1066 conversion??

Jxochipili

Good day everyone, new member here, does anyone have a possible lead to the parts needed to convert a 1066 two wheel drive to a four wheel drive model.  Would even consider an entire tractor that has blown the engine or other major issue but has usable parts to convert our black stripe.  We certainly have the tools and general abilities to perform the work but finding the older parts is a non trivial challenge.

Any suggestions anyone?

Jeff

western Pennsylvania

• Like 1

Lorenzo,

Some interest but I have to say I am not in a position to invest 15K into a tractor that I only need parts for, ideally we are looking for the parts to do the conversion, secondarily is find a "blown up" one to salvage the parts from.  In the end we only want to end up with one running tractor.

Jeff

Ed Lehman is the guy that you should talk to in Willow Street pa . You will need a wet bolster, axle, transfer case and shaft along with the correct size tires to get the ratio correct with your rear tires and the axle ratio. I'm sure I'm missing something but the biggest thing you would need is 40+ acres to turn it around in 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Takn4aFool said:

http://www.jakessalesandservice.com/uploads/3/9/5/5/3955093/img-20180720-191424_orig.jpg

theres one thats been sitting on a lot in northern WI. north of Green Bay for over 10 years, only problem is that they want $30K for it

http://www.jakessalesandservice.com/new-branson-tractors--used-tractors--heavy-equipment.html

Nothing seems to ever leave that lot. I don't go by there very often but when I do it seems like I see the same tractors there.

12 hours ago, TractormanMike.mb said:

Nothing seems to ever leave that lot. I don't go by there very often but when I do it seems like I see the same tractors there.

We have a dealer like that stuff sets for years and that won’t come down on price. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jxochipili said:

well the truth is that the final outcome is one 1066, that is not to say that there is only one tractor on the farm. All of them however are "vintage".

I hear tell you can't have too many 66 series....ever....no really, ask Bill. 😁

8 hours ago, Dirt_Floor_Poor said:

The heirs are rarely disappointed about the amount of tractors at the estate sale. 

He ain’t wrong lol 

that’s gonna be my catch phrase 😎

• Haha 3

On 6/22/2022 at 9:18 PM, stronger800 said:

$25k I believe 

those axles are rare, and parts for them  are even harder to find right?3D3556D2-DCEB-400E-805C-F7DFB206750E.thumb.png.2138b1272bc1c54195617b5d0aae375d.png

That Tractor was a no sale at their summer auction today.