I never knew Ford made a Travelall type vehicle

I always wondered why Ford never made a vehicle like a Travelall or Suburban. But, apparently they did, from 61-91 as the B100 Carryall. They only sold it it Mexico and south America, though, which is almost more puzzling. This one showed up on C-List for $27,000 which made me start searching.

00808_5LbtrLkXFqqz_1320MM_1200x900.jpg

• Like 5

Ford in Brazil are quite a bit different. The body style pickups that Ford guys call "bump sides" was built in Brazil until 1999 l think. l kind of like the dual headlights on this '97 model.

image.thumb.png.85a0a8fb0253ba787a9c437c4dbb46a9.png

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lorenzo said:

I know where there are three 1956 Ford panel vans in a warehouse. 

photo from the WWW

6FF941EA-271F-4D6E-8263-03C901CA1928.thumb.jpeg.0f69232bb8e5fe4caf5f01db13e07160.jpeg

I swear, you know where are the good stuff is squirreled away!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, KWRB said:

I swear, you know where are the good stuff is squirreled away!

Let me know if your interested in one. 
All three are for sale and will need a total restoration. 

26 minutes ago, twostepn2001 said:

Ford in Brazil are quite a bit different. The body style pickups that Ford guys call "bump sides" was built in Brazil until 1999 l think. l kind of like the dual headlights on this '97 model.

I'm in love, anyone want to take a boat ride?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, twostepn2001 said:

Sooo, does that mean they are now making the "dent sides" 😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I dont care for that grille but always thought the bump side was a better truck in many ways than the dent side. Tho I have owned and like both.

10 hours ago, MinnesotaFarmall said:

I got a look at Brasil about 1980.  First Ford I saw had front wheel drive and three stud wheels.  That was the Corcel with a body style like Cortinas of about that vintage and the Oz Falcon XD.  That was where I learned of the Renault connection

More here - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Brasil

8 hours ago, russtred said:

EbkAmiqXYAQu9HH.jpg

I think those were a conversion company. Centurion comes to mind. I think they upfitted trucks around that time. Neighbor had a mid 90’s, 4 door dually with 4 bucket seats and a really nice interior. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

I think those were a conversion company. Centurion comes to mind. I think they upfitted trucks around that time. Neighbor had a mid 90’s, 4 door dually with 4 bucket seats and a really nice interior. 

I believe you are correct, Centurion did those.

11 hours ago, iowaboy1965 said:

I dont care for that grille but always thought the bump side was a better truck in many ways than the dent side. Tho I have owned and like both.

It is cool, wonder what the interior was like in '99?

I also have had bump and dent trucks.  Just curious, what did you think was better about the bump trucks?

Always thought the doors shut better on the bumps. More plastic in the dent sides. Plastic door panels that cracked and broke along with the plastic pull cup things in the later dents  that broke regularly. All in all I just felt the bumps were a more solidly built truck. Still have the one my grandparents bought new and sold to my dad and he later sold it to me when I was 17 or so. People always slammed the doors way to hard. It didn't take much and they would swing shut and latch nicely. Now the dent sides took a bit more force to get em to latch it seemed to me.

Don't get me wrong the bumps had their share of problems as they aged but when they were new or in good shape I would take one over a dent side any day.