CROCS, what the fashionable biker is wearing this summer 😉

vtfireman85

Say it ain't so 😲

I tell ya this plandemic turned our little planet upside down

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh boy... thats gonna hurt at some point. Lace up brother.

Ill admit ive rode a good bit in romeos..havnt regretted it yet lol.

Most of my family are country type folk...but theres a vein of biker in there. I was raised around some greasy guys, "scooter trash" one called himself and kind. I remeber this one old dude looked more like a hippy and wore flip flops all the time. 

Ill embarrass myself here a little more than usual... i now where crocs at home as slippers. Ive got a few broken toes that never saw a doc and i guess didnt heal right...they get to hurtn something bad. After wearing these goofy things my feet feel much better and dont stink half as bad as they used to. Nothing like gimp toes that smell like raw hamburger.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Twolines said:

Oh boy... thats gonna hurt at some point. Lace up brother.

Ill admit ive rode a good bit in romeos..havnt regretted it yet lol.

Most of my family are country type folk...but theres a vein of biker in there. I was raised around some greasy guys, "scooter trash" one called himself and kind. I remeber this one old dude looked more like a hippy and wore flip flops all the time. 

Ill embarrass myself here a little more than usual... i now where crocs at home as slippers. Ive got a few broken toes that never saw a doc and i guess didnt heal right...they get to hurtn something bad. After wearing these goofy things my feet feel much better and dont stink half as bad as they used to. Nothing like gimp toes that smell like raw hamburger.

Well, @Twolines...now  that was a very interesting  and informative  discourse on your podiatry  problems....something, no doubt the "croc'  lovers will rejoice in..as it  gives further  traction, you might say....to the  'plastic footwear set''......not me though, I am old school.,quite happy to bend down and lace up my Red Wings in the dawn of the new day....

...Oh...have you had a yarn with your Dad yet ?????.....:)

Mike

• Haha 1

Mike it was hard enough to admit lol! I used to call the croc wearers names in my head...now i am one..

I have always wore boots, still do but it sure is nice to sit on the porch and let these babies vent! Ive always wore tony llama, ariat and red wing...then i found danner romeos. Love them.

Havnt spoke to dad again. Sis said his phone broke which is hooked to his hearing aid and he cant really talk without it. I suspect this is why he hasnt answered my call. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, td9inidaho said:

City folks buy a bike and a harley shirt, and think they are bikers. My opinion is the real fools are the people buying into the "Harley club" 😂😂

Mark

About 30 years ago when the baby boomers were first buying the bike their mothers wouldn't let them have a few of the guys in the flight department where I worked, the department manager, the chief pilot, and the maintenance manager all when whole hog, so as to speak.

They invited me on a charity ride and I was going to use my Commando but it turned up to have a flat tire so I took my GS1100.

I showed up and found a group of new riders. They all had complete leathers, forward controls and ape hangers and proudly wore jackets with giant HOG (Harley Owner's Group) patches on their backs like they were part of some outlaw bike gang. I was relegated to the back of the pack while they rode in staggered formation, slowly, as they really couldn't ride.

I couldn't believe the snobbery! They were looking down their noses at a bike that could out speed, out handle, and out brake them! thought it was a ride for charity! After being reprimanded for breaking formation I decided F this and passed the whole column at warp 9. 

I've got nothing against HDs but really laugh at the guys who try to look bad on their new bikes. The ape hangers crack me up. After the blood starts draining out of their arms you see them riding single handed. Watching one trying to negotiate a high speed curve with forward controls is a trip.

They look bad azsed though!

I remember meeting up and riding with a guy on an ancient Sportster. We were pretty evenly matched as the Sportster would pull ahead on the straights with the Commando catching up on the curves. Two old bikes meant for riding, not looking pretty. It was inpromptu and when we went our seperate ways we both had smiles.

• Like 1

Agreed on many points, if you enjoy 2 wheels and the wind who cares what brand the chariot is, think Jesse James lamb basted bikers at a huge event years ago and was making his living in the industry 

Do have apes on my wideglide and can ride all day, each bike has a different style and layout to suit the rider, I don't get the skull kerchief when you live in town and might hit a bug at 32 mph

40 minutes ago, hardtail said:

Agreed on many points, if you enjoy 2 wheels and the wind who cares what brand the chariot is, think Jesse James lamb basted bikers at a huge event years ago and was making his living in the industry 

Do have apes on my wideglide and can ride all day, each bike has a different style and layout to suit the rider, I don't get the skull kerchief when you live in town and might hit a bug at 32 mph

I hope I didn't offend.... I rode one briefly with apes and could never see myself liking it.

Way back a mechanic who I knew to have a Honda 750 tricked out as a Cafe Racer with clip-ons and rear-sets, showed up with a brand new Heritage Soft Tail (for those who don't know it's styled to look like an ancient hard tailed bike but has a hidden suspension) I said "pretty bike" he said "try it". I promptly dragged the floor boards just pulling out of the parking lot and sheepishly rode back. He said "it isn't made for corners".

When I came across him some years later he was still heavily into riding but switched to side cars so he could carry his stuff. Side cars are a trip! Totally different and a little scary for my novice riding attempts. It would take some getting used to.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, hardtail said:

I ain’t no biker, I have a very bad sense of balance. But this got my mind going on a song I heard few years ago. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sandhiller said:

I um oh nevermind...............

hRGsdV9.thumb.jpeg.302eeec8b5724a04e34225a5d23c04a5.jpeg

...how the mighty have fallen....the old red neck from the boonies ....has it really come to this...good grief...:(

Mike

...I will never buy  those "Red Wing' boots again.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, mike newman said:

...how the mighty have fallen....the old red neck from the boonies ....has it really come to this...good grief...:(

Mike

...I will never buy  those "Red Wing' boots again.

LOL, I think you know what I where on my bony feet any time I am out of the house.🤠

My god given right to personal preference allows me to never be seen in a pair of lobster tails or crockrockers. 

Besides, any time I am in the house, I gots these bad boyz on😎

1017773750_bunnyslippers.webp.a1282daafec1c3fb438122c092716e3c.webp

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, sandhiller said:

LOL, I think you know what I where on my bony feet any time I am out of the house.🤠

My god given right to personal preference allows me to never be seen in a pair of lobster tails or crockrockers. 

Besides, any time I am in the house, I gots these bad boyz on😎

1017773750_bunnyslippers.webp.a1282daafec1c3fb438122c092716e3c.webp

...A full frontal picture of you at rest, sandhiller, please ...wearing what ever you may call that ''footwear''  otherwise I believe you may be tricking us peasants....

,,,,sort of thing ''duck lovers'' from back East might wear,,,,,,certainly not  ol'cattlemen

Mike

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, mike newman said:

...A full frontal picture of you at rest, sandhiller, please ...wearing what ever you may call that ''footwear''  otherwise I believe you may be tricking us peasants....

,,,,sort of thing ''duck lovers'' from back East might wear,,,,,,certainly not  ol'cattlemen

Mike

A full frontal of the ol sandhiller is copyrighted and owned by a syndicate down in Hooker County. 

Don't want to get in trouble here for posting copyrighted materials

"at rest"???

sandhiller is never "at rest"

goodbadugly-chloe.gif.d80c617dc14421379a29ceabf6c6b347.gif

😉😄😂🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2