bear in the house taylor county wis

pt756

i am sure by now you all have heard of the bear that crashed thru the house window and attacked the couple there  after they hollered at her to get away from the bird feeder, was on bob and tom show this morning, pretty close to us, medford wis taylor county wis.

Bob & Tom, did they air animal conspiracy bit from years ago? I haven't listened to that show since our local rock station switched over to Free beer & Hot wings.

4 hours ago, KWRB said:

I'd prefer spiders

I will take the bear. They are harder to miss when hiding in the night to get you. And there are unlikely to be more than 1 hiding anyway. 

I recently had a close call  with a black bear who was a little too over confident. A word of advice, if you are going to tangle with an ugly bear, use something larger than .380. 

• Haha 1

Black and brown bears can get pretty big. Largest record was about 1100 pounds. .380, 9MM, 10MM and larger are not adequate for a possibly angry bear that's maybe 500-600 pounds. Gotta remember you have to put the bear down BEFORE it gets to you. Been more than one person found dead and a couple of hundred yards away a dead bear that only died after killing the human.

Rick  

We had reports for years,10yrs back when cops spooked our cow from local fair, both were reported in the paper 4-5x /wk

now with so many cameras ,of late been 3 in elite cidiotville,and neighbor caught cubs on camera door cam saturdaY.

9 hours ago, oldtanker said:

Black and brown bears can get pretty big. Largest record was about 1100 pounds. .380, 9MM, 10MM and larger are not adequate for a possibly angry bear that's maybe 500-600 pounds. Gotta remember you have to put the bear down BEFORE it gets to you. Been more than one person found dead and a couple of hundred yards away a dead bear that only died after killing the human.

Rick  

Just remember, while the bear is charging at you, no one needs powerful weapons or high capacity magazines. 

• Haha 1