Anyone know the story on the semi load of old IH tractors wrecked in OH?????

The_CSMs_Wife

17 hours ago, twostepn2001 said:

Rick, l don't know what year model that the cabover KW was in the accident, but back in the late '80's and early '90's there was a major recall on certain types of steering boxes that affected just about all class 8 truck manufactures but really hit PACCAR (Pete and KW). What was really odd was at the time l drove for a company that had a fleet of 250 1987 to 1995 Marmon's. They were all included in the recall but only about 50 trucks actually had the defective steering box.

I remember that. It was about 1988. Pete and KW had new trucks on the lot that they couldn't sell because of the recall.

• 2 months later...

I saw that on another Facebook group as well, that they're in the process of trying to bring the 1256 back.  Read that someone else is also trying to save the 1026 Hydro that was also involved in this wreck.

• Like 1

Something’s fishy about those two pics. Look at the direction of the rear tire mounting between the two pics. They are bass ackwards in the first pic, and yet mounted going the “normal”direction in the second pic taken the day of the wreck! Could this be two different wrecked tractors and someone trying to pull a scam? 

28 minutes ago, Rick G. said:

Something’s fishy about those two pics. Look at the direction of the rear tire mounting between the two pics. They are bass ackwards in the first pic, and yet mounted going the “normal”direction in the second pic taken the day of the wreck! Could this be two different wrecked tractors and someone trying to pull a scam? 

Looks to me like they changed hub and tire on right side. Probably was broke in accident and just put one on to move it around. Tires are different brands in second picture. 

• Like 1

On 8/31/2022 at 10:04 AM, jass1660 said:

Looks to me like they changed hub and tire on right side. Probably was broke in accident and just put one on to move it around. Tires are different brands in second picture. 

Well, I think it's in Delaware now, so someone likely did something to them after it left Ohio.