Tesla-fire

oleman

37 minutes ago, zleinenbach said:

Not to mention the Fire fighters trying to extricate people and having all the high voltage wires to worry about too

Imagine the electrical gremlins if they ever got it out…😱🤯

58 minutes ago, zleinenbach said:

Not to mention the Fire fighters trying to extricate people and having all the high voltage wires to worry about too

It's a completely isolated system so if a high voltage wire were cut and touched the car, nothing would happen because there's no path back to the battery. Plus they don't just run the wires willy nilly all over random places.

Notice in the video the cars in an impound or junk yard, front end is damaged,  front right tire is removed. It appears it didn't just spontaneously combust on the road while being driven.

32 minutes ago, brahamfireman said:

It's a completely isolated system so if a high voltage wire were cut and touched the car, nothing would happen because there's no path back to the battery. Plus they don't just run the wires willy nilly all over random places.

Notice in the video the cars in an impound or junk yard, front end is damaged,  front right tire is removed. It appears it didn't just spontaneously combust on the road while being driven.

When Chevrolet sent a volt vehicle down here to give our county training, they specifically said don’t cut XYZ places. Due to high voltage wires traveling there. Of course they will have them in conduit and protected the best they can.
I understand it’s supposed to be isolated. And probably is.

but just another thing to consider when chopping on a vehicle, and judging by your name, we both have experience in this and understand how stressful of a time it can be.

that is all

The unicorn farts they have stored inside the batteries carry 3x the methane levels compared to regular farts which makes for a more volatile situation.  How did they get in there you ask?  Unicorn farts are the only substance known to man that are completely green, thus making the batteries green and effective at the same time. No lithium, or other dirty dangerous things in there at all. Since unicorn farts are totally made up they have to be healthy for the environment like the rest of climate change. 😁

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 14

I have just finished conducting training on Li battery fires as they are becoming a huge problem state wide. In a NTSB study, 3 out of 4 Teslas involved in fire, reignited after a period of time. Vehicles have reignited 3 weeks after extinguishment. 
We are dealing with battery incidents much more frequently now and it will continue to increase. 

11 minutes ago, ChrisNY said:

I have just finished conducting training on Li battery fires as they are becoming a huge problem state wide. In a NTSB study, 3 out of 4 Teslas involved in fire, reignited after a period of time. Vehicles have reignited 3 weeks after extinguishment. 
We are dealing with battery incidents much more frequently now and it will continue to increase. 

Just had training on this 2 weeks ago, haven't dealt with it yet but just a matter of time. 

3 hours ago, CIHTECH said:

Just had training on this 2 weeks ago, haven't dealt with it yet but just a matter of time. 

I have a decent PowerPoint I put together on Li Battery incidents if anyone was interested in using it for training I can email.