Finished wheat

jimw

Got the crop in the other day . The ground was really powdery after disking. Hard to get footing with a full drill, need to get bigger tires. Finally used the 52. It did a good job but has quite a little blow by 

87CC81D4-FAA1-4E14-9539-9FAA044F3DF5.jpeg

AFCDD523-58C3-4898-9976-D9A099BFBAF4.jpeg

776ECBB1-CC9F-4237-8848-C316782A1972.jpeg

• Like 6

I saw a couple fields of wheat that were done this week also. Harvested, and baled with the bales stacked. 
Quite a difference in climates on here. 

• Like 1

Wheat, rye, tritacle, barley are all fall planted here.  What is the difference between wheat seeded in spring and what we used to call winter wheat?

JimW, is your small tractor an 06/56 standard or Wheatland with an adjustable front end?  If so do you know how it came to be an adjustable?  We have an 806 Wheatland that needs the fixed front end rebuilt & it might be much better & cheaper to go with an adjustable set up - and I’ll spread it out about 8” for needed stability.  Thanks in advance, Jonathan 

Yes , it is a 856. The front end is a factory adjustable one . I’ve only saw one other although some on here have said there more common than u think. It’s a good tractor 

We’re a few days away from starting wheat harvest here. One neighbor is trying to get rye cut and baled too. He said that it should have been done 2 weeks ago, but the rains are finally getting further apart. Same neighbor, son is our west on a harvest crew, said they left Texas for Oklahoma because of rain, got to Oklahoma and sitting again because of rain.

16 hours ago, jimw said:

. It did a good job but has quite a little blow by 

The 88’s do have some blowby, we overhauled our 5488 a few years ago, and it still has blowby.  I think it has something to do with the pistons?!