1486 Super Charge line

I've seen kits to eliminate the super charge line. What was/is the reason to eliminate the super charge line? What problem occurs? My 1486 has weak and slow hydraulics from the remotes, is that by chance a reason for removing?

I think I put what you are talking about on my 2+2. It is from hy capacity. I don't know what it really does. It worked for years no problems but now have no hydraulics. Parked the anteater in the shed and haven't had time to fix it. Got a 240 and 255 so the 3588 is needed like it used to. I want to get it going because could use it off and on.

21 hours ago, TB5288 said:

I've seen kits to eliminate the super charge line. What was/is the reason to eliminate the super charge line? What problem occurs? My 1486 has weak and slow hydraulics from the remotes, is that by chance a reason for removing?

They added the supercharge line when they increased the size of the mcv pump. It directs unused hitch pump flow to charge mcv pump to reduce flow through filter. There is no valid reason to remove it that I am aware of.

To quote the forum member Pete23: "The supercharge line should be hooked up but some are removed do reduce intermittent loss of fluid to mcv pump when using rear pump. This was kind of a modification IH did not want you to use if you have cold weather as you are drawing about 24 gals per minute through the filter all the time doing it that way. With supercharge line you only draw that much when rear pump is being used for aux valves or hitch. Of course, if you happened to have the pfc, closed center system you don't use a super charge line at all as the rear pump is destroked when not in use."

My 1086 has the supercharge line removed, simply because the previous owner was having issues with a leak in the t/a and fluid loss from the hitch pump. I fixed the causes of all the problems but I left the supercharge line disconnected, tractor operates fine however I am mindful in cold weather to let the tractor warm up well before giving it heaps.  Brett

1 hour ago, 1086blast said:

To quote the forum member Pete23: "The supercharge line should be hooked up but some are removed do reduce intermittent loss of fluid to mcv pump when using rear pump. This was kind of a modification IH did not want you to use if you have cold weather as you are drawing about 24 gals per minute through the filter all the time doing it that way. With supercharge line you only draw that much when rear pump is being used for aux valves or hitch. Of course, if you happened to have the pfc, closed center system you don't use a super charge line at all as the rear pump is destroked when not in use."

The PFC pump would maintain stand-by pressure