jeeper61

Stauffers is right by me.  I guess they reach far.

45 minutes ago, Big Bud guy said:

Take note.  The dreaded hand clutch.  Guess only JD guys can drive it.  

I like the idea of a hand clutch I’d like one on one of our 600’s or 650. We have a few JD’s with hand clutches and I see how each type has advantages 

Just now, forwhldrv said:

I like the idea of a hand clutch I’d like one on one of our 600’s or 650. We have a few JD’s with hand clutches and I see how each type has advantages 

Nothing wrong with them in wide open spaces.  I know were there is a hand clutch 660 sitting I guess from a blown engine.  I just picked a nice 830 so I think I will make a run at the 660 anyway. Should be a good pair.  

The way my knees and my hip work now a hand clutch might be an advantage 

I Got more than I need now.

I saw that and thought it looked like a decent survivor for some one on the east coast to snag  

2 hours ago, jeeper61 said:

The way my knees and my hip work now a hand clutch might be an advantage 

I Got more than I need now.

I saw that and thought it looked like a decent survivor for some one on the east coast to snag  

I’ve seen that for sale on marketplace for a little while now I’ve thought about it a time or two. But I have to many other projects going on. Right now. 

• Like 1

Never having run a IH wheel tractor hand clutch is it backward to a crawler clutch like the JD is. It may have helped in that besides being the other side from a crawler the power come from pushing it rather than pulling it, so backwards on all accounts.

I baled thousands of bales a year for 20 years with JD hand clutch and a engine driven baler. I could easy the pickup into wades of hay with a hand clutch very easily.

I have run quite a few Case tractors with hand clutches. My problem was that my DC was on the other side then the SC was. Then the D4 was on the left, but instead of pulling it to stop, you pushed it. I think I pulled both steering clutches more times to stop, then I used the main clutch to start with.