Rain anyone?

Jacka

Dry here in my part of the world.Cricks are low,springs drying up,corn is rolling.Not droughty like years past but I would say dry but not very dry.We only been getting thunder storms and they been missing us.

How's it for the rest of you guys?

We've been getting just enough rain to have our drought status (D-0) removed in Spring. The lawn was starting to brown down again over the last couple weeks, but we just had 1.2" with the last storm. The lawn greened up pretty quick, so we're over the hump for right now. My hayfield is seeing some better growth from it & the corn isn't spikey. The weeds don't seem to care either way.

Mike

20 miles east of Binghamton. The farm hit the rain lottery this week. 1/2" tuesday, and 1.1" Wednesday. Places 2 & 3 miles away got a spit of rain is all. Need more, so I mowed 8 acres of thin second cutting yesterday.

• Like 1

Getting very dry here.  North of us things look better but we haven't had any rain for quite awhile. 

44 minutes ago, Jacka said:

Dry here in my part of the world.Cricks are low,springs drying up,corn is rolling.Not droughty like years past but I would say dry but not very dry.We only been getting thunder storms and they been missing us.

How's it for the rest off you guys?

Not much moisture comes up from the subsoil so we need rain every 10 days and are deficient at present plus it can be seen in the crops.  

We’re pretty dry here western ny. Got 1.5” 2 or 3 weeks ago and that’s it for last 5-6 weeks. It was just starting to get real nice late may/early June after dealing with 11-12 months of mud. Corns curling really good in the dry parts of fields. That 1.5” came just in time to keep my second cutting alive but it wasn’t enough to put any growth on it yet. My dad and brother are going to try to cut some wheat today. It’s a little wet and might have to run it through the dryer but it’s supposed rain Monday and they are worried about lodging. It started going down with that last rain. I got grass left on pasture but not getting any regrowth I’m going up to check them cows now. 

Hasn't rained around here since early June.   Spotty thunder storms, I watched one pass about 1 mile from by yard, just a few drops here.  Actually, typical summer in this area.

.61 for month of July so far. 2” in June. Starting to get pretty dry, seen some corn curling in compaction areas around but holding its own for most part. Tasseling now so could use a good drink. 

We're dry here.

It's been a crazy year.

Flooding all spring then no rain for weeks.

My fields were underwater in early June. It turned off 90s and 100s. Dried up fast. Turned the ground hard as a brick...

I planted soybeans as soon as possible after it dried up but the ground dried up fast. The first field I planted came up with a thin stand but the rest didn't get a stand.

My irrigation pump has ran almost continuously to keep my rice flooded. I estimate I'm loosing 1/4 inch per day between evaporation and transpiration from my rice fields.

Most my neighbors are feeding hay.

High of 102F today. It's been over a month without rain.

• Sad 1

dry here 

the storms are splitting and going over the big lake and Wi.

all the first cutting is down and drying nice

going to chop tonight and tomorrow after church and Monday

should get it all in before the rain Tuesday.

if there is moisture in the future should get a second cutting

Mike

Here in Western Manitoba, for once we actually haven't got a rain every time a cloud passes. Still pretty wet but it is drying. We were finally able to work up about 80% of what we couldn't seed 3 weeks ago. We're still getting rain every few days or once a week but not big downpours anymore. Pastures are keeping way ahead of the cows. Hay crops look awesome if we're ever able to put it up dry. I feel for you guys where it's really dry. We had a few years like that, and it's not any nicer than being too wet

Memphis area had less than an inch in all of June. Irrigated stuff is holding its own; dryland burning up. Even rice is suffering.  Nighttime Temps not going down enough.

• Like 1

We had almost 4 inches of rain last night. And we have more in the forecast. 

South Central Michigan 

7 minutes ago, Reichow7120 said:

We had almost 4 inches of rain last night. And we have more in the forecast. 

South Central Michigan 

Wow ,send some here to south central Pennsylvania 

Thunderstorms earlier today dumped at least an inch in less than an hour. Very local but they have been hitting us fairly regularly.

JackA , they must just miss you!

NC Indiana,  .75" late yesterday & last night with more chances on Sunday. Crops look decent for being so dry. Corn starting to tassel.

1.5 a couple weekends ago. .4 here the other morning. Mom got a 1/4" pretty spotty. Yard had went dormant for 3 or 4 weeks. Came back enough to mow once. Will need it again maybe this week.

Overcast today so not too bad but suppose to be hotter next week and a few windy days.

Corns tassled out  good and 2nd cutting hay looks pretty good in neighborhood.  Need to check my lil field in the back it may need mowed soon.

7 hours ago, hobbyfarm said:

Getting very dry here.  North of us things look better but we haven't had any rain for quite awhile. 

Maybe I needed this thread.  Got a good shower thus afternoon.  We could certainly use more but we will take what we get.  Sold some wrapped hay today that is going to be fed out now. Grass is definitely  not growing.

• Sad 1