Custom sheet metal? Don’t recognize this semi.

Mudfly

This semi was parked down the street.  It’s attached to a moving van.

nice looking truck, but not sure what it is.  I’m assuming a Pete or KW, but I suspect there is a lot of custom parts.

anyone know what this is?

B8F8096B-3955-4B37-811D-34D40230A442.thumb.jpeg.ab57978948fe56a2df406db3b458c315.jpeg26DD00CC-A2CC-4493-8D81-37A19479A601.thumb.jpeg.7eb891ccc7b641f25cab959b8735d36f.jpeg

I’m thinking Kenworth by the slope of the hood (W900) but the hood is aftermarket.  The other thing that tells me it’s a W900 Kenworth is the chrome covers on the front of the air cleaners.  Peterbilts have the air pipes going straight in from the filters, while Kenworths have the pipes going forward with a short 90 on them to direct the airflow under the hood. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, ihrondiesel said:

I’m thinking Kenworth by the slope of the hood (W900) but the hood is aftermarket.  The other thing that tells me it’s a W900 Kenworth is the chrome covers on the front of the air cleaners.  Peterbilts have the air pipes going straight in from the filters, while Kenworths have the pipes going forward with a short 90 on them to direct the airflow under the hood. 

I figured it was a custom hood.  Not sure I would want to drive it at night.  Not sure the 2 lights on here would provide much on the road.  Maybe I'm wrong.

Is the point of the sunshade to sit as low as possible with a very tall stick? I don't quite understand. Is there some advantage to sitting like that or just a cool look?

1 hour ago, New Englander said:

Is the point of the sunshade to sit as low as possible with a very tall stick? I don't quite understand. Is there some advantage to sitting like that or just a cool look?

I sit as low as possible. Years ago, probably late 60s, I heard of a guy who lost a leg because his seat cut the blood flow in his leg. Probably a myth but it stuck in my head. Rarely do I put any air in the seat. 
A Freightliner Columbia doesn’t look as cool when you are sitting on the floor, but you have to go with what you have 

1 hour ago, New Englander said:

My personal opinion is that some people think that it is cool.

Myself, I find that to be quite uncomfortable to try to drive that way.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lazy WP said:

I sit as low as possible. Years ago, probably late 60s, I heard of a guy who lost a leg because his seat cut the blood flow in his leg. Probably a myth but it stuck in my head. Rarely do I put any air in the seat. 
A Freightliner Columbia doesn’t look as cool when you are sitting on the floor, but you have to go with what you have 

I think I may have posted this before....but I think it's funny and thought of it when I read the comments about letting the air out and sitting on the floor.  😀

IMG_2429.PNG

• Haha 6

19 minutes ago, IH Forever said:

I think I may have posted this before....but I think it's funny and thought of it when I read the comments about letting the air out and sitting on the floor.  😀

IMG_2429.PNG

Have you seen the video of that? It is hilarious 

Definitely a kenworth w900 as the starting point. It’s got a lot of modifications, from the hood to the toolboxes/skirts, to a custom made sleeper. To pay someone to build a new truck equivalent to that would likely cost $350k plus!

19 minutes ago, Lazy WP said:

No, I haven't seen a video.  This picture was texted to me from an older guy who used to have a semi and haul hogs when my Dad was still trucking.  

5 hours ago, 1586 Jeff said:

My personal opinion is that some people think that it is cool.

Myself, I find that to be quite uncomfortable to try to drive that way.

Sort of like ape-hanger handle bars then.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Lazy WP said:

I have never seen it either. 

And since I was just sittin here eatin dinner, thought I would look it up. 

Can't never do just one thing at a time anyways.

Eatin fingers on one hand, typin fingers on the other. 😄

https://cdllife.com/2022/video-breaks-down-how-truckers-would-act-if-they-had-office-jobs/

8 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

I have never seen it either. 

And since I was just sittin here eatin dinner, thought I would look it up. 

Can't never do just one thing at a time anyways.

Eatin fingers on one hand, typin fingers on the other. 😄

https://cdllife.com/2022/video-breaks-down-how-truckers-would-act-if-they-had-office-jobs/

Yep that one! I couldn’t find it. Thanks 

22 hours ago, brewcrew said:

Definitely a kenworth w900 as the starting point. It’s got a lot of modifications, from the hood to the toolboxes/skirts, to a custom made sleeper. To pay someone to build a new truck equivalent to that would likely cost $350k plus!

Not much more than a factory model then 🤯

23 hours ago, Lazy WP said:

You can’t be on Vt roads then. You’d need a new butt every 100,000 miles or less😱🥸🤕

13 minutes ago, Ihfan4life said:

You can’t be on Vt roads then. You’d need a new butt every 100,000 miles or less😱🥸🤕

I have air ride suspension front and rear. Air ride cab and bunk and I don’t like to bounce. You can have too much air stuff at times. 
I have never been to Vermont, but Michigan and Oklahoma have to rank up there for terrible ruff roads and I am pretty sure I have had all 20 tires off the highway at one time in South Dakota. 😡

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I guess I like a Pete to look like a Pete, a Kenny to look like a Kenny.  I think it's a morphodite. I always had my air ride seat in my old IH triaxle up high, where I could see.  Never understood lowered trucks either, my bumper was more than 3' from the ground.