Stillwater river is angry

mader656

1 hour ago, Delta Dirt said:

I presumed all of the flood pictures shown were on the eastern side of the continental divide-----looking on maps of Red Lodge, etc, it appears that Red Lodge is near on top of the Continental Divide.

How much further West did the rain flush the snow pack off the mountains???.  Would not expect the Continental Divide split off the rainfall??

Can still see small snow cap on mountain in background on Mader's last picture of  of road to Emerald Lake campround.

DD

Red lodge is Reddot 

Absarokee is yellow dot

Columbus is blue

Black is reed point 

I'm 10 miles north of Columbus the Divide Is a long way away. 

The flood event went from the northern half the park to i90 and from the Divide 50 miles east of Red Lodge. The worst was from the yellowstone  drainage  In gardener east thru all the major rivers east to the plains 

I stated earlier it was 2 inches of rain brought out 2 inches of snow water equivalent. (Swe)

It was closer to 5 inch of rain and 6 of swe. Or a years worth of water here in about 36 hours. The Divide is a long ways off.  Most of the worst was east of the divide.

images (1).jpeg

...thats more like it , mader....I thought just two inches of rain for that colossal  damage ??....  yeah..five inches and snow melt  soon adds up to disaster...

Great place Montana....loved  seeing all the four  seasons on show.....spectacular vista's   The 'favourite '  Western  state...without doubt ....:)

Mike

1 hour ago, Delta Dirt said:

Thanks for the map Mader----

I would think there are some major course changes in streams and backroads out that way.

DD

At least one major change...

FB_IMG_1655606290671.jpg

Wow that’s a huge change. Wonder if there will be efforts put forth to divert it back to the old channel.  That’s definitely not the way I’d want to obtain riverfront property. 

2 minutes ago, poor farmer/logger said:

Wow that’s a huge change. Wonder if there will be efforts put forth to divert it back to the old channel.  That’s definitely not the way I’d want to obtain riverfront property. 

I don't know...i know it won't happen till fall due thst river moves fast.

• Like 1

.75 inches of rain forecast today. If could stay north of i90 that would be good. Stillwater is near floodstage already from high 90s yesterday. They don't need rain. North always needs rain.

Judging by the roads on that map the one place is cutoff and living on an island now and the other place is likely gone

• Like 1

2 more inches of rain today. This is my friends yard. Rivers have not yet come much.

20220619_172352.jpg

4 hours ago, Ian Beale said:

And on a bigger scale

Your “Western water problem” – and others

“Sorry, But No (Western Weather)”

https://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=246176

Much TRUTH in that article (although the mere mention of CNN might cause one to stop reading right there.

And, three guesses as to who, and where the 'people' are, and came from who built in the floodplain of these rivers, and ANY of the three would be correct as long as the states' names start with a "C", or an "O", or a "W".

Then, we get into this:

oover Dam was completed in 1936 and the snowfall and land area from which Lake Mead collects water has not increased by one square foot since, obviously, while the number of people who think they can just come out there and draw on an inexhaustible resource has skyrocketed.

"As I have said, rainfall and snowfall COULD return to 'normal', and it would NEVER make up for the increased usage by the new, and ever increasing population numbers".  But between the MEDIA, who know EVERYTHING, and the government, it WILL always be the fault of "man-made globull warming" (I do like how someone else has adopted that 'spelling', which represents the FACTS that the MEDIA have suceeded in passing off as 'truth'.

"Folks this is not "climate change", its people overwhelming a fixed resource.  No small part of those people are illegal immigrants and the spawn they dropped out after coming here too, so our policy of "open door anywhere, come and rape our land" is and has been for decades bringing ruin."

And ruin IS exactly what this Third and Fourth world trash is doing to the country. Look at the pictures of the public lands and ranches that they trash as they pass through, yet, someone on here said, a few days ago, that the numbers coming into California are having very little impact, and that the greatest numbers are coming into Texas (ONLY because the route from Central America and most of Mexico is the shortest distance to "welfare heaven", and these routes are undoubtedly planned and stocked by our 'friends' in the MEDIA, since these migrant caravans are always good for sob stories and photo 'journalism'.

Could it be that this flood of ILLEGALS into California is having "very little impact", because the major cities of California were already depraved cesspools?

19 hours ago, Ian Beale said:

And on a bigger scale

Your “Western water problem” – and others

“Sorry, But No (Western Weather)”

https://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=246176

Very interesting article.  I love the part about Hoover Dam being built in 1936 but the watershed area has not increased by 1 square inch.  To me that seems like pretty much common sense, but I'm sure the logic of that is lost on some.  I took a lot of economics classes in college, to me it sounds like a large part of the water problem in the SW is simple supply and demand.