Sticky problems on new to me 1586

We bought a pretty low hour nice 1586 last winter.  A few things seem to be kind of sticky.  The hydraulic levers will stay in detent with nothing hooked up and it doesn't pull the motor down much, could the bypass valve be stuck?  The three point lever was stuck pretty hard, we got it moving but it's still pretty hard to move, can you get at the control valve sight removing the fuel tank.  Finally the bolt that screws into the lower three point arm that the sway brace hooks onto is stuck, any ideas how to get it loose?  Will try and post pic of that.  Thanks in advance.

KIMG1039.JPG

Open center or closed hydraulic system??  Try a pressure gauge in the outlets, open center should be around 2200 psi. Detent are adjustable at the bottom of the valves, pop out the little plugs and us a flat blade screwdriver. The position control and draft control levers have a friction donut where the linkage pivots where it goes into the housing,they are adjustable with a half inch socket I believe. May have to loosen them up, get linkage moving then get it ten them. Probably have to use torch to get the eye bolt loose

"Doesn't pull the motor down much." - The hydraulic system on these tractors are the same from the 766 through the 1586, at least pre-PFC. What pulls down an 80HP tractor won't pull down a 160HP tractor near as much. I would not worry about it until it proves to be a problem or at the very least, you get some gauges on it (which is the same thing, I guess?).

On the 3pt, if you want it moving now, heat. If you want it (maybe) moving a year from now, spray and pray.

It is an open center tractor.  On the three point levers the pivots are pretty good, its the actual control valve at the back of the tractor that's sticky.  On the hydraulics I should have said the motor doesn't pull down hardly at all not near as much as my 1086 or 1486.  The eyebolt I just didn't know if I could that hot enough to get it loose.  After I posted last night I read about somebody taking something that stuck and soaking it in the stock tank and it came loose.  Has anybody tried that?

We put a gauge on the hydraulics today and it was less than 1000 psi, so we tried a different relief valve and got over 2000, but not still not much flow.  Very slow to raise and fold disk.  So maybe a pump the next rainy day.  Rainy day jobs are piling up, mcv pump must have quit completely on the 1086.  It stopped moving and rolled backwards until it jackknifed into the planter tounge.

Before you condemn the pump make sure you don't have a coupler problem. Seen them bad more than once.    You say the mcv pump quit on your 10, did you lose power steering also. If you still have power steering you probably have other issues with the mcv or if no steering Maybe pressure plate spines are gone, does pto work, does hitch raise??

I thought about the couplers especially since I'm using adapters, but all four are slow, I didn't figure all four would be bad at once.  I'm pretty sure it's the mcv pump on the 10 it had been having some problems before, it lost steering, brakes and drive for sure, I will check the other things.

3 hours ago, mrfred54 said:

If tractor won't drive then sprag clutch is bad on low side of TA. Should drive even if MCV pump is bad

Guess I was around spragless TAs too long