Uvalde Texas

In this TX case, I found one report that said the shooter wrecked his car in front of the school and then ran inside. Someone called 911 and police were dispatched. A border patrol officer who was working in the neighborhood heard the call, ran in the school and shot the perp who was behind a barricade. Also getting shot in the process, but was able to walk out on his own. All the headlines should read "border patrol agent saves many from being killed in TX school shooting."

• Like 4

Seems to be a lot of information left out of every news story I’ve read. Apparently the shooter murdered his grandmother and then fled and wrecked his car near the school. Was he planning to go to the school?  How did he enter the school? Were police in pursuit of him when he wrecked? 

6 hours ago, 5288IH said:

At the moment is Australia we just have the bikie gangs, rat bag muslims just shooting each other up. Guns are not always the answer, was putting up bars in windows of my office after indigenious people broke into my office twice in 2 weeks (have been caught), now youth officer wants me to tell offenders how they caused my business inconvenience, I suggested  to put me in a locked room with them with a baseball bat ( since my stroke tolerance for stupid human beings has diminished).

When I finished putting bars on window 8pm was going to my ute, 2 indigenous people yelling to a couple with their daughter calling them cocksuckers get out of Dubbo. They (couple) were walking  to wards me I asked them if their car was nearby I told them to get in their car. I slipped jimmy bar behind me then they concentrated their abuse to me brandished my jimmy bar and they told me they confused me with somebody else, I told them that I was not confused about them dirty lying black ******** and chased them with the jimmy bar, would have loved to heard that jimmy bar hitting their black coconut heads

A ute? Is that a youth in New York?

I'm curious how he got into the school, the ones I've been to in the last couple years were locked tight, doors only open when someone buzzes you in. 

No matter how much a sane person plans, a crazy one will find a way around it to do someone harm.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, catman13 said:

to stop these shootings, take the dam gun free signs down and put up all teacher are armed signs, every shooting takes place in gun free zones

I don’t think this will work at all given the people I know who are teachers and their ability to handle a weapon, or make the decision to use it. 

but I will grant that something needs to happen.  We can do it this way with armed guards posted  and staff and and look at the results after 5 years and see if we are satisfied with the results.  If it works then I will be the first to say I was wrong about the idea.   Will try anything to stop these shootings even if I don’t agree with the direction.  Have to do Something though.  thoughts and prayers and hoping they stop  are obviously not cutting it.

16 minutes ago, cjf711 said:

don’t think this will work at all given the people I know who are teachers and their ability to handle a weapon, or make the decision to use it. 

Maybe not all teachers but there will enough teachers and/or staff capable and willing to train to respond with deadly force to make a difference.

Gun free zones is the one common denominator in the places these sick cowards target.

All these misdirected  individuals who will use this to call for stricter gun control, I challenge you to make your intentions known and put a sign up in your yard.

"There are no guns in this house"

• Like 3

Just now, sandhiller said:

Maybe not all teachers but there will enough teachers and/or staff capable and willing to train to respond with deadly force to make a difference.

Gun free zones is the one common denominator in the places these sick cowards target.

All these misdirected  individuals who will use this to call for stricter gun control, I challenge you to make your intentions known and put a sign up in your yard.

"There are no guns in this house"

Disagree.   It seems other places in the world do just fine with stricter gun controls?  But like I said,  I disagree with the whole premise of putting more guns out there as a way to combat the problem.  But, if we can all agree something needs to happen, then lets go that way then look at the results of that decision in a few years and see if we made the right choice.   If im wrong and these shootings stop because of more weapons,  then Im more than happy to admit i was wrong.  

The time for yard signs and talking is over,  time to DO something that actually matters.

Well, after seeing a few more reports, it seems the shooter was here illegally, and is transgender. Wow! No wonder the news isn't reporting all that bs! I cannot believe he wasn't some sort of supremist lol! Very sad indeed! Lets fix the illegal alien problem, and the mental derangements! Disarming legal citizens does nothing!

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, cjf711 said:

Disagree.   It seems other places in the world do just fine with stricter gun controls?  But like I said,  I disagree with the whole premise of putting more guns out there as a way to combat the problem.  But, if we can all agree something needs to happen, then lets go that way then look at the results of that decision in a few years and see if we made the right choice.   If im wrong and these shootings stop because of more weapons,  then Im more than happy to admit i was wrong.  

The time for yard signs and talking is over,  time to DO something that actually matters.

The solution is not more or less guns, the solution is finding these people before they commit the crime. People get all tuned up about making guns illegal and less accessible, regardless of whether or not the gun was legally obtained (which I doubt) the crime was illegal. If it wasn't a gun, it would have been a bomb, if it wasn't a bomb it would have been poison or who knows what. 
if a mouse keeps getting into your Oreo cookies, you can keep replacing the Oreo cookies or you can deal with the mouse and solve the problem for good.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, cjf711 said:

Ok, yard sign comment was tongue in cheek. Done.

Stricter gun control laws make it harder for the law abiding citizen to own firearms. The criminal can and will use illegal channels. There are enough laws on the books now. Another damn law won't affect him.

It troubles me to even think about the need to arm people in schools.

My reasoning is if a criminal thinks there may be a gun pointed at him when he breaks in a door, he may think twice about entering and move on to an easier target. Gun free zones are like putting out a welcome mat. 

I don't think like a criminal so that is just theory on my part.

I believe we both agree passionately that something needs to be done to end the senseless violence even if we don't agree on what that something is.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

Perhaps something more ambiguous? 

61D49364-6F95-41C2-836B-BA52D88490B8.jpeg

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

Stricter gun control laws make it harder for the law abiding citizen to own firearms. The criminal can and will use illegal channels. There are enough laws on the books now. Another damn law won't affect him.

It troubles me to even think about the need to arm people in schools.

My reasoning is if a criminal thinks there may be a gun pointed at him when he breaks in a door, he may think twice about entering and move on to an easier target. Gun free zones are like putting out a welcome mat. 

I don't think like a criminal so that is just theory on my part.

I believe we both agree passionately that something needs to be done to end the senseless violence even if we don't agree on what that something is.

100% agree with you,  i just dont know what to do at this point which is a terribly hopeless feeling.  Seems like people, like on this board, or that i talk to in life (Regular People in referring to) want to do something but once it comes to deciding what no one can agree anymore and no one wants to try someones best guess what to do.  How do we take action?     

Everyone talking about stopping these "criminals"  I dont think alot of these shooters are really criminals as such until after the incident.  They are just regular people who are miswired, or stressed, and they snap and grab whatever tool they can to lash out.   I often wonder if Im a person like that too but i just havent been pushed to the point yet?  Maybe my neighbor is the next one to lash out.  You just dont know who anyone is until the screws turn on you and the screws can always be turned tighter than they are it seems.

I agree with your theory on if a criminal thinks there is a gun pointed back at him then they may think twice,  If the criminal hopes to stay alive.   But, these shooters,   I think they dont care for life anymore, or perhaps never did,  its all about putting on the biggest "show" they can on their exit.   

2 hours ago, cjf711 said:

It seems other places in the world do just fine with stricter gun controls?

Where? And please limit your scope to USA.

• Like 1

Some schools in Texas have taken measures to protect against school shootings. Both Ballinger, Tx (south of Abilene) and Claude, Tx (near Amarillo) have armed teachers. Maybe it works and maybe it don't, but there sure ain't been no school shootings there....  Forgot to add that they started these programs in 2018.

image.png.3490039b3fb670c840b34fc1d68d567d.png

image.png.b01e800fc13f54a0bac7d9937d5ea96c.png

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Injpumped said:

Well, after seeing a few more reports, it seems the shooter was here illegally, and is transgender. Wow! No wonder the news isn't reporting all that bs! I cannot believe he wasn't some sort of supremist lol! Very sad indeed! Lets fix the illegal alien problem, and the mental derangements! Disarming legal citizens does nothing!

Everything I've seen reported says he was born in North Dakota 

14 minutes ago, cjf711 said:

100% agree with you,  i just dont know what to do at this point which is a terribly hopeless feeling.  Seems like people, like on this board, or that i talk to in life (Regular People in referring to) want to do something but once it comes to deciding what no one can agree anymore and no one wants to try someones best guess what to do.  How do we take action?     

Everyone talking about stopping these "criminals"  I dont think alot of these shooters are really criminals as such until after the incident.  They are just regular people who are miswired, or stressed, and they snap and grab whatever tool they can to lash out.   I often wonder if Im a person like that too but i just havent been pushed to the point yet?  Maybe my neighbor is the next one to lash out.  You just dont know who anyone is until the screws turn on you and the screws can always be turned tighter than they are it seems.

I agree with your theory on if a criminal thinks there is a gun pointed back at him then they may think twice,  If the criminal hopes to stay alive.   But, these shooters,   I think they dont care for life anymore, or perhaps never did,  its all about putting on the biggest "show" they can on their exit.   

The "criminal" I used is a catch all phrase and maybe not appropriate here, as you say they are not criminals until after the fact.

I believe you got to the root of the problem in that these shooters are miswired, have a hole in them. Have been beaten down by some stimulus and finally broke. Given up hope, lashed out.

We all have a trigger point. Most of us can keep ourselves under control. 

Speaking strictly for myself, at 62, I am under stresses today that I did not forsee and it is wearing on me. It has altered how I interact with some people. Patience and tolerance level is moving. 

I would assume their are others out there like me. 

We need to remain strong, try to stay clear headed and come up with reasonable solutions to remain civil in what is becoming an increasingly uncivilized world.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

The really sad part  of this situation is the obvious lack of mental health support for an individual that was, seriously,  deranged.   Nothing we do now is going to bring those victims  back. 

• Like 2

A couple of things can be done now with out making any new gun laws using the COVID money

1) We can get professional armed Security in schools

2) We can alarm all  doors that are not used for entry

3) All entry should be through metal detectors this will get other weapons as well

4) Then we need to visit the purchase of body armor it seem a lot of the perps are wearing it making them harder stop with a weapon.  

Teachers need to be allowed to teach, not a public babysitter. 

Parents need to be allowed to discipline inappropriate behavior. 

Current laws/ rules do not allow teachers or parents to be effective.   Kids know it and are getting away with everything.......  We no longer have control.   The young formative minds (with much to learn) are in charge. And our society is OFF THE RAILS!

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

Teachers need to be allowed to teach, not a public babysitter. 

Parents need to be allowed to discipline inappropriate behavior. 

Current laws/ rules do not allow teachers or parents to be effective.   Kids know it and are getting away with everything.......  We no longer have control.   The young formative minds (with much to learn) are in charge. And our society is OFF THE RAILS!

Exactly, and if the subject is brought to a forefront you are subject to the new "woke" thinking, the misshandling of teacher rights and parent rights by a nosy we know better culture is/has created long term problems that go back years, I don't have/know answers to start a reverse of this tide, but what I do know is I brought my kids up under these rules of I'm your parent, not your friend, there are rules and you need to understand the reasons why you should follow them, it is good for you and good for a proper society.

Sculpting of minds by lefty woke teachers should be discussed at home and not taken as gospel by parents that don't want to be seen as running against the grains of thought that should be instilled at home, reading writing and math should be taught at school, lifestyle planning is a parents job, because of that lack we are paying a very high price.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

21 hours ago, jeeper61 said:

Yes very sad 🙏

When are we going to put metal detectors and security in schools?

When are we going to put discipline and respect for one another back into school? When are we going to get “wokeness “ out of schools?

Schools are the canary in a coal mine in regards to what’s happening in society. Think about this for a minute.

We shuttered the schools for a fear of covid, yet where the covid fear was riled up, the isolation, anxiety, and other social issues were not addressed by the idiocy of doing this.

The time when kids are most vulnerable we have predators in our schools telling them if you feel like being a cat that’s ok. If you feel like being the opposite sex, or 16 other choices, that’s ok. If you’re a boy that isn’t very good at sports, pretend you’re a girl and then maybe you can excel. 
We have grown our children into sock puppets to do as we wish with. Whatever happened to raising strong self confident children that can face the crap that society has become.

It’s so easy to armchair this horrible event, but let’s use this as that canary in a coal mind and actually start making lives worth more, and actually address the psychological problems that this culture crap has embraced, wrongfully so.

Blame the gun. Push for more gun control, but remember one thing. 40 years ago there were more children and young adults who grew up hunting. 40 years ago it was common place to see guns in high school kids vehicles. 40 years ago, kids knew respect and reality. 

poof if you must. But God help those in need, because society has decided to take that mental illness and use it for political gains. Right or wrong this culture war has ruined a generation of kids, and the answer isn’t to find out why, but to push gun control. Gun control isn’t going to solve this culture crisis of mental illness. That you can take to the bank. 

• Like 8

To poof or not to poof, the boss has a great handle on things here and a good sign is a frank discussion with no name calling, (remember that jake)!!!!!!!😇

• Like 1

most of the last bunch of shootings the cops and fbi  knew these people were a problem but did nothing until they shoot the crap out of people, and then they say is terrible.

you dont have to arm the teachers just put up big signs that say they are...

a million knew laws wont change a thing.

after sandy hook school some nut in china took a MACHETE and killed 50 some people / some nut in the EU took a truck to a crowd of people....

• Like 2