Any brothers in frustration?

sandhiller

Most of you guys are pretty damn talented.

You have my respect.

Is there anyone else like me who can identify with this guy???

😄

293201812_1946132458911445_7393628206203382319_n.thumb.jpg.4e3a4c3869c47d19833c2fca5b28e03a.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 11

Yup..

• Like 1

This freakin chrysler town and country ive been working on! It started with a click pop from the front cvs..so i replaced them and the ball joints and bushings...only to fire it up and now the back is poping and clicking!(its awd)

At least the rear looks easier..fml

Next up will be all the maintenance on an 03 tacoma crewcab....i might buy.

Oh yeah and 2 1ton dodge projects. Lets not discount the 50 hr service on the branson.. and oh yeah, i have a dozer from 1968 to service up too!

At least i dont have to do the front end on the wifes 05 silverado....ill just take it in the azz on that one...1750$ later..

😆🤣😂😪

• Haha 2

Ive got to add that growing up dad not only had me to help but had a group of friends that seemed to always be around to drink his beer and help...some more than others, helping that is but around none the less. 

I dont want this to sound like bitshing but what is with guys my age and younger?? Nobody wants to hang around and help...the few people i know up here are good people but are useless for anything other than tech. If i had a friend with an old dozer and a bunch of other cool chit id be over there to learn! Willingly helping!

• Like 3

But the next time it takes 4 hours and I forget it was supposed to take 30 min and just think how good I am to cut my time in half!

• Haha 6

Got a Farmall 95u the local coop test plot boys broke the 3 point rockshaft on. I didn't tear it apart. I got it back together and pto doesn't work right now and three point maybe works 1/3 of the way up and down.

5 hours ago, Twolines said:

dont want this to sound like bitshing but what is with guys my age and younger?? Nobody wants to hang around and help...

Maybe it's because there is nothing else to do out here but most projects gets plenty of help and beer gets brought in.

Last fire truck build out at one of the ranches (he has the nicest shop) we had a toddler in diapers, barefoot😬 (dad and everyone made sure to know where he was at at all times and never let him wonder into danger) to a couple old guys that held down chairs.

Work is still a social gathering and I guess that is one of the things I like about it out here.

Young kids learn by following dad to these gatherings and when they are old enough to help, they jump right in.

It ain't perfect and it ain't everybody but still pretty damn good.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, sandhiller said:

Most of you guys are pretty damn talented.

You have my respect.

Is there anyone else like me who can identify with this guy???

😄

293201812_1946132458911445_7393628206203382319_n.thumb.jpg.4e3a4c3869c47d19833c2fca5b28e03a.jpg

Story of my life.

Started to replace the pump on my brother’s wall walker manure pump yesterday.  Was supposed to be a straight up pump module swap.  Then I figured out that the pump on the wall walker is somewhat custom built and I have to disassemble the old module, disassemble the new module, then assemble what I need from both sets of parts . . . 

• Like 1

I have that issue all the time. A lot of the reason is because I've become more meticulous with what I do.... unless my pants are on fire, due to hay laying on the field & rain coming, etc. Otherwise, things just go together better & work better when time is spent in the details. Also pays to slow down a touch & think about things. Maybe think about my inspirations that led me to such a decision i.e. reflecting on that great master mechanic, Cooter, who could be found polishing his nuts & daydreaming of Daisy.

Mike

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

He is also not dirty enough to be at the cursing stage. Just mildly inconvenienced. Mine usually go like this- engine oil cooler lines leaking on the Suburban- order hoses- get hoses-take old ones off- put the new ones on underneath engine- find the fitting that goes into radiator are a different size, have to put old ones back on because I can't close the garage door. Meanwhile the oily grease from the leak is all painted over my arms and shirt. Now I am not happy and the store does not know if the other set labeled for the Suburban are the right ones, either way they have to order them. To be continued in a back yard garage in Wisconsin.

• Haha 1

Part comes.

Only to discover that the dreaded modification has interfered and a whole new assembly has to be ordered as the original part is no longer available.

The new assembly is on back order and when it eventually  turns up an extra adaptor or bush has to be ordered before the machine can be reasembled.

So then upon reassembly 3 months later a spring is discovered missing and due to a moment of missed concentration another stud snaps off and you walk away fantasising about 5 gallon of diesel and a match.

Yep we all been there

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Or never ever do a plumbing job on a Sunday when the store is shut and you will end up with either no water or a fountain.

• Like 2

It used to take about 15 minutes to set the clutch and TA linkage on anything with the first style TA.

The last one I did took over 3 hours as every turn buckle was rusted solid.

It even took heat to free up one.

What was done easily years ago is now stuck solid due to rust, or dirt or old age.

Then you order parts because no one has on the shelf and then find you have the wrong parts.

It is Murphy's Law!

Makes you want to crawl into many cans of "Wobble Pop".

• Haha 1

After many hours of prep and 2 coats of paint, I spray on the final coat and the previous coats are crinkled up by the last coat.  So I start over, back to bare metal.

I do a repair on an electronic device and the part I used for replacement (different vendor) is just large enough to be make the PCB to high to fit where it has to go. I only had the PCB but I should have known better!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Art From Coleman said:

Other than him wearing shorts, and no tools laying around, I don't see what he is "confused" about.  

I have changed my mind about him having no reason to be confused.  

He may be having difficulty trying to understand why the NEW shock (with the plastic strap holding it collapsed) is NOT as long as the old shock that he is holding.

Wearing shorts and comfy little 'snugglies' on your feet, will do that to a person, and he appears to be just that sort of person.

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, sandhiller said:

Maybe it's because there is nothing else to do out here but most projects gets plenty of help and beer gets brought in.

Last fire truck build out at one of the ranches (he has the nicest shop) we had a toddler in diapers, barefoot😬 (dad and everyone made sure to know where he was at at all times and never let him wonder into danger) to a couple old guys that held down chairs.

Work is still a social gathering and I guess that is one of the things I like about it out here.

Young kids learn by following dad to these gatherings and when they are old enough to help, they jump right in.

It ain't perfect and it ain't everybody but still pretty damn good.

Set up an extra chair! I’m told I’m a heck of a supervisor 🤪😇😂

• Haha 1