86 electrical outlet troubleshooting

Trying to hook up a jd 566 round baler to my 1086 and I don’t have any power to my plug on the back of my tractor. I’ve never needed it before this so I’ve never even looked at it. Hoping someone can point me in the right direction 

That plug more than likely has 3 wires going to it 

Right and left turn signals and or flashers and the ground.   

I don't think they were wired with constant hot or key switch hot.

You will have to add it.   If you have an owners manual it will tell you what each prong does 

• Like 2

What are you using on your baler that you need a live power feed? most of them balers have their own wire harness from the monitor anyway

It’s a new to us baler and I’ve never had a monitor before, the harness for the monitor had a plug on it for the back of the tractor. It does have 3 wires to it but no power to them with just the key on. 

I had to add the wire for tail lights and the baler I have is the only thing on the place with tail lights. It does have it's own harness to run the functions of the bailer. I just ran the wire up and tied in with the power feed to the right side tail light on the tractor.

The plug will need a power wire ran too the pin you need on the plug. By the magnum series they had power there as a lot of the planters need power from that plug.

I've had to add the live power wire to the plug to run our 14/1682 combines. I just run a wire to one battery and put an alligator clip on it. Only need it a few weeks of the year

I've always wired any monitors thru the fused power block under the steering console so much easier and safer

2 hours ago, ksfarmdude said:

I've always wired any monitors thru the fused power block under the steering console so much easier and safer

The controller box for marker arms and folding on the 900 horizontal rear fold planter came thru the harness that used the seven pin outlet on back as well as the warning lights.