Anyone know the story on the semi load of old IH tractors wrecked in OH?????

Just now, jeeper61 said:

The photo at the show in parking lot has a 1206 with red and white back rims 

That tractor is not on the salvage trailer 

That owner had several machines there if we are correct on the machines that were damaged. 2-3 truck loads probably from the same collection 

3 minutes ago, jeeper61 said:

Should have been 12 chains on that load 

In that picture i only see straps. 
Not saying its the case in this load but i see a lot of straps on sharp edges, or that have been damaged by being there previously. Its bad news and often overlooked.

4 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

In that picture i only see straps. 
Not saying its the case in this load but i see a lot of straps on sharp edges, or that have been damaged by being there previously. Its bad news and often overlooked.

More than likely all straps which is not regulation 

I see one hanging out from the back of the trailer 

image.png.9de693e14aae2dc6d835e319c0e3720c.png

8 minutes ago, jeeper61 said:

More than likely all straps which is not regulation 

I see one hanging out from the back of the trailer 

image.png.9de693e14aae2dc6d835e319c0e3720c.png

All i see is straps, 

i don’t bring this to be disrespectful , or to beat a dead horse. Just an observation. 
I sincerely hope the driver is ok, and well insured. 

EDCBABFD-75E5-41E1-AC14-973032D47296.png

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

That owner had several machines there if we are correct on the machines that were damaged. 2-3 truck loads probably from the same collection 

If in fact it was Ernies he had 21 tractors there. Could be wrong but I think the only heirloom was a early H.

10 minutes ago, jingles1928 said:

If in fact it was Ernies he had 21 tractors there. Could be wrong but I think the only heirloom was a early H.

I was guessing on tractors with the same name tag. You would know much better than me. 

Luckily people who play at that level can take the hit and move on 

It would be a really really bad deal if that was 3 working tractors on the way to the field.....

Four counting the road tractor and a trailer out of service 

Wonder what the drivers thoughts are on cabovers now?

57 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

I was guessing on tractors with the same name tag. You would know much better than me. 

I was talking to him when they were unloading the last two loads. Member of Chapter 6.

• Thanks 1

Perhaps the driver dozed off/fell asleep.

As far as the use of straps, it is so obvious that they cannot take the wear/abuse of a chain, and if you want to scare yourself, look at how nylon straps are used by NON-professionals.

I don’t know what or how it happened and from what I read, none of you do either. I want to know who is an accident investigator? Which one of you were at the scene? Who all ooed and awed at his tractors at the show, and would have made snide comments about either chain marks, or if he would have had easy hooks added, would have said that wasn’t factory?

Unless you were involved, I recommend praying for the family who lost a loved one and leave it at that. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 7

The law is absolutely clear if you can't follow it don't be on the road with me  

I don't want to look out the windshield and see someone's load coming at me because it broke loose because they improperly bound it down!! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1