Spring has made it to the North Woods

jeeper61

Made it up to my place in Maine 400 mile trip one way 

Had to suck up the Diesel price I needed to bring up a mower deck and didn't have time to make a deck for the back of the gas truck

The Duramax got 17 MPG I thought was pretty good lots of aero drag on this truck with the off-road bumper and Flat bed 

Here some photos 

Last time I was here 1st week of March we were ice fishing and had to winch past a couple deep spots in the snow 

on the Ice.jpg

Chained Up.jpg

Arm Pit Diesel was $6.40 gallon in Maine I found some for $5.99

Arm pit price.jpg

I found this tow behind deck last fall for $400 got it running works well 

I had been cutting the hill with a push mower it was tough since I only make it up once a month and it would be too tall for the push mower I would have to hack it down with a walk behind line trimmer 1st took several hours now I am done in 30 minutes 

Mower loaded.jpg

Mower unloded.jpg

mowing.jpg

Mowed.jpg

• Like 11

1 hour ago, poor farmer/logger said:

Looks like a beautiful spot spring or winter.

I just try to stay away in mud season its tough on the road its rough enough with out all the ruts

Its tough to grade the last mile has a lot of rock hops  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jeeper61 said:

I just try to stay away in mud season its tough on the road its rough enough with out all the ruts

Its tough to grade the last mile has a lot of rock hops  

Not telling anyone what to do but if it were me...........

I'd padlock the gate so I couldn't leave, 

That looks like the perfect place to hole up, shut out the world, and ride out the storm!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, poor farmer/logger said:

Looks like a beautiful spot spring or winter. Must admit I’m kind of missing winter so it’s nice to see some snow pics lol. 

Right there with ya

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jeeper61 said:

Made it up to my place in Maine 400 mile trip one way 

Had to suck up the Diesel price I needed to bring up a mower deck and didn't have time to make a deck for the back of the gas truck

The Duramax got 17 MPG I thought was pretty good lots of aero drag on this truck with the off-road bumper and Flat bed 

Here some photos 

Last time I was here 1st week of March we were ice fishing and had to winch past a couple deep spots in the snow 

on the Ice.jpg

Chained Up.jpg

Arm Pit Diesel was $6.40 gallon in Maine I found some for $5.99

Arm pit price.jpg

I found this tow behind deck last fall for $400 got it running works well 

I had been cutting the hill with a push mower it was tough since I only make it up once a month and it would be too tall for the push mower I would have to hack it down with a walk behind line trimmer 1st took several hours now I am done in 30 minutes 

Mower loaded.jpg

Mower unloded.jpg

mowing.jpg

Mowed.jpg

I thought about one of those tow behinds for part of our field I mow thinking it would be nice to off set it and do about 8’ at a time with the mower out front of it. What lake is that in Maine  I have a friend that just bought some land in Lincoln to be able to go up with his ATV’s and put a camper then eventually a cabin on 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, forwhldrv said:

I thought about one of those tow behinds for part of our field I mow thinking it would be nice to off set it and do about 8’ at a time with the mower out front of it. What lake is that in Maine  I have a friend that just bought some land in Lincoln to be able to go up with his ATV’s and put a camper then eventually a cabin on 

I am on Long Lake in Wesley 20 miles west of Lubec not much between me and Moosehorn National Wildlife Refuge 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, nomorejohndeere said:

Is "missing winter" the same as "sumbitch"

It’s not all bad no mosquitoes, no ticks and slightly more free time to go play just have to keep moving so you don’t freeze in place lol.