“Food” for thought...

Hey sledge, I was at meltwich last week and mom didnt want anything so I got an impossible burger, tasted ok, but there is a difference in flavor, the calory count is not that different so I don't see the need, people say its healthy and you'll live longer, my old man lived to 86 after years of beef, I'm 75 after the same diet, really don't see a need for plant based.

I agree @Dasnake  the old saying of “you could deep fry a dog turd and get it to taste ok” comes to mind. Alter anything enough and you can make it edible. Same people pushing this are the ones who want everything free range and organic and to me those things just don’t go together. 

Nothing against organic farming or free range animals. If you can make good money at it then I’m all for your success. 

• Like 2

On the plant based meat.  I don't think it is better for you in any way.  Last I looked at the nutritional info was awhile ago though.  It is just an alternative for those who think eating real meat in inhumane.  My 2 cents.

• Like 3

I'm OK with plnt based protein but not meat substitutes. 

Beans, peas, etc are great.

Fake meat is bad.

If you don't want to eat meat there are already good alternatives. 

IMHO YMMV 

• Like 4

Aren't free range animals also known as wild game?

• Like 4

The salt content is about double the amount you would want on a beef patty. And some ingredient that you cannot pronounce the name of most veggy patties. 

Yes, bacon.

Snake whats "meltwich"? 

Id try about anything once...that said i just haven't been inclined to pay to try one of these plant burgers.

Here's the real question. Bugs? Bug based meats? Whos in? For some reason crickets or grass hoppers seem ok...no **** roaches. 

Id like to watch all these fools pushing this chit eat it. 

Man the food up here sucks... so thankful i found a wife that likes to cook. 

I doubt ill make it to the lower 48 anytime soon...but if i do im sure to gain 10-15 lbs.

Melted sandwiches qualify as a food group in my book! 

• Like 1

There’s a lot of bioengineered ingredients in the “plant based” meat.  You can’t make plants look and taste like meat, without bioengineering.  The word bioengineering doesn’t sound healthy to me, like beef does! 

5 hours ago, Sledgehammer said:

Nothing against organic farming or free range animals. If you can make good money at it then I’m all for your success. 

the only way organic milk can make people pay more for it, is to convince them that there was something wrong with my conventionally produced milk. And there was nothing wrong with my milk. So, No.

• Like 4