They should make everything out of auction tags.

Matt Kirsch

1 hour ago, Matt Kirsch said:

Auction tags have to be made from the toughest materials known to man. Almost everything I've bought at auction still has the tag on it even if its sat outside for years.

Around here a lot of auctioneers use paint sticks. I have seen equipment with 3-4 different lot numbers on it and it wasn’t necessarily a lemon. 

• Like 1

I always thought that they should make jet airliners out of the same material that the little black box is made out of. The plane can be disintegrated but the box is usually intact.

• Like 3

Avery has a good plastic water proof  shipping label. # 5524 but let the laser print label get cool before you handle it.  It sticks well to glass and plastics, makes a good glass jar label.

And tractor paint should be the same as the paint pens they write on stuff with.

Sold my old ground drive rake last week.  It still had my buyer number written on the hitch from 16 years ago.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, hobbyfarm said:

And tractor paint should be the same as the paint pens they write on stuff with.

Sold my old ground drive rake last week.  It still had my buyer number written on the hitch from 16 years ago.

X2!

I've tried everything short of sandpaper to get that white paint off. 

On 7/16/2022 at 2:44 PM, Binderoid said:

I always thought that they should make jet airliners out of the same material that the little black box is made out of. The plane can be disintegrated but the box is usually intact.

Then they wouldn’t need the black box, and all those pesky investigators looking for it would be …oh never mind.

That’ll go off the rails lol

• Like 1

acetone works great for any tagging.

Mike