Oldman and Mopar Lovers

hardtail

Don't have to be a Dart or Scamp owner to appreciate that sweet ride. 

He made stuff go by perty quick😄

2010790266_carletu.thumb.JPG.2d7862fc1f9be5b62b91cb0316540311.JPG

• Haha 4

It gets up and moves, slices through the gears pretty good, 3000 rpm reminded me quick on how monotonous that buzz was on highway trips, was not a huge fan of that after awhile, sorry autocorrect must have changed @oleman @Rusty shackleford @SDman

• Like 1

I love the comment under the video that says "for legal reasons, the video was filmed in Mexico with an unknown driver". Lol. Yeah right....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, SDman said:

I love the comment under the video that says "for legal reasons, the video was filmed in Mexico with an unknown driver". Lol. Yeah right....

I fully understand, but law enforcement does watch these videos (while munching doughnuts) and there is enough identifiable information (road signs, businesses, and the lake shore) to identify the area, and then, to quote every cop movie ever made, "be on the lookout" for that car.

The only thing I saw wrong was he kind of cut it close while passing a couple of cars.  

Years ago-------friend had a hot little ride (maybe a Charger???).

Anyway the older and very likeable constable took pursuit behind Beatty and his zoom machine in the constable's old and faded station wagon. They new each other well.

Beatty ran off and left old Strick and the old station wagon------sort of forgetting that Strick was chasing him.

As Beatty and the zoom machine pull into the outskirts of the next little town-------he comes up on this huge road block of Hwy patrol and city police.  Beatty had no where to go------he was caught.

As the roadblock officers were interrogating Beatty-------they all hear a siren in the far distance slowly advancing in their direction.  The siren pulls up beside Beatty's car and it Strick in the station wagon.  Beatty comments:  Strick you are gonna have to get you a faster ride if you are gonna chase me.

Strick answered:  Beatty you might outrun my old wheels here------but you ain't gonna outrun my MOTOROLA!!!!!B):unsure:

End of the chase.

Beatty and Strick are probably both gone now-------a good laugh from the old days.

DD

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

That is a 1972 Gran Torino!  In the meme.

Yes it is! I owned 3 of them in my past. And 7 Ford Torino GT's all together. Wish I had kept a couple. Oh well.

• Like 1

It looks like the rev limiter is set at 7 grand, hence the yellow light, is that redline or safety line?  I has a 302 z28 done to the nutz and the redline was optimum at 7500, the day I sold it I took one pass pulling 8500, and still no float, this appears geared taller also running 3000 and 50 or so, hard time seeing the tach, the other gauges, oil pressure and boost methinks.

1 minute ago, Buddy said:

Yes it is! I owned 3 of them in my past. And 7 Ford Torino GT's all together. Wish I had kept a couple. Oh well.

What power on the torinos? I had one withba Cleveland and the rare 2 bbl, at least I thought it was rare.

351's, 390's,428's, and 429's. I was always swapping them around from one to another. Corse I was younger and more energetic.😁

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Buddy said:

My Dad's last new car and the source of childhood car memories was that 72 Torino Sport.  351 Cleveland,  4 brl, performance cylinder heads, smog delete.  It was fast for a heavy car!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Buddy said:

351's, 390's,428's, and 429's. I was always swapping them around from one to another. Corse I was younger and more energetic.😁

You missed the 406 and 427, the true big dogs of the HP Ford line, earlier on the 272, 292, 312 were to be reckoned with.

I still dabble with cars and engines, I actually still own a  460 Ford, 454 Chevy, 440 Mopar, 505 Cummins 213 Detroit and 179 International powered equipment.  I actually own more cubic inches of displacement operational than anyone else I know. Lucky me, at some times I have had to go through the lineup to make it to Walmart for shopping!

1 hour ago, oleman said:

You missed the 406 and 427, the true big dogs of the HP Ford line, earlier on the 272, 292, 312 were to be reckoned with.

I still dabble with cars and engines, I actually still own a  460 Ford, 454 Chevy, 440 Mopar, 505 Cummins 213 Detroit and 179 International powered equipment.  I actually own more cubic inches of displacement operational than anyone else I know. Lucky me, at some times I have had to go through the lineup to make it to Walmart for shopping!

I think he was referring to the engines HE had owned in those Torino's. A nice tight warmed over 390 or 428 ain't no Slouch either. Never been around a 29 but assume they run ok too. 

406 technically too early to fit a torino with out a few minor mods. Mostly or all bolt on but still....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, iowaboy1965 said:

I think he was referring to the engines HE had owned in those Torino's. A nice tight warmed over 390 or 428 ain't no Slouch either. Never been around a 29 but assume they run ok too. 

406 technically too early to fit a torino with out a few minor mods. Mostly or all bolt on but still....

Hey iowa, the 406 went along with the 409 and 413 didn't it, not to many engines had songs named for them, the rat was my favorite of all of them, and I still wish I had gotten a hemi in '69 but say la vee, the other one from dodge/plymouth was the 426 wedge, when you start looking at engines since the flathead days lots and lots of numbers.

• Like 1

The Goodguys Rod and Custom Nationals is this weekend at the Iowa State Fairgrounds.   Lots of neat cars during my commute this AM.  Including the General Lee!  Expect to see more on my drive home.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dasnake said:

Hey iowa, the 406 went along with the 409 and 413 didn't it, not to many engines had songs named for them, the rat was my favorite of all of them, and I still wish I had gotten a hemi in '69 but say la vee, the other one from dodge/plymouth was the 426 wedge, when you start looking at engines since the flathead days lots and lots of numbers.

About the same time period I believe.  62/63.

• Like 1

I remember 1965 we drove down to an Everett car parts and one customer had a '64 impala s/s, 409, 4 spd, dual 4s, she was fine his 409, Bwahahahahahahahaha.

• Haha 1

On 6/29/2022 at 8:18 PM, Dasnake said:

hence the yellow light, is that redline or safety line?

The yellow lite is the shift light 

You see the light you make the gear change it doesn't take eye off the track

• Thanks 1

On 6/29/2022 at 1:50 PM, Art From Coleman said:

I fully understand, but law enforcement does watch these videos (while munching doughnuts) and there is enough identifiable information (road signs, businesses, and the lake shore) to identify the area, and then, to quote every cop movie ever made, "be on the lookout" for that car.

In a similar matter, so are EPA-type of people in some "green states". People have been caught trying to sell personal vehicles that are advertised as "deleted and tuned" on Facebook Marketplace and other online vehicle sales venues by "government employees" who are watching for these vehicles. Sounds like if they notice your ad, you have 30 days to get your vehicle emissions-compliant or else you will have to deal these people in a court of law.

Seen this video before, love the part where the s10 blazer dang near ran that light...wonder if he was trying to give him a run lol. I always really liked the 68-70 roadrunner best(not sure of year cut off). Uncle had a friend that had a 68, think it had a 383? In it. Very quick car. Same uncle had a dart with a 340, also stoopid fast.

If u guys are perusing utoob look for walter grosse and his turbo mustang. I grew up with this guy, top notch mechanic. I tease him about his affection to ford lol i think he gets spanked buy a supra in one video and a grand national in another. His mustang is pretty sweet though, last i knew he was still running twin turbo.

That would be on Vancouver Island about midway up the east coast, fairways from Mexico, I thought it had a PNW vibe so not far off