Just take a second

And enjoy the little things today. Many are stressed. Many suffer ailments.  We all have something that bothers us.  Just take a second and enjoy something, because someone else always has it worse. 

D9F89CA2-5E32-4EA4-8C5C-DA58E4579738.jpeg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 4

You know when i was in my 20s  30s I used to stop and look at the sky and the clouds and think how big the world was and how awesome and cool nature can be. I haven't done that in a long time that I can think of.....I would often converse with God during these times of reflection, thanking him for allowing me to live in the world he created. Probably haven't done that often enough lately either.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sledgehammer said:

And enjoy the little things today. Many are stressed. Many suffer ailments.  We all have something that bothers us.  Just take a second and enjoy something, because someone else always has it worse. 

D9F89CA2-5E32-4EA4-8C5C-DA58E4579738.jpeg

Hopefully that spider got fried from the electric fence and he is the one who has it worse. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, vtfireman85 said:

Hopefully that spider got fried from the electric fence and he is the one who has it worse. 

That fence will give you the meaning of “hot wire” which is a common term here for an electric fence. It’s stout. 

The tanker gig ended early today, so the thistle gig began. Even the mundane chores can be beautiful, if we choose to see it. 
Again, like Todd said, take the time to see the beauty. 79D07717-12AD-4DA3-9EF3-F19C7DA22DF5.thumb.jpeg.b11c63fa6c1b4fa29e6e06df52c9babe.jpegAll wild flowers as well as a couple that are deadly to critters, but they make for a pretty bouquet!

• Like 5

13 hours ago, iowaboy1965 said:

You know when i was in my 20s  30s I used to stop and look at the sky and the clouds and think how big the world was and how awesome and cool nature can be. I haven't done that in a long time that I can think of.....I would often converse with God during these times of reflection, thanking him for allowing me to live in the world he created. Probably haven't done that often enough lately either.

I often am amazed by the absolutely huge world all made up by tiny little atoms and yet I am here for a reason

• Like 5

Not going to lie.  I had to look at this last night and take my own advise. Worked a double shift. Got to work about 6:30am and got home about 11:35pm. I was a long stressful day and I had to take a second to look up at the night sky when I got home and thank God for his creation and letting me be in it. Put my mind in a better place.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

Not going to lie.  I had to look at this last night and take my own advise. Worked a double shift. Got to work about 6:30am and got home about 11:35pm. I was a long stressful day and I had to take a second to look up at the night sky when I got home and thank God for his creation and letting me be in it. Put my mind in a better place.

Try beer.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

Try beer.

Cant drink at work and needed sleep. Drinking a beer takes too much time for the possible gains in that situation. I gave away my last beer the weekend before to a visitor. It was from a 2 month old six pack but still good.

• Like 3

Just now, Sledgehammer said:

Cant drink at work and needed sleep. Drinking a beer takes too much time for the possible gains in that situation. I gave away my last beer the weekend before to a visitor. It was from a 2 month old six pack but still good.

I thought you had a long drive home from work?😂

25 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

I tell you, that it never fails. You try to something positive and the Devil will throw garbage at you in ways you can not imagine. That is why we all need people to help us stay accountable 

• Like 6

58 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

I thought you had a long drive home from work?😂

It’s about 35 minutes. Not going to mess with “road sodas”. 

• Like 3

Well said, Todd.  I have needed help from the creator to get through this spring.  He reminds me how wonderful this world is every time I head out to the field to tend the crops.20220609_202114.thumb.jpg.cf1e983e63d483f64f17e724b746ab1e.jpg

• Like 6

Definitely one of the biggest pluses of rural life and your connection with the environment 

• Like 6

Might have told this story here before but can’t remember for sure. My brother in law and sister were on vacation down in Machu Picchu a few years ago. They hiked up and stayed there for a couple days exploring. The first night they had met up with a couple from the states. Don’t remember where for sure but they chatted quite a bit. Came time to go to bed so off they each went their own way. About 12:30 in the morning the other couple came almost hollering for my brother in law and sister to get up and come out to see this it was so unreal. They stumbled out of their tent and looked around to see what all the fuss was about and didn’t see anything out of the ordinary. When they asked they said look up at the sky. Look at all the stars they’re so magnificent. Brother in law and sister kind of looked at each other with surprise and said what do you mean? this is nothing new or spectacular we see this all the time back home. This couple from the city was so amazed at what we just take for granted everyday. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, poor farmer/logger said:

Might have told this story here before but can’t remember for sure. My brother in law and sister were on vacation down in Machu Picchu a few years ago. They hiked up and stayed there for a couple days exploring. The first night they had met up with a couple from the states. Don’t remember where for sure but they chatted quite a bit. Came time to go to bed so off they each went their own way. About 12:30 in the morning the other couple came almost hollering for my brother in law and sister to get up and come out to see this it was so unreal. They stumbled out of their tent and looked around to see what all the fuss was about and didn’t see anything out of the ordinary. When they asked they said look up at the sky. Look at all the stars they’re so magnificent. Brother in law and sister kind of looked at each other with surprise and said what do you mean? this is nothing new or spectacular we see this all the time back home. This couple from the city was so amazed at what we just take for granted everyday. 

Yes, Ryan....have a very similar story whilst in Yellowstone National Park  in 1972....Nice young couple from Brooklyn  NY    just sat ...for hours whilst we yarned..just looking skyward.....I had to be told ...that they never  saw the night sky like that in New York...  This in 1972 !!!!

Mike

..poor picture of tthe night sky...there is a world "used'  observatory   in that area...

_71a1124-4096x2731  milky way.jpeg

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, mike newman said:

Yes, Ryan....have a very similar story whilst in Yellowstone National Park  in 1972....Nice young couple from Brooklyn  NY    just sat ...for hours whilst we yarned..just looking skyward.....I had to be told ...that they never  saw the night sky like that in New York...  This in 1972 !!!!

Mike

..poor picture of tthe night sky...there is a world "used'  observatory   in that area...

_71a1124-4096x2731  milky way.jpeg

Looks like a nice pic to me Mike. I do enjoy looking at the night sky too. Used to do it lots when I was younger waiting in the field for the grain truck to fill up. No cell phones then and not much else to look at so the sky was the entertainment lol. On a rare occasion we’d catch the northern lights or a good lightning show.  Still enjoy a good meteor shower or a northern lights display. Was quite a few this winter. 

9A50EA3F-2575-4E24-8EB5-1855B207F3DE.jpeg

4CA4193D-DDA8-488E-9FDC-B065FFFFD99F.jpeg

EAE309FF-F8DE-4C57-A042-7DA7D154BF21.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, poor farmer/logger said:

Buddy that works for the railway as an engineer quite often would get a cab home from the end of his run if there was no train on the schedule for him to bring back. The cab driver was amazed and couldn’t believe how dark it was by the time they were 1/2 mile outside of the Winnipeg city limits. Had no idea how people lived like us. At least he had a 2 hr drive taking buddy home and a 2hr drive back to the city to take it all in. What I find hard to believe is that there are middle aged people that have never left the city limits. Believe me, Winnipeg really isn’t big enough that you couldn’t reach the limits from anywhere in about 20 minutes 

• Like 1

On 6/9/2022 at 6:56 AM, iowaboy1965 said:

Probably haven't done that often enough lately either.

'MOST of us probably haven't done that enuf lately!!!

Mike 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, midnightman said:

Buddy that works for the railway as an engineer quite often would get a cab home from the end of his run if there was no train on the schedule for him to bring back. The cab driver was amazed and couldn’t believe how dark it was by the time they were 1/2 mile outside of the Winnipeg city limits. Had no idea how people lived like us. At least he had a 2 hr drive taking buddy home and a 2hr drive back to the city to take it all in. What I find hard to believe is that there are middle aged people that have never left the city limits. Believe me, Winnipeg really isn’t big enough that you couldn’t reach the limits from anywhere in about 20 minutes 

Crazy to think there’s people that isolate themselves within the city limits or just hop on a plane and fly from one city to another and have no idea what’s out there. I’d like to think Sk is a bit better in those regards but the way things are going I’m not so sure. There’s people here now even in small towns that don’t know where their food comes from. 

• Like 1