Guide to For Sale Ad Terminology

jeeper61

I like the "rare", often seen on eBay even if the item is as common as dirt, The "ran when parked" is another one that makes me laugh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Couple of the most mis-used words I have seen, and real meaning:

Heavy duty = what salvage yards are paying for scrap metal.

High performance = high cost to keep it running.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

“No lowball offers, I know what I got” — the wife said I have to sell it but I don’t want to so that’s why there’s an insane price on it 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I dont really even look at craigslist up here....2 out of 3 ads are posted by a moron.

Id say at least half the car/truck ads posted by owner dont have a title. Not to mention the used car debacle that is right now...everyone thinks their rusted out POS with 200k on it is worth ⅔ new price. Wifes 05 silverado with 177k goes for almost 15k up here depending on options.

I dont blame folks for trying to get every penny for their junk but lets try to be at least a little realistic...

I recently gave away a ¾ton 4x4 dodge less the engine and tranny to a kid i know locally and he was ecstatic...said he figured id want at least a little for it. I told him getting it out of my way is enough for me...i got what i wanted out of it. Gave him the title to it too!

• Like 2

Crap, i forgot my favorite CL ads....people trying to peddle amazon crap for more than its worth! 

This ad isnt too bad....but 5 grand?? Is this on point?

A local car dealer that went by the name weird Wally had bill boards around town . 
one was, 

“ I bought my work car from weird Walleys and now I am working on it”

1967 Ford mustang, “RUST FREE”

”Buy it and get the rust for free” 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, yellowrosefarm said:

My friend buys and sells a few cars every year and when people ask him if there is a warranty, he tells them. Yep, a tail light warranty. When the tail lights are out of sight, it's out of warranty.

Reminds me of the old 30-30 warranty. 30 feet or 30 seconds whichever comes first.

• Haha 1

Classic Kiwi Humour. Shame he's gone to the happy hunting ground. His sense of humour was unique