I Can Now Join The Po-Po By Parking On "Hallowed Ground'

• Art From Coleman changed the title to I Can Now Join The Po-Po By Parking On "Hallowed Ground'
7 hours ago, Art From Coleman said:

Got my Handicapped Parking placard yesterday.  (But the only donut shop in town does NOT have any handicapped parking spots)

SS SS better report them to ada and obese/diabetes assoc.

close them down and like it,no one should be making a profit

Having only one good eye and one good leg, After my last eye surgery I got a handicap permit a few years ago. I have since found that the handicapped spots in Council Bluffs are reserved for "chain smoking, spandex wearing, toothless beauties" ( I probably should include "welfare collecting")

Only Art will understand this.

I was hobbling bad with a hip joint that was gone and on the way to getting it fixed, but insurance wanted physical therapy and it seemed 100's of tests. All the reasonably close parking was handicap only around those places.  So I asked the doc doing surgery about handicap parking pass. Gives me the paper work, get to DMV and they wanted 10 bucks or more  and it is only good for 6 months.  My wife got one with a knee replacement and it is good forever and free. So reading up on it short term ones cost and forever ones are free. Since she retired that same year 90% of the time I would use one she is along so I never got another.

Oh 706 you would not want to see me in spandex but I don't smoke or get any welfare I can use at the grocery store. But most people I see pulling next to us, look like they could win a race with ether of us no trouble.

I will admite to taking covid payment for livestock programs and drought releve for livestock feed. I don't know if I should but the big outfits don't leave it on the table, so I figure I better take it or get out of the business. 

Mom got one after her hip replacement and kept it up when she broke her femur bone a couple years later. Does come in handy for sure. I’m sure some people look twice at my truck siting in a handicap spot but what ever. Makes it a bit easier for her. Other knee or hip is bothering her a bit now. Other hip is worn out, we know that much but the doc said as long as it’s not bothering you to bad we’ll wait. Terrible backlog now after all this Covid mess. Basically a 2 year wait for anything. Told her she should get on the list now before it gets worse but she’s a stubborn Swede so what cha gona do lol. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ray54 said:

Oh 706 you would not want to see me in spandex but I don't smoke or get any welfare I can use at the grocery store. But most people I see pulling next to us, look like they could win a race with ether of us no trouble.

The point I was making is that it seems that 90% of the handicapped spots are used by some woman who pulls in with her rusted out hulk of a toyota, unloads her 7 kids and trots off to the store puffing on her cigarette.

I don't use mine as much as I could. Pride and/or ego mostly. But I'll admit that when the wind is blowing out of the north and the parking lot is solid ice with the temp in single digits, it does come in handy.

Dis-claimer: The part of Iowa I was referring to is kind of an Iowa joke. Just imagine you are facing the south end of a north facing donkey. But having said that, the city itself has a wealth of American history, much of the population is...well, never mind.