming down hard about 10 miles north of us, all night long. This will definitely help, i feel for those that got none and those that got way too much.

Just saw this from the Texas A & M extension service here in Abilene, Texas.

This is the driest 365 days ever recorded in Abilene Texas. From July 25, 2021 to July 24, 2022 only 9.63 inches of rain has been recorded. And no rain in the 5 day forecast.

• Sad 1

my nephew is a foreman for a large contractor in St.Louis he sent me some pictures of one of their job sites over 3 million dollars worth of equipment under water,skid steers with nothing but the roof sticking out,track hoes ,cranes and high lifts with water in the cabs. I'll bet insurance won't pay a dime since it was a flash flood.

I don't worry about summer rain much, as we don't get very much. I worry about winter snow. Hang in there fellers. We get some spring and fall moisture.

3.72 inches since  first of April, could be some 4 bushel Durham again this year.

Got a half inch last night. There was nothing in the forecast so I was a little surprised. It was getting pretty dry, not as bad as some of you guys have it but I was getting concerned.

Western ny here we are used to regular rainfall but week or two ago it was getting pretty dry by our standards. I lost track of time but about week and a half ago maybe two by now we got 1&1/2” 4 or 5 days ago got 1/2” and another 1/2” last night. We’re sitting pretty good now but cows got ahead of the pasture and might need to feed a couple bales of hay to let the grass catch up.