Gooseneck education.

On 6/15/2022 at 9:48 AM, vtfireman85 said:

@searcyfarms

i waved to you today but you seemed to have your hands full. 🤪

FD08D87C-70E8-4058-937D-A9CCA87B2842.jpeg

wait i think the ford is pushing the dodge its hard for me to drive backwards up in the air 

Do you think I have enough pickup for the trailer? Or is it illegal to pull a single tired trailer with a dually?

83264ADB-1F9D-404B-A365-829432B7CEB5.jpeg

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, midnightman said:

797D4BB2-3D16-477C-A12F-B5921938AC1A.thumb.jpeg.ed19c7981d4e068a14fd96a8433bd4c9.jpeg

If you can hook it together it’s probably fine. Lol

Looks like you bought a new trailer the year you got the truck paid off 😂

• Haha 3

Obviously, the correct answer is to buy multiple trailers so you can always hook up to the one that satisfies the needs of the most onlookers

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, ihrondiesel said:

Obviously, the correct answer is to buy multiple trailers so you can always hook up to the one that satisfies the needs of the most onlookers

I did that with my big truck. 😁

• Like 1

Not aiming this at anyone who is smart enough to be on the RPF cuz I know you all know "HOW TO WIN FRIENDS AND INFLUENCE PEOPLE"

So just a general PSA for the masses.

When you was little, did yo mama have to tie a pokechop round your neck to get your dog to play with you???

Well, you're all grown up now.

1133756002_trailerfriend.thumb.jpeg.a28b09673f03295a31534a07758c264e.jpeg

😉     😄

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, B.B. said:

There are times when I wish I had a lift.... 

I have a friend with one😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'll admit I didnt read every post. Fact is reading all the other states laws doesnt help me try to keep my state straight or comprehend any of it without reading the book for myself. 

Now to your question. Around here 10 years ago 90% of the trailers were 14k with 2 7k axles. We ran good heavy name brand tires and overloaded them daily with hay or equipment. Never an issue. We also are local with little chance of DOT anywhere around. Now we have almost all gone to tandem dual 20k trailers. My last trailer had 2 9k axles with 17.5" singles. I really liked it right up until I was hauling hay in wet fields. You'll get stuck in a hurry loaded. Skinny tires go straight to the bottom. Having said that I'm very happy with my newest elite 23+5 tandem dual trailer. The mega wide ramps are heavy to unfold (more springs folding) but I really like them. I can pin them up, or lay them down. The deck is nice and flat much like a pop up. The ramps are wide so very versatile. You never have to wonder if your on them straight backing equipment off, because it really doesn't matter. Your covered the width of the trailer. 

So, if theres even a doubt you'll be hauling 13k plus very far I'd spring for the bigger trailer the length you prefer. If your talking close haul around the farm to the field a few times a year my experience with 14k trailers has been great. The other benefits to bigger axles are better brakes, bearings, and heavier springs and hangers. So your buying alot more than just 4 tires and wheels IMO. For the record theres 17k plus on this load. 

20210715_171052.jpg

• Like 3

I wished my trailer was longer tonight .... Hauled a loaner pulling sled for our towns first pull in close to 30 years this Sunday. We had to remove my fold up ramps . Got home at 12:09 am 

IMG_20220622_001432141.jpg

• Like 2

18 hours ago, sandhiller said:

Not aiming this at anyone who is smart enough to be on the RPF cuz I know you all know "HOW TO WIN FRIENDS AND INFLUENCE PEOPLE"

So just a general PSA for the masses.

When you was little, did yo mama have to tie a pokechop round your neck to get your dog to play with you???

Well, you're all grown up now.

1133756002_trailerfriend.thumb.jpeg.a28b09673f03295a31534a07758c264e.jpeg

😉     😄

add a used tire changer to the list. you never knew you had so many friends.

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, 666trac said:

add a used tire changer to the list. you never knew you had so many friends.

I can see the direction this is headed. 

Heated and cooled fully tooled shop with beer fridge and bottomless bag of deer jerky. 😄

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, sandhiller said:

Heated and cooled fully tooled shop with beer fridge and bottomless bag of deer jerky. 😄

So you live out there right?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sandhiller said:

My shop is heated in the summer and cooled in the winter. Normally plenty of beer but the bag of jerky runs out pretty regular. 
I had a tire machine as well as a balancer on the river. Amazing how many tires I worked on being 10 miles from Nenzel population 11. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Lazy WP said:

My shop is heated in the summer and cooled in the winter. Normally plenty of beer but the bag of jerky runs out pretty regular. 
I had a tire machine as well as a balancer on the river. Amazing how many tires I worked on being 10 miles from Nenzel population 11. 

The good ol days down on the River Niobrara.

I found this vid of you working on tires😉

1655842878_23.gif.fad26ef187addc4e603a1f210f60824b.gif

• Haha 4

Gooseneck, back roads, and a old man wanting to stay over on his side was a lot flat tires. Besides have a complete set of spares, a tire machine was a good thing to have.  Even though it was from the era before tubeless tires. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, sandhiller said:

The good ol days down on the River Niobrara.

I found this vid of you working on tires😉

1655842878_23.gif.fad26ef187addc4e603a1f210f60824b.gif

Must be a surveillance video from Mto's shop!?!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Art From Coleman said:

Obviously, the NBA's presence in China has had some affect on the population.

https://www.nba.com/news/nba-and-china-growing-relationship

Reminds me of that movie where Tom Selleck was traded to a Chinese or was it Japanese baseball team. Funny damn movie😄

American freedoms (and excesses) were the envy of the working class people of the world.

Hmmmmmm.

46 minutes ago, searcyfarms said:

Yes i think he works barefoot 

🤷‍♂️

• 2 weeks later...

Just posting to see if my new signature line shows up  

Took a minute but  figured it out! :)

• Haha 1