Buddy's 140A won't remotes won't lift?

10 hours ago, 756puller said:

With these forign tractors anything can happen 

Ironically enough it's NOT a foreign tractor. It's a Ford 7710 with a different engine.

The Farmall "100A" series is about as close to a "simple old fashioned tractor" as you're going to get, while meeting modern safety and emissions rules.

120 hours, tractor must still be under warranty. What does the dealer say?

The valves are mechanical. Do the cables move them? Do the cables move the valves enough? Have you disconnected the cables and tried to move the levers manually?

The ports look bent down. Are the hoses even plugged in?

Will try to get a look at the remotes and take my gauge, levers move the cable and valves, not sure if they're moving enough.

This is the second time for the same problem, think it's out of warranty now?

If it was mine I would be on the phone with the dealer, first thing Monday morning..

4 hours ago, Michigan No Till said:

This is the second time for the same problem, think it's out of warranty now?

Warranties only work that way on Harbor Freight power tools. One and done. 

You're actually 2/3 of the way to a "lemon law" claim as long as the warranty hasn't expired on time.

How'd they fix it the first time?

9 hours ago, Michigan No Till said:

Not sure never seen the repair order, and the owner doesn't know what was done!

Problem could be something simple as a flow control on off at the remotes?

The owner can call the dealer and get the repair order. It seems like the logical course of action to me, rather than guessing.

Couldn't hurt to try turning up the flow control, but it would be a pretty poor flow control setup if it allowed you to turn it completely off. It should go from really really slow to fast.

Lemon laws don’t really work anymore, at least not in Michigan. When you buy a new car, 2 of the forms you have to sign are a waiver of the lemon law and a waiver of the buyers remorse law that used to give you the right to bring a new car back within 7 days and get your money back. If you don’t sign, you don’t get the car.

21 hours ago, Straanger said:

Lemon laws don’t really work anymore, at least not in Michigan. When you buy a new car, 2 of the forms you have to sign are a waiver of the lemon law and a waiver of the buyers remorse law that used to give you the right to bring a new car back within 7 days and get your money back. If you don’t sign, you don’t get the car.

First off I was only using "lemon law" figuratively. 

Second off, that can't be legal. The only reason they get away with it is because someone with deep pockets and "principles" hasn't been stung by it yet and brought lawyers to bear. If it ever got into a court of law, such documents would certainly be struck down as illegal.