Heading home.....eventually.

Brady Boy

Wright Patterson is truly amazing!  Been twice and thoroughly enjoyed both trips!  Some day we'll go back....

If you can go, go.....its worth it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SMOKER 1 said:

That is a great place to visit. Where next, Billy?

jerry

Heading to Michigan, to visit all my worthless relatives. Tomorrow is the last Tuesday of the month, so one stop at the Jackson State Penitentiary should catch most of them, lol. BK

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, Art From Coleman said:

That, sir, is as close as I will ever get, so, thank you for the pictures.

I assume that you have been to the Pima Air and Space Museum at Tucson, AZ, and the Strategic Air Command Museum at Ashland NE.

The two re-entry vehicles on display by the Minuteman II (?), are minuscule in size compared to the re-entry vehicle from the Titan II.

IMHO, the XB-70 remains the all-time best looking aircraft, EVER.

Never been to Pima or SAC museum. Yes, Minuteman is smaller, maybe that's why I had 10 of them, lol. BK 

Cool! Glad to hear someone from the RPRU got to go see the USAF Museum. It is a must see. I miss living in SE Michigan when, on a whim, I could up and take a day trip to the AF museum. Now from central TX, it’s more than just a day trip. 😂

The last time I visited the AF Museum was summer of 2009, before wifey and I went overseas to the UAE for 4 years. That’s too dang long ago. I need to get back to the museum some day.

I don’t remember all those railings set up around the planes like that!!?? You use to be able to walk right up to, around, and under a lot of the planes! That’s kind of a bummer. And the B-17 Memphis Belle use  to be setting on the  hangar floor, not up on posts like it shows in your pic here!

I have been to Pima, back in the 1990s. 

• Thanks 1

Very cool Billy , thanks for posting those pictures 👍😎

Danny

In Michigan, sorting through the family archives, we inherited last year when we lost mother, found this 1957 picture of me heading to the "back 40" on my Farmall 400. BK 

20220701_191740.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I had some friends that came to the show in Ohio last week that went to Dayton for a look at this I wish I had the time on my trip to go to it guess I’ll have to make a special trip maybe next year if we go to rantool 

• Like 1

On 6/27/2022 at 9:56 AM, Brady Boy said:

Correction, make that Ottawa Lake. BK 

Ottawa Lake! Exit 5 on US23! That is a few moments drive from my old home. We lived right near the Pilot at Exit 5. 

1 hour ago, Rick G. said:

Ottawa Lake! Exit 5 on US23! That is a few moments drive from my old home. We lived right near the Pilot at Exit 5. 

That's exactly where I was. BK 

On 7/1/2022 at 9:29 PM, Rick G. said:

It's right down the street from where my dad and his brother and sister grew up. (We still have 80 acres there but someone else farms it for us now)  That area was better before the truck stop was put in.

Bill I enjoy seeing your travels.    Algonac state park seems fun. Always wanted to make it out there but haven't yet.  

Back in Indiana, for a couple days. Had a great visit in Michigan. Wife has convinced me, it's time to start heading west. Anyone who has attended Red Power Show or Rantoul may recognize this cart. BK 

20220707_203312.jpg

• Like 1