Tractor tire brands

KyIH

11 hours ago, KyIH said:

Would a cheaper, say alliance radial be a better option over a bias Firestone?

Friend of mine put some 18.4-34 alliance radials on an 8240 ford 2wd. They look good, and go good. However, he is probably about 8 years in and the sidewalls are cracking out so bad around the bead I'm not sure they will see 10 year mark. On a light tractor with very few hours, no fluid. Tread is still 90%  I used to have pictures in my phone, dont no more. I've got tires that are 40 years old that arent splitting out that bad. 

I run all Mitas tires on my field tractors. Have Firestone radials on the yard and haying tractors they seem to last well. I will not run a 23 degree bar tire in the field on my ground all they do is ball up. The 30 degree Mitas tires clean out so much better in my conditions. 

Well, I got some tires. I wasn’t able to get the firestones and avoided the malhotra as was suggested. I went with the Titans which look like good tires and are made in the USA. Hopefully they’ll last me a while. Thanks for all responses.

5EDA8F63-874B-49FE-B856-E1652D0DAF9E.jpeg

49BF9B62-919D-4EAA-82A6-595EB2BC8F94.jpeg

• Like 5

Should last you a long time. I looked at them when we got tires this spring but went with a pair of Alliance since they were about 250 each cheaper. There's enough of those titan tires around here and they seem to hold up alright.