Ford super duty order banks

vtfireman85

Everyone seems to have an opinion, all i can find is that the F150 order bank is going to open in July. I have been told anywhere from august to November and the consensus seems to be (on ford forums i have been lurking on) about 3 months from order date. If the dealerships know they are keeping mum on the subject. 
Anyone hear anything reliable on order availability? 

I can’t say I know for sure but I’ll relate my experience when I ordered mine three years ago. 
I ran into the salesman on his day off in mid July and asked if they were ordering yet he said no. I told him I wanted to order one and to let me know as soon as they opened it up. He had been trying to sell me a new one for last 8 years so he realized I wasn’t kidding. Come late August I got the call to come on into dealership. I don’t remember the exact date but it took me couple days to get up there. He apologized they had started taking orders a week or two earlier but forgot to call me. I’m guessing it actually opened up August 20 if my memory is right. Make sure it’s right when you place it. I tried to add something about 4-5 days later, salesman said no problem but ford took my order and bumped the build date back about 2 months. I didn’t get it until February. 

• Sad 2

ordered mine oct 1st got jan 21 back in 02/03, i think the days are going to be gone of lots and lots sitting full of vehicles for sale and go pick one or move one from one dealer to another, likely you will order what you want going fwd, wait and then there it will be when it gets there and hopefully they get it right. stockpiles of vehicles arent in our near future and there are literally thousands of vehicles sitting in my area in lots waiting on chips to be installed and features added I presume because as many as people talk about wanting and not able to get they wouldnt be sitting around unless someone is doing it on purpose to get more $$ out of them due to a perceived lack of them, wait that stuff never happens does it? 

The boss just received his new loaded GMC suv that he ordered new.  Missing some chips:  seat and mirror heaters, lane departure warning, etc. do not function.   His purchase agreement states that he has to purchase them when available.... not included in the purchase price!

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

My neighbor works for a Ford dealer who is a strong truck and commercial dealer in the area.  A few months ago, I specifically asked him what the lead time would be for a new F150 retail order.  He said, "Not bad" and that the factory was running about 12 weeks or so.  Since then, the dealership's formerly bare sales lot now has about a 1/2-dozen Ford Super Dutys there...and a few more Rams.  I suspect that the Fords are just waiting for accessories and dealer prep.

I figured that higher fuel costs, inflation pressures, and general angst of economic conditions have softened truck demand a bit, but I was wrong.  According to an Automotive News article published June 1, "F-series, up 6.9 percent" in May of '22.  The overall automotive market has softened quite fast in the past several months, however.

Bottom line:  I don't what to think about a lot of things anymore.

1 hour ago, EquipmentJunkie said:

My neighbor works for a Ford dealer who is a strong truck and commercial dealer in the area.  A few months ago, I specifically asked him what the lead time would be for a new F150 retail order.  He said, "Not bad" and that the factory was running about 12 weeks or so.  Since then, the dealership's formerly bare sales lot now has about a 1/2-dozen Ford Super Dutys there...and a few more Rams.  I suspect that the Fords are just waiting for accessories and dealer prep.

I figured that higher fuel costs, inflation pressures, and general angst of economic conditions have softened truck demand a bit, but I was wrong.  According to an Automotive News article published June 1, "F-series, up 6.9 percent" in May of '22.  The overall automotive market has softened quite fast in the past several months, however.

Bottom line:  I don't what to think about a lot of things anymore.

When i called she (the sales lady I've been dealing with) said they had closed the ordering of 22’ earlier that week. What i do not know is if the order banks are a narrow window or if they just don't open all at the same time. 

I am guessing that it varies from plant to plant.  Super Duty trucks are made in Louisville while F150s are made in both Dearborn, MI or Kansas City, MO.

Powertrain and cab configuration may affect ordering, as well.  Back when I ordered one of the first '94 Ram 2500s, orders for diesels were not allowed in the system until early-October of '93 despite Job 1 beginning in late-July.  I took delivery of my truck the last business day of '93.

On 6/8/2022 at 12:54 PM, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

The boss just received his new loaded GMC suv that he ordered new.  Missing some chips:  seat and mirror heaters, lane departure warning, etc. do not function.   His purchase agreement states that he has to purchase them when available.... not included in the purchase price!

What a ridiculous situation. What I wonder about is just how much disassembly of these new vehicles is going to be required to get to the location of and install these missing parts? I’d be pissed if I bought a brand new 40 to 50 thousand dollar (if not more) SUV with missing parts that’s going to take only God knows how long to obtain, and then you have to take it in for them to tear apart stuff to put parts in. Just an invitation to create missing parts, mis-reinstalled parts, broken parts, loose parts / missing fasteners, stripped fasteners,  rattles and squeaks, etc. etc. for parts that should have been factory installed to begin with. Who wants that done to their brand new vehicle at the dealer? It’s a bunch of horse sh_t.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ihfan4life said:

Before the bull crap economy….

Agree, still longer than average wait. The average has just lengthened. 

1 minute ago, Sledgehammer said:

Agree, still longer than average wait. The average has just lengthened. 

Indeed, never before in my knowledge have we not been able to order however. 

2 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

Indeed, never before in my knowledge have we not been able to order however. 

We were in local ford dealer lot doing sewer and water repair. The manager told us superduty are not able to be ordered maybe until November and 150s were shutdown a couple weeks ago for maybe a month.

• Sad 1

On 6/8/2022 at 1:54 PM, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

His purchase agreement states that he has to purchase them when available.... not included in the purchase price!

Gee... I hope the engine and rear axle are included...

3 minutes ago, mjcolemn said:

Ordered my F350 last summer around the 1st of September and it came in November 1st, I thought that was actually pretty good. Nothing crazy, crew cab 7.3 XLT w/ 4.30 axle. 

Mine will be an XL SXT? Package. CCLB 7.3. Who did you go through? 

4 hours ago, mjcolemn said:

My BIL went there, seemed good. I planned on going to JC Stewart.... Not sure if it's true but I was told higher volume dealers get order priority??

Possibly, Stewart's sold out , I think to Claremont. Make syrup in the truck garage now. 

• 4 months later...

Order banks open Thursday, i cant get to Stockbridge until Friday, sales lady said to give her the basics and she would get it in then que, then i can make changes or additions Friday. It’s irritating that i cant build one on the ford site , 😬 here we go

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

Order banks open Thursday, i cant get to Stockbridge until Friday, sales lady said to give her the basics and she would get it in then que, then i can make changes or additions Friday. It’s irritating that i cant build one on the ford site , 😬 here we go

Congrats 

With the 2.30 a gallon difference your making a good move 

IMG_1703.jpg

Just now, jeeper61 said:

Congrats 

With the 2.30 a gallon difference your making a good move 

IMG_1703.jpg

Honestly, you almost couldn’t give me a diesel. 

As usual, the touted technology upgrades are far more of a turnoff to me than a turn on, the 2kw inverter however i am excited about. Bed steps i am not. 
i was able to order an xl with manual windows and locks for 22’ i hope i can for 23’ as well. What a vile disgusting display of candy azz BS features designed to remove all thought from a driving experience. Keep your cameras, i will backup my own trailer, thanks. 

• Like 1