SEM chip guard

vtfireman85

I have used 3M chip guard rocker coat before, but i am having a hard time finding it.hoping to do the bottom 8” on my 3/4 ton regular cab truck . Not sure how much it covers, comes in 16fl aerosol cans . Any experience with it i would love to hear. 
https://www.semproducts.com/product/heavy-texture-chip-guard/39793#product-details

If you are doing the bottom of the box also 4 coats all the way around I'm guessing 4 cans should do it. We used a special gun for applying it got it in quart jugs. 

1 hour ago, SASW6 said:

If you are doing the bottom of the box also 4 coats all the way around I'm guessing 4 cans should do it. We used a special gun for applying it got it in quart jugs. 

That’s what I have Used before, can’t seem to buy it anymore and i May or may not have the gun, but cant find it

SEM also makes a kit that is two part, add the hardener, shake, spray with their gun but I have also sprayed it through a primer gun. I lay it on multiple back to back coats until I match factory on which ever vehicle I’m doing. Paintable in 30 minutes. I have the part number a work if you need it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

May have to go through an auto paint supplier I know they changed the guns and jugs the guns were plastic and locked into the jug.

6 minutes ago, rrr4quality said:

SEM also makes a kit that is two part, add the hardener, shake, spray with their gun but I have also sprayed it through a primer gun. I lay it on multiple back to back coats until I match factory on which ever vehicle I’m doing. Paintable in 30 minutes. I have the part number a work if you need it.

Please! 

I had planned to apply over epoxy primer, is that a reasonable plan? 

By letting epoxy cure good do you mean long flash or let cure fully (days) and re scuff? 

I’ve sanded it after 24 hr, and it seemed completely cured. I have that course siphon tube gun pictured above too, for undercoating. Never thought of     trying chip guard through it (I’ve never applied chip guard….but I might now, thanks)