RIP Bax

Lazy WP

Just heard Baxter Black passed away. He was a very entertaining person. I got to shake hands with him a number of times and he called Lisa about building a pair of chaps for him. 
He will truly be missed!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Always enjoyed him. Saw him live a couple of times. I have his first book . I think it’s called Get in the pickup. Referencing his cattle dog . I think another early one , Roper ,Rider and a heck of a windmill man. I could see myself in many of the subjects he wrote about. 

• Like 2

Fond memories.

His sense of humor, wit and personality.

Common sense everyday man.

Baxter you made me smile and laugh so many times.

Rest In Peace sir.

• Like 4

Out here in the East not much of his work was easily accessible. I definitely enjoyed what I did find of his. 

3 hours ago, 1256pickett said:

Out here in the East not much of his work was easily accessible. I definitely enjoyed what I did find of his. 

I think I have most of his books and a number of his old cassette tapes. 
Like was mentioned, a number of times he could have been talking about what I was doing. 

• Like 2

Heard him live at the National FFA convention in the late 90’s.  I have a number of his books also.  One of my favorites of his poems was the legend of the cow attack.  He will be missed.

• Like 1

I remember listening to him on our local radio station all the way back to the mid-1980s. Seemed like a guy that used a lot of common sense to solve a lot of problems....there's a lesson there for all of us to learn. And to be able to use humor to wrap it all up....just added to the total package. I remember reading a book of his poetry called "Croutons on a Cowpie", or something like that, many years ago. 

He offered more common sense than all 535 members of today's Congress could collectively.

Dr. Black, you will be sorely missed. RIP

• Like 1