Headaches

A little more often now but I usually attribute to too much coffee those days

• Like 1

In the last year or so when staying at the gf house I was getting headaches at night.  I couldn't sleep and would get up and take a hot steamy shower and it would really help but not fo away with it like a sinus headache.

One day I was in the shower when she came in and I was filling the soap container.

She asked why I was filling the shampoo bottle with shower cleaner.....

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Ihfan4life said:

How often are you guys getting headaches? I’m getting them daily now. Sometimes several times a day.

I suspect it’s because I don’t drink enough water… 

More water could help and allergies are bad right now too

• Like 1

If you are waking up with them, it could be a sleep issue such as sleep apnea.

Once I started using a CPAP machine and started getting at least seven hours of sleep, my morning headaches stopped.I

Proper water makes a big difference also. Do you drink much soda pop?

You stress a lot, and we know you aren’t getting much sleep as you are up super early.drink more water. If you don’t like straight water get yourself a soda stream and make it seltzer water.  Those bottles travel well. It’s easy to drink too much coffee. Particularly in your line of work. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CC_Ranger said:

If you are waking up with them, it could be a sleep issue such as sleep apnea.

Once I started using a CPAP machine and started getting at least seven hours of sleep, my morning headaches stopped.I

Proper water makes a big difference also. Do you drink much soda pop?

Yup- wake up with headaches lately…

I have been avoiding the soda but I will have 1 or 2 a week. Hardly any beer. 

What made you suspect that you had sleep apnea?

Stress can certainly cause headaches and other health issues.  Hopefully you can find a way to decompress.  I would recommend seeing a doctor who can at least check vitals etc.

• Like 1

I have been getting more headaches but I think it’s because of staring at screens all day for work.  Dr recommended bi-focals, but I just take my glasses off more frequently and that helps some.  I’m not old enough to need bi-focals, my youngest is only 4, so I can’t be old yet, right?  🤣

35 minutes ago, ky966boy said:

My wife gets headaches when she forgets to take her blood pressure medicine.

Sid gets his BP up just arguing with people who aren’t even present to argue with.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Mudfly said:

I have been getting more headaches but I think it’s because of staring at screens all day for work.  Dr recommended bi-focals, but I just take my glasses off more frequently and that helps some.  I’m not old enough to need bi-focals, my youngest is only 4, so I can’t be old yet, right?  🤣

Dr told me in my 30’s I needed them. I’m well past that and still don’t have them, although taking off the glasses trick doesn’t seem to work like it did…

Do you wear sunglasses? What kind? I can see bacteria, so I can’t speak for eyesight issues, but safety sunglasses or cheap sunglasses give me a whopping headache within a short time. The distortion drives me crazy. 
lots of good shades out there. For me, if i look at an object partly through the lens and partly not and it looks closer on one side I can’t wear that pair of glasses. 
i wear Smith but others make good glasses. Check out Sun Cloud if you want decent optic quality without breaking the bank. 
personally brown lenses are my go to, others seem gloomy. 
when it comes to good sun glasses its not all smoke and mirrors, and you get what you pay for. Especially for your line of work, I would think them worth the investment. 

Been battling them for 30 years. They have been getting more often and more severe the last few years. Had MRI's done. Sleep study and CPAP. Allergy study. I take Ubrevly or narotriptan when needed. If they get to bad I am throwing up and get nasty thoughts about life and end up on a pain IV at the hospital.  5 or 6 times last year. We may be getting to the bottom of it but can do nothing about it. Barometric changes. I woke up 3:00 am this morning with a headache. By 4:00 am our phone weather alerts were going off from a tornado warning. My wife has been keeping track and that is what it's starting to look like. No idea how to deal with that.

I sympathize with anyone who gets them. It makes life tough.

• Sad 2

6 hours ago, cedar farm said:

Been battling them for 30 years. They have been getting more often and more severe the last few years. Had MRI's done. Sleep study and CPAP. Allergy study. I take Ubrevly or narotriptan when needed. If they get to bad I am throwing up and get nasty thoughts about life and end up on a pain IV at the hospital.  5 or 6 times last year. We may be getting to the bottom of it but can do nothing about it. Barometric changes. I woke up 3:00 am this morning with a headache. By 4:00 am our phone weather alerts were going off from a tornado warning. My wife has been keeping track and that is what it's starting to look like. No idea how to deal with that.

I sympathize with anyone who gets them. It makes life tough.

Ooh man, you have my sympathy for sure.

7 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

Do you wear sunglasses? What kind? I can see bacteria, so I can’t speak for eyesight issues, but safety sunglasses or cheap sunglasses give me a whopping headache within a short time. The distortion drives me crazy. 
lots of good shades out there. For me, if i look at an object partly through the lens and partly not and it looks closer on one side I can’t wear that pair of glasses. 
i wear Smith but others make good glasses. Check out Sun Cloud if you want decent optic quality without breaking the bank. 
personally brown lenses are my go to, others seem gloomy. 
when it comes to good sun glasses its not all smoke and mirrors, and you get what you pay for. Especially for your line of work, I would think them worth the investment. 

I have a prescription pair I keep in the poodle. If I know I’m going to ride the bike I’ll grab them for that, otherwise they stay in the truck. 
Idk what specific brand they are but they’ll wrap around  to help shade the peripheral vision 

54 minutes ago, Ihfan4life said:

I have a prescription pair I keep in the poodle. If I know I’m going to ride the bike I’ll grab them for that, otherwise they stay in the truck. 
Idk what specific brand they are but they’ll wrap around  to help shade the peripheral vision 

My mom gets them wicked if her glasses are out of adjustment. She has to be looking through the center of the lens. 

• Like 1

My son gets headaches and we narrowed it down to lack of water.  Especially happened alot while he was in school and he didn't have access to water....he now carries a water jug with him.

• Like 1

Have them everyday. Have you been to chiropractor? Spinal alignment big cause, dehydration or vision issues. I’ve never drank coffee so that’s not my issue, mostly just stress.