Price of fuel in Dallas TX 19JUN22

oleman

Currently $4.69.9 for 87 octane at our local Quik Trip (QT) convenience station. It was $4.29.9 a little over 2 weeks ago. Effin’ theives. Pretty bad. Even worse though is wifey’s BMW needs that 93 octane, and, I use the 90 octane ethanol free in all my outdoor power equipment. They are going to break the backs of the American consumer. This, as it stands, is unsustainable.  

D75288F7-F4F1-4631-9790-81506B950183.jpeg

Well that is nothing. I fueled the Model T yesterday putting in $46.89 of ethanol free fuel priced at $5.919. Lets see that went into a car that sold new for around $300.00 in 1923. 

What I did find interesting was this information;

According to the Energy Information Administration, the price of gasoline in 1920s dollars steadily fell from 30 cents in 1920 per gallon to 21 cents per gallon in 1929. Adjusted for inflation to today's dollar, the price of gas in the 1920s fell from $2.87 per gallon to $2.41, but the fall was much less steady, hitting a high of $2.90 in 1922 and a low of $2.34 in 1927.

So while fuel is way more than I really wish to pay it may not be as bad as we think. Wonder what that $300.00 adjusted for inflation would buy you today? I am pretty sure not a car that would be running 100 years from now at any price.

• Like 1

The third week  it has been over 6. The one no name is 10 or 15 cents less than last week6.29 for 87, 6.49 for 89, 6.69 for 92, and diesel was 6.99.  Velaro has a diesel only island not configured for a big rig, but lots of 350 to 550 truck and a trailers more 6.75 or so and cash gas is 5 to 15 cents of the no name. 

Gas is $4.54 at the small town store near me. They ran out, along with another nearby store, last week.

Since gas is more expensive does that mean it's better than a year ago???

5 hours ago, Sledgehammer said:

That’s cheap.... $5.30 for a gallon of 87 octane here. 

Same here - about .50 cheaper across the river in MO.

4 hours ago, Rick G. said:

They are going to break the backs of the American consumer. This, as it stands, is unsustainable.  

I do believe that is the plan.

9 hours ago, iowaboy1965 said:

I do believe that is the plan.

consumer CC debt is the highest it has ever been obviously its not sustainable for the avg house hold to maintain going to work and supporting a family. Our economy is in the tank. Things will have to correct themselves its getting tough out here for all 

Early this morning at a small truck stop near Abilene, Tx. where my step daughter works the price of premium gas was $4.37. Diesel was $5.09.

2 hours ago, twostepn2001 said:

Early this morning at a small truck stop near Abilene, Tx. where my step daughter works the price of premium gas was $4.37. Diesel was $5.09.

I wonder what brought that on?  Thursday I went down to Ballinger, and EVERY station in town, EXCEPT the Phillips 66 station, was at least $4.60.9/ per gallon, and the Phillips 66 was $4.29.

I expected lines out to the highway from backed up customers waiting in line, OR plastic bags placed over the nozzles on the hoses, but all was well, with NO lines and NO bags.

1 hour ago, Art From Coleman said:

I wonder what brought that on?

l really don't know but she says they buy fuel from West-T-Go and it comes from the Holley terminal across the street from West-T-Go truck stop in Tye.

Around hear 87 is any where from 4.77 to 4.89 

20 hours ago, England806 said:

Diesel in the Uk is about £2 litre £9 gallon. Double what you guys pay!  
prices for pretty much everything keep going up. Someone is getting rich off the back of all this. 

.   price of this cheap feul..yep...same down under...wouldn't it be great to be buying feul   in America...right about now...

,,no wonder the blokes on here, discussing  the price of their cheap feul, are so happy.....:rolleyes:

...diesel  here is about double the price it was before the world wide left wing nut jobs   , started meddling with Joe Average's life..

....thats the way to advance mankind....

Mike