Square body sale Nebraska

dale560

Being a Chevy guy. I have always liked this body style. I remember the first 81 style I had seen parked in a small town driveway way back when. I would love to have a 80 Chevy and a 87 just to have them. I would complete the collection with a 87 Buick Regal then  I could die a happy man.

FFBFFBA0-34C4-4226-A611-5BCE0DD407EA.png

• Like 3

Interesting to see the rise in popularity of this body style. I've been driving my 81 Sierra Classic since 1986. Its smooth, comfortable and reliable. Really all I need. 

GMC at NW24.jpg

• Like 5

...the era of nice looking trucks....without   doubt...That Dodge looks the best of them all...   (note    @acem   :)...)

...todays trucks look ucking fugly.....the manufacturers   would see the changing body style as progress...i imagine....sort of like a chrome shop on wheels....but those pictured are quintessential  American.....:wub:

Mike

• Like 1

I had a 76 almost identical but all blue. Was one of the last projects dad and i put together. I blew up the engine coming home from work and that set the ball rolling. Im not a brand guy...i like models from all makers but have had a soft spot for gm trucks through the years. Great lines and ive always felt gm was the easiest to work on....seems like gm had more interchangeable parts through different models too?

• Like 1

Dads friend had a brand new K20 in 87’, red, 350, really sharp truck. Trying  to show off, drove it into a pond when it was 1 month old,  finally sucked water when the tailgate was just going under. They drained it out and he drove it for another 10-12 years, but it was never right after that. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

My '76 Blazer will always be one of my favorite vehicles owned. Lotta good memories

499781427_76Blazer.jpg.c5528ed5c9d51af33a279a2194d49cfb.jpg

Still have this '80 K20 Suburban, 350, 4sp

1295973954_80subfront.jpg.96fc494f70fe32b36ce7a7cde6cfdb61.jpg

And this '82 K30 366, 4sp dually

82460280_82K30.thumb.jpg.6508263fba46d41e75c558be08168254.jpg

• Like 3

7 hours ago, mike newman said:

...the era of nice looking trucks....without   doubt...That Dodge looks the best of them all...   (note    @acem   :)...)

...todays trucks look ucking fugly.....the manufacturers   would see the changing body style as progress...i imagine....sort of like a chrome shop on wheels....but those pictured are quintessential  American.....:wub:

Mike

Mike, today’s trucks are not only ugly on the outside.... look under the hood. Was a Ford man for 40 years but ‘ave been accumulating square bodies last couple years. Couple things I hate about Fords, but the most recent is 14hrs to change a heater core in a ‘97 F150... a ‘77 can be done in like 45minutes. I can’t believe today’s trucks even have any scrap value unless you took to a plastic recycling facility. People always complain what dealers cost, but there is too dang much junk in the way... under the hood or in the cab. Have to jack up the cab to work on the engine... boy, that’s handy. If it’s a rusty Ohio truck forget it. For years they’ve been putting oil pan bolts in the exhaust manifolds and the manifold bolts in the oil pan. And people are flocking to spend 80K on this junk that is a pile of rust in 10 years . 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've got one of every series from 67-07, yup I'm a bowtie guy

• Like 6

I have had a few square bodies. nice design, cheap to fix ( what a concept to be able to change a fuel pump in your driveway or on the side of the road )and no 6 foot high box sides 🤓

• Like 2

If the wind is just right and I can still hear them rusting in the distance.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Cattech said:

Someday... I will build myself a GMC "The Fall Guy" clone. It will be a normal truck though, not the mid-engined stunt truck they built for the show.

1019269175_Screenshot_20220625-102507_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.86713369259b3a24d39081e118699635.jpg

I remembered it as a step-side 

Do you feel a special connection with him now? 
“ive gotten burned over Sally Fields, blown up for Raquel Welch..”

• Haha 1

I've had a few. Last was an '87 C10. It had 387 on the clock when I sold it. engine was never touched 350 but rest was a bit like grampa's axe - 2 new heads, 6 new handles.

I've still got a '79 C60 and an '85 C70 which use the same basic cab and doors but the floors are flat.

13 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

I remembered it as a step-side 

Do you feel a special connection with him now? 
“ive gotten burned over Sally Fields, blown up for Raquel Welch..”

But when I wind up in the hay, it's only hay, hey hey.... yeah, I feel his plight.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, sandhiller said:

My '76 Blazer will always be one of my favorite vehicles owned. Lotta good memories

499781427_76Blazer.jpg.c5528ed5c9d51af33a279a2194d49cfb.jpg

Still have this '80 K20 Suburban, 350, 4sp

1295973954_80subfront.jpg.96fc494f70fe32b36ce7a7cde6cfdb61.jpg

And this '82 K30 366, 4sp dually

82460280_82K30.thumb.jpg.6508263fba46d41e75c558be08168254.jpg

I would think the suburban with a 4spd is a rare bird.  

My first car was an 86 C3500 with a 6.2 diesel with the pump turned up, 4 speed and 4.10 gears. It topped out at about 68 mph but if it could get traction that thing would pull like crazy. 

19 minutes ago, gearheadmb said:

My first car was an 86 C3500 with a 6.2 diesel with the pump turned up, 4 speed and 4.10 gears. It topped out at about 68 mph but if it could get traction that thing would pull like crazy. 

68! Wow! I got 70 out of my 6.5 with overdrive , thought it was coming through the hood

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

68! Wow! I got 70 out of my 6.5 with overdrive , thought it was coming through the hood

When my Dad bought his '93 K2500 6.5 TD with a 4L80 and 4.10 gears, I happened one day to come up behind him on the interstate in my '86 K20 with a hot 400 small block. I pulled right even with him when I was in the left lane and looked over at him and smiled and floored it at 60 mph, he punched it at the same time and stayed door to door with me until we hit 80, then he just pulled away and I got a good view of his taillights. His truck would bury the speedometer and the needle would quit moving and the tach needle would keep climbing. When the tach would hit the yellow zone, he would let off and the tach would drop for a while then the speedometer would start to fall. Those 6.5 turbo diesels are faster than you think.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, hobbyfarm said:

I would think the suburban with a 4spd is a rare bird.  

Back in the day, they were used as school buses out here and this was one of them.

Assume they were bought new and ordered that way. 

• Like 1