Dad passed on ( not sad it was a blessing)

dale560

Got word dad passed today. It’s not a sad day. He was pretty stricken with Parkinson’s and in a home. This picture is really only one I had on phone from 3 years ago. He lost his mind about this time and the other side of family went crazy. I learned a few things from him and in all fairness learned a lot on not how to treat people. But he was a working fool and kind a deserves a place to rest now.

E0947E40-9748-494C-AFC6-AE2E73B4ACD2.jpeg

• Sad 6

Will have you in prayer.  I've been down your path, but who's on it at the time is who's on it at the time.  Hang in there.  

I understand he is in a better place now. 

Life down here can be tough sometimes. 

My sympathies to you and your family Dale. 

Will pray for healing. 

Yes he is in a better place. But thing will pop up that will make wish he was still with you.

Praying your family drama has passed as well.

• Like 1

Sorry about your dad.  From the things you have posted I do believe he is in a better place.  Even with the strain in your guys relationship I commend you for pointing out his good qualities and what you learned from him.

• Like 1

I'm sorry for your loss.

I understand your situation very well. My mother in law passed last year. She had alzheimer's and had been gone for years.

It's very sad in many ways.

Yes it’s hard I was the one that spent the most time with dad over the years. More so than even mom. We learned a lot from him. Like always stop and change a tire or help a stranded motorist in the local area. Plus other things you learn without realizing you are learning it. He is in a better spot though now. He couldn’t talk anymore for the last year..Funny thing today I was working and wanted to read a manual and it was on manganese removal from water and the disease caused by exposure. It mimics Parkinson’s but levodopa doesn’t work to treat disease. I thought yep the symptoms sure are what afflicted dad. About 1:2 hour later heard he had passed away. Way back when dad was careless welding, brazing and lacquer paint. Then onto farm chemicals, he had a bad reaction to DB Green from agsco years ago sure that all lead to health problems later in life

4 minutes ago, ihrondiesel said:

Sorry for your loss, Dale.  Glad you have some good memories of him. 

That’s what you keep. They pop up all the time when your doing something. Other day as I drove by old auto parts building. It popped in my head how he took us to town brother and I. He told us to stay in pickup. We were crawling in and out of windows on his 74 gmc into the pickup box but never got out. Really the last time I talked to him was in may 2019. I was putting boom back on pull type sprayer and he came out to help. He was good mentally that day we talked a slight bit and that was enough not said but just actions to be the final goodbye and make peace with that.

Sorry for your loss 

God rest his soul. 
i was sad to here he had Parkinson’s 

my father also suffered with it also. 
sorry for your loss and condolences to your family 

• Like 1

Sounds like you have a lifetime of memories and his work ethic and attitude to take on jobs has served you well, you have a great attitude to evaluate all they were and shape who we want to be