2022 red power

ihman1468

I had a room booked at the Springfield red roof inn in January.  Get a call in May,  oh we cancelled your room.  W**!  I see their charging over $200 a night now.  Finally found a room in Dayton.  

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, redturbo said:

I had a room booked at the Springfield red roof inn in January.  Get a call in May,  oh we cancelled your room.  W**!  I see their charging over $200 a night now.  Finally found a room in Dayton.  

I had a room booked way back in  October  at the country inn and suites by radison  and now my mother in law is coming with us for her ex husband’s memorial service in MN. We checked to see if we could get another room at the same place and were able to book 2 at a lower rate than last fall haven’t canceled my original room yet need to do that soon 

Won't be able to bring anything, but would like to get there one day. Just been a screwed up spring this year with the weather. Have beans to put out yet, corn to sidedress, second cutting of hay will be ready the week of the Roundup and I don't know how close the wheat will be coming by then.

• Like 2

We will be there Thursday morning until Saturday afternoon. We are bringing my Sons 1066, 382, IH cart and my Wifes Farmall 340. I retired from my flying job to be here and also to get my life back. See you there.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

If I finish spraying and side dress nitrogen on the corn,  the plan is to drive out after work on Thursday.   Enjoy Friday and Saturday.   Back home on Sunday. 

I'm pullin' for you Aaron. I can't make it so hoping you get there and take lots of pics!

We’ll be there Wednesday afternoon with 2 Goldies & the Gold Jubillee “57” pickup. (Hope it doesn’t rain on the way there). 😎😎

• Like 3

Well nuts going back to last year and earlier this year, I was planning on coming up from TX, but now not going. Airline tix are too dam high, and rental cars unavailable or too dam high if you can even find one, and gas too dam high. 

Hope show is great and everybody have fun. Last I heard my now ex 1976 Black Stripe 1466 is supposed to be there. It now resides north of Cincinnati, OH, so not too far from the RPRU.

Can someone get some pics of it for me at the RPRU? Here is one of my pics of it while I owned it up in SE MI. One identifier would be the Thomure Mfg. chrome stack, (unless it got switched back to a muffler for some reason) and of course serial tag under the belly 30313. Also had new Firestone tires front and rear. Miss it dearly. 

25AC76E3-17D1-4E09-A1DC-AED9B84498FC.jpeg

• Like 8

25 minutes ago, Rick G. said:

Well nuts going back to last year and earlier this year, I was planning on coming up from TX, but now not going. Airline tix are too dam high, and rental cars unavailable or too dam high if you can even find one, and gas too dam high. 

Hope show is great and everybody have fun. Last I heard my now ex 1976 Black Stripe 1466 is supposed to be there. It now resides north of Cincinnati, OH, so not too far from the RPRU.

Can someone get some pics of it for me at the RPRU? Here is one of my pics of it while I owned it up in SE MI. One identifier would be the Thomure Mfg. chrome stack, (unless it got switched back to a muffler for some reason) and of course serial tag under the belly 30313. Also had new Firestone tires front and rear. Miss it dearly. 

That is a beautiful 14!!😊.  Where were you located in s.e. mich?. Sure would have liked to make the show but going to Arizona for grand son's 1'st birthday.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mrfred54 said:

That is a beautiful 14!!😊.  Where were you located in s.e. mich?. Sure would have liked to make the show but going to Arizona for grand son's 1'st birthday.

Well I used to live in Ottawa Lake, Michigan, 30 miles south of Ann Arbor, Michigan. But moved to Texas in 2013. I can’t believe it’s been that long already. 

I sure do miss farming and miss my tractors and equipment but what ya gonna do? A friend down here in Texas very generously invited me to bring my 1466 and two 1456’s down here with me to keep at his place, but the hauling costs from Michigan for three full size tractors would have been high, and then, what would I have done with them anyway? Go visit them and look at them in the shed once or twice a year? Nuts.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Rick G. said:

If I see it I'll take some photos of it.  

Most of the land your family owned has been parceled up and sold for homes like most of Ottawa Lake.  Around Whiteford high school it's really bad. 

• Like 1

There's a room available as of now at the Holiday Inn Dayton/Fairborn. I'm not happy about it, but maybe one of you could snag it up.

headed down on wed. Don't know if I'll bring 1 or 2 OZ tractors. New truck finally came ,no time to get the G N hitch in and flatbed installed. Bumper hitch trailer time,bummer it is.

• Like 2

On 6/10/2022 at 5:30 AM, Rick G. said:

See what I can do. BK

1 hour ago, Rusty_Farmer said:

headed down on wed. Don't know if I'll bring 1 or 2 OZ tractors. New truck finally came ,no time to get the G N hitch in and flatbed installed. Bumper hitch trailer time,bummer it is.

I'm sure RD could drive the second one down there 😜.... I believe she can speak the language 😆 .....although keeping the tank full of "Fosters"  could be somewhat of a challenge in Northen parts 🤔

Enjoy the show👍

10 hours ago, IHKIWI said:

I'm sure RD could drive the second one down there 😜.... I believe she can speak the language 😆 .....although keeping the tank full of "Fosters"  could be somewhat of a challenge in Northen parts 🤔

Enjoy the show👍

I'll be there... someone has to haul the kitchen for making pies... the boys have the tractor job. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1