New opportunities ahead

bitty

9 minutes ago, bitty said:

IMG_20221025_134937826_HDR.jpg

IMG_20221025_134955712_HDR.jpg

IMG_20221025_134951954_HDR.jpg

IMG_20221024_131834877_HDR.jpg

IMG_20221024_074454303.jpg

Been busy. Finished beans last week, loaded up the last yesterday. Been chopping snaplege for the beefers . Had a flat tire on the front of the one wagon tonight and the other wagon started loosing the lug nuts on one wheel...... I know I should have re tightened the wheels after starting to use the wagons we removed the tires to fit under bridges ☹️

IMG_20221016_185927615.jpg

IMG_20221017_153043786_HDR.jpg

IMG_20221012_122823536.jpg

IMG_20221011_161032055.jpg

IMG_20221011_221205748.jpg

IMG_20221014_153605119.jpg

IMG_20220919_154033064.jpg

IMG_20220920_182025156.jpg

IMG_20220920_182054556_HDR.jpg

• Like 5

Dash showed instant fuel economy climbing up steam valley hill .... probably averaging 2 mpg up that hill. 

Also chopped 125 acres of corn silage for beef, seeded rye we combined in those fields , planted wheat in bean ground 

4 minutes ago, jeeper61 said:

Those 8.1s can chug it 

Yes they can have a drinking problem. I average 8+ with a trailer, 11.2 without. 

• Like 1

How does that mx magnum work as a loader tractor? I'm on the lookout for another loader and I sure have alot more uses for a 200hp tractor than 130 horse tractor.

50 minutes ago, ZG6E said:

How does that mx magnum work as a loader tractor? I'm on the lookout for another loader and I sure have alot more uses for a 200hp tractor than 130 horse tractor.

They are okay, kinda big but they fit more uses than the maxxum sized tractors. After having a 5140 and loving the forward reverser especially for loader work it was the next best thing..... This solves the weak PTO design the maxxum had 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MinnesotaFarmall said:

Why isn't there any snapplage on top of your box roofs? I think you're doing something wrong lol. 

I need to get a custom spout double tip that's boxed and then I can change direction to get the back full even with the high arch spout. Someone is making them in Lancaster but I have not got through on  the phone yet 

23 minutes ago, bitty said:

I need to get a custom spout double tip that's boxed and then I can change direction to get the back full even with the high arch spout. Someone is making them in Lancaster but I have not got through on  the phone yet 

We finally just pulled all the roofs off our boxes. Makes filling them nicer and can drive along side saving time hooking and unhooking. 

KIMG0589.JPG

1 hour ago, MinnesotaFarmall said:

We finally just pulled all the roofs off our boxes. Makes filling them nicer and can drive along side saving time hooking and unhooking. 

KIMG0589.JPG

We have the roofs off the side dump carts we have but I was thinking with snaplege I'd want a roof to loose slightly less material. Other reason I want is to chop with the row it's going to be less convenient to follow alongside and the other advantage is to chop under power lines it's nice to be low

• Like 1

On 10/26/2022 at 1:48 AM, bitty said:

We have the roofs off the side dump carts we have but I was thinking with snaplege I'd want a roof to loose slightly less material. Other reason I want is to chop with the row it's going to be less convenient to follow alongside and the other advantage is to chop under power lines it's nice to be low

We removed the front 1/3 of the roof and got it full that way. Done with snaplege, on to starting high moisture corn for a dairy nearby. They are ready Monday to haul away from our combine...... really wish we had a second one here for corn.

Already started using one of the auxiliary grain tank my boys been teasing me about .... He said if I'd have turned the unloading auger on momentarily I wouldn't have gotten any on the roof. Think I'll slide down the sensor some more 

IMG_20221028_155151046_HDR.jpg

IMG_20221028_161738481_HDR.jpg

IMG_20221028_161745398.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Started to combine for dry corn today. We have purchased a second combine, a 2388 to run along with the 2366 , both have around 2800 separator hours. This was from our servicing dealer and it was just up-timed. We have been getting poor weather lately including as we wrapped up filling both carts and the combines are full also. Parked in the shed now @GeorgeB230's is the 2366 😁 

We also got two of the Magnums back and sent another two out for work to get them ready for the partial equipment sale next spring. We have a more nimble line of tractors for doing more things like hay in the works for the future needs . One in the middle of the bottom picture was professionally painted , I did the steiger and the euro on the right 

IMG_20221118_164334692.jpg

IMG_20221118_151737543.jpg

IMG_20221109_112746293_HDR.jpg

IMG_20221118_083954207.jpg

IMG_20221109_112723069_HDR.jpg

IMG_20221118_075716870.jpg

IMG_20221118_085239711.jpg

Oops I added a few more pictures and they are a different order now 

IMG_20221118_084006238.jpg

Screenshot_20221118-174630.png

Screenshot_20221118-174600.png

Screenshot_20221118-175526.png

• Like 15

This morning we started all full. I really don't like to ever leave the combine out but we were 4 miles away and full bins and hills between here and there. First truck broke down so then three arrived within 45 minutes 

I have a tracking arm to swap out on the 2366 in the morning and then get to the field to get cart tractors running to warm up for the first trailer to load at 6 am . 

IMG_20221122_084558875.jpg

IMG_20221122_091825916_HDR.jpg

• Like 9

I'm jealous! Not of the very nice looking equipment. Of you being able to get out of the house and do something! Still not looking for sympathy but this radiation followed by chemo is kicking my a$$. The shop heater I was going to order is on hold for at least another couple of months until we know what's going on. Still got the Ford 860 to finish. Then a good start on the 340T would be good and I'd like to get the D4 done. But I do thank you for the pictures, they gave me bright spot in my day.

Rick

• Like 7

9 hours ago, oldtanker said:

I'm jealous! Not of the very nice looking equipment. Of you being able to get out of the house and do something! Still not looking for sympathy but this radiation followed by chemo is kicking my a$$. The shop heater I was going to order is on hold for at least another couple of months until we know what's going on. Still got the Ford 860 to finish. Then a good start on the 340T would be good and I'd like to get the D4 done. But I do thank you for the pictures, they gave me bright spot in my day.

Rick

Hope all goes well for your treatment Rick. 

• Like 1

Dale things are going OK I guess. I'm trying to be a good boy on the internet cause right now with the chemo I'm pretty much house bound. Can't do much except complain and don't want to take out on you guys. The treatments seem to be doing what they are suppose to just won't know for couple of weeks. I said I will keep you guys posted and I Know things for certain I will. Right now my hair is funky!

Rick

• Like 3

4 hours ago, oldtanker said:

Dale things are going OK I guess. I'm trying to be a good boy on the internet cause right now with the chemo I'm pretty much house bound. Can't do much except complain and don't want to take out on you guys. The treatments seem to be doing what they are suppose to just won't know for couple of weeks. I said I will keep you guys posted and I Know things for certain I will. Right now my hair is funky!

Rick

Can I ask what type of cancer are you treating. A positive for you is a somewhat close proximity to some of the best cancer centers.

I have small cell cancer both adrenal glands and left lung and it seems to migrated to bone. Of course lymph nodes. Also had a few spots in my ever shrinking brain. So it looks like the radiation worked on my brain. Will know more later about the Chemo.

Rick

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, oldtanker said:

I have small cell cancer both adrenal glands and left lung and it seems to migrated to bone. Of course lymph nodes. Also had a few spots in my ever shrinking brain. So it looks like the radiation worked on my brain. Will know more later about the Chemo.

Rick

Will offer prayers for your recovery

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Red666 said:

Will pray for a speedy recovery

X3 

• Like 2

🙏 I am guess no more grandpa duty to keep colds and flu away, as well as no energy to keep up. Stay as positive as you can.  If it helps I say poke us here a bit. Snap and growl at us not the people in your house. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ray54 said:

🙏 I am guess no more grandpa duty to keep colds and flu away, as well as no energy to keep up. Stay as positive as you can.  If it helps I say poke us here a bit. Snap and growl at us not the people in your house. 

Thanks guys, Ray thanks for that offer. I think I caused enough ill will here in the past. Don't need to be spreading hate and discontent.

Rick

• Like 1