Experience with Kioti sub compacts?

I am not going to do anything right away, but am interested n people’s thoughts on Kioti sub compacts, been looking at the Kubota BX series but wonder what the cost difference might be, wonder about parts availability, performance vs more mainstream brands and durability. 
I would likely want a loader, but dont need it. But want cat 1 3 point , an easily detachable belly mower and snowblower. 
open to thoughts and suggestions. It’s going to be a big lawnmower/running 3 point tiller and clearing the tight spots in the winter. 

Never been around the subcompact, but have run my brothers Kioti and personally, I would rather run it over his mx115

• Haha 2

Local well respected lawn and garden repair shop is a dealer for them.  They must have 40 units on their lot.  I don't think they would sell them if they didn't believe in them.  They sell Stihl, Honda, Walker, Scag, etc.  

We have a kioti Dk35se hst with cab. It’s a great little tractor. It’s a little bigger then the bx series and almost classed as a tractor lol.  We bought it used about 10 years ago now. Tractor itself has been mostly trouble free. We had issues with the steering cylinder from day one. Something had gotten inside the cylinder and scored the bore up in one spot so it was bypassing. Kioti was going to warrantee it to begin with as it only had 150 hours or something like that then they came up with some bogus excuse that it wasn’t bought through a dealer so they were backing out. Kind of soured our taste for the company itself.  There’s not much for dealer support either it seems. Least around here. Their parts manuals suck too. It’s hard to find things. Given the opportunity I wouldn’t change anything though. It’s treated us good after my brother made a new cylinder tube for it and machined the piston to accept more common seals. (Couldn’t even buy the seals from kioti)   Given the option if I was buying new and prices were within 500-1000$ of John Deere or Kubota I would likely go with one of them instead of kioti but that’s more of a personal choice over that cylinder incident then anything. If you have a great dealer that stocks parts and is able to fix issues if they happen to arise I wouldn’t be afraid of the kioti. 

• Thanks 1

Similar deal do you have Rural King around you?

One of my co workers just bought a Kubota, not sure of the model #, but his is about 25hp. He runs a tiller and a mower deck, said that in heavy ground the tiller really works the tractor. His loader is rated at 600 lbs, and I think they were being generous. I think he paid $28,000 brand new.

Outfit I logged for, untill 2017, brought two side by side Kioti  things... this for the Canadian owners  to travel around in, looking important , whilst checking on the peasants   working for them....

They were garbage....(the Kioti's )...nothing  more...The replacement Kubota's were light years ahead...and the price difference reflected very unfavourably on the Kioti

Mike

...the Canadian's were ok..good blokes...just way out of their depth with the vagaries of logging Radiata Pine in New Zealand....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, poor farmer/logger said:

We have a kioti Dk35se hst with cab. It’s a great little tractor. It’s a little bigger then the bx series and almost classed as a tractor lol.  We bought it used about 10 years ago now. Tractor itself has been mostly trouble free. We had issues with the steering cylinder from day one. Something had gotten inside the cylinder and scored the bore up in one spot so it was bypassing. Kioti was going to warrantee it to begin with as it only had 150 hours or something like that then they came up with some bogus excuse that it wasn’t bought through a dealer so they were backing out. Kind of soured our taste for the company itself.  There’s not much for dealer support either it seems. Least around here. Their parts manuals suck too. It’s hard to find things. Given the opportunity I wouldn’t change anything though. It’s treated us good after my brother made a new cylinder tube for it and machined the piston to accept more common seals. (Couldn’t even buy the seals from kioti)   Given the option if I was buying new and prices were within 500-1000$ of John Deere or Kubota I would likely go with one of them instead of kioti but that’s more of a personal choice over that cylinder incident then anything. If you have a great dealer that stocks parts and is able to fix issues if they happen to arise I wouldn’t be afraid of the kioti. 

Our dealer is closer by than the Kubota, but i was worried about the parts situation. They seem like a more mainstream choice than say a mahindra, which I know are a parts nightmare, but less so than the big names. 
we have a Kubota L3800 so this is really a stretch trying to justify. Either way in the next couple years i plan to replace my mower and want this the last one i need. 

I know nothing about the Kioti or Kubota tractors but have a welder with 4 cylinder Kubota with over 13,000 hrs and its still going strong.

• Like 1

I did a lot of research before we bought our branson 2515h.. we love it so far. I looked into kioti and tym as well but branson had the closest dealer. 2k rating on the loader and a cat1 3pt of course. The tractor with the loader is right around 4k total weight.

I know ur looking at kioti and i have researched them enough to say i wouldnt hesitate to buy one...but consider branson. There is a place in Ohio(i think) that has a branson package going. Tractor loader brush hog box blade and a trailer for under 30k..

My poor neighbor...spent over 50k for a kabota rated less than my branson. We have all the same impliments but his are land pride...mine are braber and my brush hog is a pulsar. He bought the tractor thinking a large part of our property was his...til i had a survey done. Boy was he sorry...i told him so. Now his 50 thousand dollar tractor is a mower for his 50x 60 yard and a snow blower for his 50ft driveway.. 

• Sad 1

One of our landlords has a Kioti. It’s just an overgrown lawnmower. He has had good luck with it. There used to be a goof ball that set up a tractor dealership about ten miles from here selling Kioti and Belarus, of all things. I can confirm that the Kioti tractors turned out better than most of the Belarus tractors that he sold. That dealer is gone and I don’t know where the closest one would be anymore, but do still see new ones showing up occasionally. 

20220605_223354.thumb.jpg.c07e3abe04a3cd84c4ec5dba085b547b.jpgu know u want one...no belly mower tho..20220605_223316.thumb.jpg.fe3c7bd28d175f7d87f53f20e9bd68c9.jpg

When we bought this one they were selling for around 18k in the lower...not gonna mention the Alaska price we paid...lol

I looked at JD1025R and Kubota BX2370 5 years ago. Green was 4K more for the same machine as Orange. What sold me was the Kubota was all Kubota made. JD is all somebody’s else’s parts bolted together. Have had 0 trouble in 550 hours of mowing and loader work. Mine came with the loader and I thought I wouldn’t hardly ever use it. Boy I was wrong. Once you have it you will never be without one. JD just scared me because I don’t trade every few years. If they changed vendors I was afraid of parts support 

4 hours ago, Twolines said:

20220605_223354.thumb.jpg.c07e3abe04a3cd84c4ec5dba085b547b.jpgu know u want one...no belly mower tho..20220605_223316.thumb.jpg.fe3c7bd28d175f7d87f53f20e9bd68c9.jpg

Got that base covered.. 

6F05386C-2E0D-43F5-9CCA-5C7BD8ECD99A.jpeg

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, DaveinSD said:

One of my co workers just bought a Kubota, not sure of the model #, but his is about 25hp. He runs a tiller and a mower deck, said that in heavy ground the tiller really works the tractor. His loader is rated at 600 lbs, and I think they were being generous. I think he paid $28,000 brand new.

Wow, I just bought a new NH workmaster 40 hydro 4x4 loader, rear tires loaded, block heater, mid pto for under $25k. I couldn't come close with used ones and very few have a mid pto. I run a 5' tiller with it and no matter what I do, I can't put the engine to work.  My wife has wanted one for years so she and the kids can take care of the yard without bugging me. 

1 hour ago, smfarms said:

What sold me was the Kubota was all Kubota made.

That is best point I have seen so far and they own Landpride that makes their implements 

15 minutes ago, JaredT said:

My wife has wanted one for years so she and the kids can take care of the yard without bugging me. 

Mine develops quite the diesel habit when shes on school vacation. I get lots of sticky notes to “fill the tractor” 

• Haha 4

About 15 years ago my sister worked for a farm that had a mid sized Kioti. One of the first in this area. I worked on it a couple of times and remember having to wait about a month for parts even back then. The castings were very rough and the fit and finish pretty poor. I would hope that has improved by now.  I have a mid 80's Kubota B5200 that is still easy to get parts for. I just recently got the handle for the throttle lever and the rubber boot for the shifter.  And, there are 3 Kubota dealers within 30 miles.  Closest Kioti is 50 miles.  My personal take on all these off brand tractors is that they are great, until they aren't. Most will do the job they are bought for, but if you get the one that has problems, you have a PROBLEM.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

To me it comes down to this, Kubota is still supporting my 1980’s entry level 19 hp tractor with parts, including a new bucket for the loader.

Good luck

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nomorejohndeere said:

Get a zero to mow with

Never cared for them. When i was in high school I worked for an outfit that had 2 mowing crews, they had a Toro Zmaster, a Scag turf tiger, a Scag tiger cub, and a JD 375 tractor mower with foot pedal controls. Hands down over all of them the JD was a better machine, it wasn’t as fast, but it was a much nicer more comfortable machine to run, held hills better and I think it cut nicer. I have lots of side hill on my lawn and want 4wd . Zeros are terrific on side hill until the second they aren’t, which is usually when you turn. 

This is my little Kubota that I mow with. Smaller than the others being discussed but does what I need it to do. Dad bought it new in 1986, still runs like a champ and Kubota still has parts.

47A7325E-FA33-43AC-8382-1E659F7906F7.jpeg

• Like 4