Loss of hyd pressure to loader mx115 maxxum

Moving gravel with mx115, lift capacity just went down hill.  Three point lifts good and I believe rear remotes work (it’s still hooked to a 10’ heavy three pt brush hog, only have the lift cylinders on it to judge by right now.  What pump is shot?   I’d find a better pic, but it’s time to go rake hay

• stronger800 changed the title to Loss of hyd pressure to loader mx115 maxxum

Right under remote valve stack is a big hex plug in the heart of it is a little 10mm hex back it out a couple turns. Now make sure large hex is snug / tight then tighten the 10mm one back up. When loader is installed if the little one isn't backed out far enough the big one doesn't get a tight as it should be before little one seats.  

87731AA2-C78E-4F52-96AA-C253E33C6176.thumb.jpeg.351a6c67e858a217ab20cf12aaf10f38.jpeg

you nailed it. The outer plug was tight but the small one in the middle was about an eighth or a quarter of a turn loose. I did not take time to pull back out of the garage and put the bucket on but it would barely lift the loader, its own weight, as I put it into the building at noon time and just now I put  the attach  coupler of my skid steer over top of the  coupler  plate on the tractor, and the tractor lifted up the front tires of the skid steer at idle. So I’m calling it good. Thank you very much. 3329BDB0-16DB-4522-B514-3CBD76ED3EF9.thumb.jpeg.821fa79a4631bfd6ce7c1b8d5866c461.jpeg

How would a guy check to make sure a cylinder was not bypassing? My idea that I was going to do (before reading here about the plug) was to put the loader up in the air, then support the weight of it with the skid steer,  while unhooking the hoses as if you were going to dismount the loader, and then letting the skidsteer down, and seeing if the tractor loader stayed up on its own.

Raise loader part way. When you let lever neutral. Loader will start to drop then slow as pressure builds on otherside of cylinder. Easy to spot when you know what to look for.

Glad it was simpler.

when running the brush hog, or just driving around, the loader never settles. It will stay 4 feet off the ground all day.  We’ve never had a cylinder fail internally. I’ve only had them leak where it’s visible on the outside.