Seat accumulator question.

So, the 856 I just brought home and the 756 both have hydraulic seats. That's the good news, the bad is that the accumulators in both machines are flat. Every attempt I've made to charge the pressure has failed. What's the trick to get some bounce in my seats? I have a special air-nozzle designed tor filling small tires but that isn't even getting the job done.

Last summer Kal and I were discussing this as he had charged the one in his 1456. Sadly, we don't have him to bounce these questions off of anymore.

Takes a special IH tool, I made one long time back. Now also have an IH one. Dry nitrogen charge on those. Does your dealer have one?

I have asked a few guys if they had that special tool and have come up with nothing , I need to look in my special tool books from back in the day and see if I can tell how they made it . There are a lot of you guys that need those filled with nitrogen and I could do it if I had the tool .

‘Danny

• Thanks 1

The tool I made is simply just a Schrader valve, 1/8 NPT. Took valve core out and made a pin that Schrader valve acts on to open Schrader valve in accumulator. I also had to make a little adapter for conversion of the threads from 1/8 NPT to 1/2 NF. Been used many times. 

KIMG0202.JPG

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DirtBoyz07 said:

I have asked a few guys if they had that special tool and have come up with nothing , I need to look in my special tool books from back in the day and see if I can tell how they made it . There are a lot of you guys that need those filled with nitrogen and I could do it if I had the tool .

‘Danny

Keep us updated. If you come up with one I'll ship them up to you. It would be great to have some cushion in the ride!

I managed to latch onto that tool many years ago when the old dealership closed.  No one else really knew what it was.  It's in a drawer out @ the farm shop now.

On 6/6/2022 at 6:15 AM, DirtBoyz07 said:

‘Danny

Danny:  

Here is a picture of a 5P2963 adapter from a Cat Tool Guide that may be what is needed.  Maybe someone at a Cat dealer can look in the Tool Room?  hint hint…  

The large thread (1/2-20) agrees with what @CIHTECH said, and an unverified Google result says 0.302” x 32 is the external threads on a valve stem.

Brian

image.thumb.jpg.8eb5641872ad51eec6ce2b6f0cdc19dc.jpg

• Like 1

Let me ask at our Cat dealer , I have some inside connection 👍😎

Danny

• Like 3