Jump to content

IH 756


Wes806
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, axial_al said:

Gonna say 1968.

agree

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes looks like 1968

Link to comment
Share on other sites

At least it is under roof and tires aren't completely flat.  Hopefully it doesnt take too much beyond gas and carb to get it going.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He said the starter was acting up. He said it has only sat about a year since he used it to bush hog.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well I went and done it. I bought it. I got the starter back on tonight it started and ran for a few seconds getting gas to carb. Going to clean carb and it should be up and running. Will be able to drive it home under its own power. Will get some pics of it on here after I get her home. Hopefully it's easier on gas then the 706 I had.

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Wes806 said:

Well I went and done it. I bought it. I got the starter back on tonight it started and ran for a few seconds getting gas to carb. Going to clean carb and it should be up and running. Will be able to drive it home under its own power. Will get some pics of it on here after I get her home. Hopefully it's easier on gas then the 706 I had.

Doubt it will be easier on gas, same basic motor and tractor, just newer and slightly better shifting.

But congrats on the new tractor,  regardless of their downfalls  new red tractors are always a good thing.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Wes806 said:

Well I went and done it. I bought it. I got the starter back on tonight it started and ran for a few seconds getting gas to carb. Going to clean carb and it should be up and running. Will be able to drive it home under its own power. Will get some pics of it on here after I get her home. Hopefully it's easier on gas then the 706 I had.

Congrats!  Looking forward to some pics out of the barn and cleaned up 👍🏼👍🏼

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It would be nice if we had a serial no. list for these things. I've contemplated doing this. Not sure how much work it would be. Any of you guys that track serial nos. give me some insight?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, DT Fan said:

It would be nice if we had a serial no. list for these things. I've contemplated doing this. Not sure how much work it would be. Any of you guys that track serial nos. give me some insight?

It takes a little effort, not terrible, it just depends how deep you go to seek them out! I usually grab serial numbers off websites, auction bills, auction websites, the good fellows here, and for sale listings on Craigslist or marketplace if they list them.  I’ve had ok success reaching out to people for the serial number with for sale tractors.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, DT Fan said:

It would be nice if we had a serial no. list for these things. I've contemplated doing this. Not sure how much work it would be. Any of you guys that track serial nos. give me some insight?

I thought someone was doing the 56 series? I know i sent my 856 custom # to somebody.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, brahamfireman said:

I thought someone was doing the 56 series? I know i sent my 856 custom # to somebody.

I haven't reviewed the whole thread, SuperA was tracking 856 numbers. His profile shows he hasn't been on here in a year and a half or so. Don't remember anyone tracking 756.

 

13 hours ago, Farmall1066 said:

It takes a little effort, not terrible, it just depends how deep you go to seek them out! I usually grab serial numbers off websites, auction bills, auction websites, the good fellows here, and for sale listings on Craigslist or marketplace if they list them.  I’ve had ok success reaching out to people for the serial number with for sale tractors.

How do keep track, some sort of spread-sheet? Since there was only about 1/4 as many 756 as 1066, probably not that hard to keep up?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DT Fan said:

I haven't reviewed the whole thread, SuperA was tracking 856 numbers. His profile shows he hasn't been on here in a year and a half or so. Don't remember anyone tracking 756.

 

How do keep track, some sort of spread-sheet? Since there was only about 1/4 as many 756 as 1066, probably not that hard to keep up?

I scanned thru the same topic I think your referring to and I didn't see anyone doing all the 56 series nor the 756 in particular. Tho I could have missed something it appears  As you say super a was doing 856 and hasn't been on in a while. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, DT Fan said:

I haven't reviewed the whole thread, SuperA was tracking 856 numbers. His profile shows he hasn't been on here in a year and a half or so. Don't remember anyone tracking 756.

 

How do keep track, some sort of spread-sheet? Since there was only about 1/4 as many 756 as 1066, probably not that hard to keep up?

Yes, spreadsheet, and just keep adding numbers between numbers, I’m pretty vague on descriptions, I shouldn’t be, but I just get the general items listed

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got the 756 home today. Cleaned the carb and it fired right up. Went thru and serviced it have to jump start it battery is shot going to run it some before getting a battery. Going to take it out tomorrow and do some bushhogging.  Will get some pics of it out there for y'all. All the lights work and even the park lever is working good on it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Haven't cleaned it up. But did take it out and Bushhog for alittle over 4 hours. Done better on gas then what I thought it would. Got a small video of it running but darn phone won't let me upload it.

IMG_20220612_131148.jpg

IMG_20220612_130916.jpg

IMG_20220612_105518.jpg

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...