Jump to content

2022 crop pics


Recommended Posts

Hoping the MB guys are wrapping up, said goodbye to the warmest Oct on record and maybe the driest, haven't had much appreciable moisture since July, could have 6" snow by end of day tomorrow which might mean the ground doesn't freeze under it, this was often the plight of KOO but it's welcome. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, hardtail said:

Hoping the MB guys are wrapping up, said goodbye to the warmest Oct on record and maybe the driest, haven't had much appreciable moisture since July, could have 6" snow by end of day tomorrow which might mean the ground doesn't freeze under it, this was often the plight of KOO but it's welcome. 

Yes same here hope they’ve been able to wrap things up.  Think this is one of the warmer falls we’ve had in a while too. Not much for rain and it’s stayed nice for a long time now. Was nice right up till yesterday really with a couple little blips here and there. 
 

Went to walk down the 1/4 mile in the yard and bring the auger back up to the house just now. Got about 50’ away from the house and turned tail and ran lol. Spied these big tracks wandering around the yard. Thought at first it was dad walking out to get his quad but nope it’s a bloody bear. Never had one this close to the house before. Pretty good size too.  You can see my size 12 boot print for somewhat of a comparison  

6AEC9528-C767-4D6E-9FA3-DE01AFF83E3E.jpeg

6B3D00E9-FFCB-4AB2-8A3E-A4F44E14A10C.jpeg

42AD2839-DD59-48EF-964D-B69C6F6865CE.jpeg

B86419D3-7229-4896-8EFA-0F092959DFC3.jpeg

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A couple were jacknifed on Hwy 2 by Nisku on Wednesday when the first snowfall hit, people working that day were delayed by accidents all over, police in Edmonton had reported 384 for the day, I took this week off elk hunting and we have about 5" of snow with more falling today

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, hardtail said:

A couple were jacknifed on Hwy 2 by Nisku on Wednesday when the first snowfall hit, people working that day were delayed by accidents all over, police in Edmonton had reported 384 for the day, I took this week off elk hunting and we have about 5" of snow with more falling today

 Hope you bagged a big one to put in the freezer. My brother  in law and nephew didn’t get back out again once harvest got started again so they missed out. Nephew is looking for a nice buck now though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  Looking like I will be done with fall harvest ahead of bad weather for a change.  Two days in the field and the forecast is looking mild for this point of the year.  The week started off kind of cruddy with a blown power steering line on the combine but ended with a scheduled pick up of a load of soybeans.  Looking like a good lead in to Thanksgiving and Christmas.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Saw a big fire in the east this evening thought it was getting close to the neighbors chicken barn but turned out to be farther away but it sure looked darn close. So I reckon I made to much of a fuse by telling the neighbors brother who is our vet and my bro who texted the neighbor about it. But I reckon better safe then sorry! 

Neighbor had corn stalk bales in that field and thought they might of catched fire. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, U-C said:

Saw a big fire in the east this evening thought it was getting close to the neighbors chicken barn but turned out to be farther away but it sure looked darn close. So I reckon I made to much of a fuse by telling the neighbors brother who is our vet and my bro who texted the neighbor about it. But I reckon better safe then sorry! 

Neighbor had corn stalk bales in that field and thought they might of catched fire. 

Definitely gets your attention when you see smoke on the horizon like that.  Never hurts to check up on it just to make sure. 
 

23 hours ago, hardtail said:

We'll be keeping it up here until April 😳

Hope it makes it till April at least lol. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, midnightman said:

Winter arrived here overnight.

Picture from my brother this morning a few miles North of me this morning.

Snowed a little bit all day. We probably have at least an inch now too.

Really you call that winter ??? lol haha

 

i dont consider it winter till you can atleast ride a sled around or its -25 below 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, midnightman said:

Winter arrived here overnight.95F20C89-2CB1-4F96-AC32-32E987B2F4EB.thumb.jpeg.0dfd76e7da57533cf25860f2a04f831e.jpeg

Picture from my brother this morning a few miles North of me this morning.3E91FE4E-6070-4F63-8A6B-45C8F54C1258.thumb.jpeg.9394231bc22e39c2529a9826bd7b1b29.jpeg

Snowed a little bit all day. We probably have at least an inch now too.

Come 20 miles north and you'll think you're at the north pole 😂  There had to be at least 8 inches when I came home just after dark

 

Snapchat-1402214956.thumb.jpg.1b6ac1468a466e025d5701d077bf0a6c.jpg

Snapchat-1156082464.thumb.jpg.1c4f9ee4cef4062e643164dd75169081.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Went out for a little ride tonight before the storm rolled in again.  Was semi calm and not snowing when I left. About 20 minutes later the snow moved in with a vengeance again. Wind has picked up too. Traffic has slowed to a crawl by here now. 

FBD83A4D-A786-4746-96B1-6368D2102C01.jpeg

F297474A-0009-4AAA-9F25-E055910A5E21.jpeg

3E536203-11B7-4C3C-B1FC-291B9B2067CB.jpeg

D8FC8B50-03BA-472B-8079-134E3B665C4B.jpeg

91435BEB-E099-4187-8427-69B927C0B957.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You guys can keep that weather in the west! Do not send it East! Lol

Last weekend we had some awesome weather here! People were out walking in shorts, riding bicycles, motorcycles and driving in their convertibles with the tops down!

In the past week or so I’ve been travelling a three hour radius in all directions from home, only seen one field of soybean left to combine. Lots of guys working at the corn now. 
 

 Here’s a screenshot of the forecast last weekend, it’s almost unbelievable the awesome fall we had in this area, i’m sure we’re going to pay for it sometime this winter! Lol

7905F59B-39D1-427D-BC6E-3C2C197F1021.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Qc.Can.IH man said:

You guys can keep that weather in the west! Do not send it East! Lol

Last weekend we had some awesome weather here! People were out walking in shorts, riding bicycles, motorcycles and driving in their convertibles with the tops down!

In the past week or so I’ve been travelling a three hour radius in all directions from home, only seen one field of soybean left to combine. Lots of guys working at the corn now. 
 

 Here’s a screenshot of the forecast last weekend, it’s almost unbelievable the awesome fall we had in this area, i’m sure we’re going to pay for it sometime this winter! Lol

7905F59B-39D1-427D-BC6E-3C2C197F1021.png

Lol some days I feel like I’m the only one who likes winter. 
 

I saw on the weather maps where you guys were hogging all the warm weather. Supposed to be pushing towards -30 here in the next day or two. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

haven't had time to go for a ride yet but i gotter ready to go in the shop a little oil and coolant and blew the engine compartment out to blow out any chaff or mouse nest to prevent more excitement and they Musta nibbled a little on the insulation but i should be good to go, spent all day pushing snow and seems like nice powder around here yet 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/7/2022 at 3:28 AM, db1486 said:

Come 20 miles north and you'll think you're at the north pole 😂  There had to be at least 8 inches when I came home just after dark

 

Lol. I was up there last night. Had to get a load of bales. Not ready for winter yet, so I came back south!

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, midnightman said:
On 11/7/2022 at 3:28 AM, db1486 said:

Come 20 miles north and you'll think you're at the north pole 😂  There had to be at least 8 inches when I came home just after dark

 

Lol. I was up there last night. Had to get a load of bales. Not ready for winter yet, so I came back south!

 

I was to Brandon today, and yea it looks like a normal fall day for us from the valley south. Just a skiff of snow lol. I also knew when I was within a few miles of home because the snow started falling again lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Qc.Can.IH man said:

You guys can keep that weather in the west! Do not send it East! Lol

Last weekend we had some awesome weather here! People were out walking in shorts, riding bicycles, motorcycles and driving in their convertibles with the tops down!

In the past week or so I’ve been travelling a three hour radius in all directions from home, only seen one field of soybean left to combine. Lots of guys working at the corn now. 
 

 Here’s a screenshot of the forecast last weekend, it’s almost unbelievable the awesome fall we had in this area, i’m sure we’re going to pay for it sometime this winter! Lol

7905F59B-39D1-427D-BC6E-3C2C197F1021.png

That's what we were enjoying 10 days ago, forecast -40 tonight with the windchill

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...