Better than video games?

KY2674

They’re destroying the earth and killing the polar bears, look at all those fossil fuels being utilized 😱… video games hurt no one. 

• Haha 6

I wanna play what they are playing. I like that game 👍🏼👍🏼 

That would lead to another game at my house for bringing more stuff home..... Wife chase me with a cast iron skillet while I try to outrun her game.....🤕. Those are dangers not mentioned in the cast iron thread that must be taken into account 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 12

1 hour ago, Sledgehammer said:

I wanna play what they are playing. I like that game 👍🏼👍🏼 

That would lead to another game at my house for bringing more stuff home..... Wife chase me with a cast iron skillet while I try to outrun her game.....🤕. Those are dangers not mentioned in the cast iron thread that must be taken into account 

That's why you tell her you're hauling it and storing it for the neighbor!

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, TN Hillbilly said:

That's why you tell her you're hauling it and storing it for the neighbor!

She knows better.....😊

Just remember to rotate your stock.  park them in different places, That way its hard for her to keep track of. lol.    

Ie. ( No babe I have had that for a bit )

• Haha 3

59 minutes ago, iowaboy1965 said:

Is it running yet?

No she is locked up. I  didn't believe them but I couldn't budge the crank either. They pulled the plugs and sprayed PB Blaster in. I've had this in a shed for 20 years so I asked the boys why the he!! didn't you do this 15 years ago? Ugh because we were 5 years old. 

• Haha 4

Never thought of using a scout to push start a 66 before ....good thinking 👍😂... will the TA handle it ??😳

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, snoshoe said:

Not pushing very hard. Chain is hardly bending.

Remember Gravity pulls upwards in the northern hemisphere 😁......down here our “pushing chains “ are reverse polarity ....they always tend to go downwards 😂

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, IHKIWI said:

Remember Gravity pulls upwards in the northern hemisphere 😁......down here our “pushing chains “ are reverse polarity ....they always tend to go downwards 😂

Is that the same way you run flat belt drives too?

6 hours ago, KY2674 said:

I couldn't budge the crank

You'll get the most leverage on the flywheel teeth with a bar if that's not what you're already doing. I've got a few moving that way that would slide the tires when pulled in high gear.

Good luck to the boys and to dad😁

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, New Englander said:

You'll get the most leverage on the flywheel teeth with a bar if that's not what you're already doing. I've got a few moving that way that would slide the tires when pulled in high gear.

Good luck to the boys and to dad😁

The sophisticated version is the Koo Bar Starter

http://www.kingofobsolete.ca/KING'S_BAR_STARTER_WEBPAGE.html

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Ian Beale said:

The sophisticated version is the Koo Bar Starter

http://www.kingofobsolete.ca/KING'S_BAR_STARTER_WEBPAGE.html

Nice! What a great idea!

If one were to lock/weld the drive to the armature one could rock the engine back and forth as it came loose although leaving the drive loose it could ratchet the engine around. Just getting them to move at all is the most important.

In the late seventy's I had a 64 Scout that had a Ford strait 6 in it. I replaced the clutch once and it was a Ford clutch also but International trany. No adapter was apparent to me back then. I really wish iI kept that Scout, It was a vehicle you just don't forget.

Scout.jpg

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, int 504 said:

I still have a 47 Jeep I  put a 6 cyl. Ford in. Off road only. Doing some updates on it now. Son learned to drive with it in woods hauling out 4 foot wood.

Must have needed lots of grease and a big shoe horn. 
i assume a flat head as OHV wouldn’t clear? 

200 6 out of mustang. Took a lot of modification to tinwork. Its been a reliable and extremely hard working unit since 76 or so. It bolts up to trans and clutch splines were the same. had to shorten input shaft. Everything else had to be fabbed or modified. Significantly lighter than the flat head 4. I wouldn't recommend for on road, a v6 or v8 would be easier.