2022 crop pics

Sun was shining all day but had a shower come through here about 8:00. Still raining out as I type.  Took these just at sunset. Sure was black in the south. Brother in law farms near humboldt and they got rained out earlier. Poured down real hard again. They’re very wet from the last couple weeks so they sure didn’t need any more. 
C51CB575-4C3C-4657-BF22-08D19C390AF8.thumb.jpeg.dfe41b0aa7eb95305334740014ffb043.jpeg

24878689-A7F5-4806-8210-9D35BE760FED.thumb.jpeg.dcb579092a2a8c2200fb373b08fe54c2.jpeg

30A50D8D-3775-486F-9E38-88D331B6B190.thumb.jpeg.afbd5c2930ab426a9cfb00d1b54f4e04.jpeg

0C4BB1BC-DC00-40F8-999B-368A77A8733F.thumb.jpeg.c5b25f1ad8bc388170133992562d7a56.jpeg

AEAD214D-ABA3-4D8C-9649-24CA0A7549CA.thumb.png.ad7471c1e6296b6a45c179ae3574b47d.png

• Like 2

first feild of canola is in the bin, did not to bad yeild wise was hoping for a tad more but some of them pods just couldnt take the heat and they aborted 

swathed barley all day yesterday till i got into some that was to green and decided to let stand a few more days 

this harvest might take awhile, seems like it combine abit then sit and wait then go again tested the standing durum first and it was 16.7 moisture 

I AM DONE HAYING FOR THE YEAR😃

I always like starting but I really like finishing. 

Dry year, hay about 50% average but with this meadow I picked up, right across the fence from me I will have enough to get through the winter. 

A good week or so and I should have everything brought home and yarded.

1287329542_2022Mogul.thumb.jpg.b8e0faec16f49bf497e51ef52c1c0c43.jpg

1486 looks kinda lonely, she is ready to come home for the year and be shed of that baler that has been trailing her all summer. 😄

• Like 3

Still waiting on my last field of canola which is staying quite green. Took some drone pics around the yard yesterday. Neighbour's wheat and oats are swathed. My standing spring wheat in the foreground is my earliest planted. Showing some lodging from the heavy rains and wind but not bad. Slow rain started up again this morning and its below normal temps. 

SAXY7102[1].JPG

• Like 1

On 8/28/2022 at 9:28 AM, sandhiller said:

I AM DONE HAYING FOR THE YEAR😃

I always like starting but I really like finishing. 

Dry year, hay about 50% average but with this meadow I picked up, right across the fence from me I will have enough to get through the winter. 

A good week or so and I should have everything brought home and yarded.

1287329542_2022Mogul.thumb.jpg.b8e0faec16f49bf497e51ef52c1c0c43.jpg

1486 looks kinda lonely, she is ready to come home for the year and be shed of that baler that has been trailing her all summer. 😄

That’s a good feeling to have all the hay home and know you have enough to get through again.  

• Like 1

On 8/28/2022 at 12:29 PM, Loadstar said:

Still waiting on my last field of canola which is staying quite green. Took some drone pics around the yard yesterday. Neighbour's wheat and oats are swathed. My standing spring wheat in the foreground is my earliest planted. Showing some lodging from the heavy rains and wind but not bad. Slow rain started up again this morning and its below normal temps. 

SAXY7102[1].JPG

With all the rain you’ve had you’ll be glad your cereals are still standing I’m sure.  Brother in law just south of humboldt has been getting pounded with rain too. Almost a foot in the last 2 weeks.  He’s combining through standing water now. No danger of getting stuck he said just trying to avoid getting water in the combine is hard enough though. 

Well finally started harvest today. Started swathing my barley down. Didn’t get that field done though. Broke a knife head with a couple hours left. Was 5:00 already so I ran to town for parts. Just got it back together now. Was going to go finish the field but said to heck with it. I’ll start earlier tomorrow and get back at a decent time hopefully.  Had to put a new bearing on the knife head support as well. Surprised at how dry it was consider I grease it every day. Might have to add a couple more shots every day. 

343D1ACC-03AA-4DBF-B480-332DDF47CFF3.jpeg

1D622957-83BA-47E6-B727-C78906033B7C.jpeg

16FB3D45-6D56-4651-AE51-ECA7E05AC31B.jpeg

4F8897AE-1A97-45F4-9EB7-4DE6F45181AB.jpeg

3A1FA831-889D-4029-98C0-5784D24CB32B.jpeg

• Like 4

had a half inch of rain on Saturday which was nice to freshen things up, caseih dealer came out to look at our combine its not running right been throwing codes all fall we've done everything mechanically we starting to think its something electrical in the harness or ecm at this point, hopefully dealer figures something out, we not full bore into harvest yet bt its comin 

Those knife heads don't seem to like much grease, when i first got our swather i broke a few of them then a neighbor told me i was over greasing it to much i backed it off to 2-3 shots every second day and i havent broke one for a while, that nylon bushing inside the head wears to creating more slop inside aswell

Waiting for the last of the barley to ripen up abit more before i finish swathing for the year i think 

3 minutes ago, wheatking said:

had a half inch of rain on Saturday which was nice to freshen things up, caseih dealer came out to look at our combine its not running right been throwing codes all fall we've done everything mechanically we starting to think its something electrical in the harness or ecm at this point, hopefully dealer figures something out, we not full bore into harvest yet bt its comin 

Those knife heads don't seem to like much grease, when i first got our swather i broke a few of them then a neighbor told me i was over greasing it to much i backed it off to 2-3 shots every second day and i havent broke one for a while, that nylon bushing inside the head wears to creating more slop inside aswell

Waiting for the last of the barley to ripen up abit more before i finish swathing for the year i think 

Hopefully they can sort it out without spending a fortune and playing the guessing game. Never a good feeling when the dealer comes out and says we don’t know what it is for sure but let’s try this 2,000$ part and oh by the way no returns lol  

We have the cast knife heads on both headers here. They have a steel split bushing in the head. I noticed this morning that it was starting to get a wee bit loose. Was going to change it after finishing that field. I don’t think that’s what broke it but obviously didn’t help either. Couldn’t tell if it was cracked before or not.  We fought with the straight cut header last fall but I think I finally got it all sorted out least I hope it did. Plan on doing more this fall so hopefully it doesn’t give me any headaches. 

3 hours ago, poor farmer/logger said:

Well finally started harvest today. Started swathing my barley down. Didn’t get that field done though. Broke a knife head with a couple hours left.

I grease that knife head on my John Deere (macdon) at least once a day, sometimes more. Thats a lot of material you have to handle there in those big swaths. I uploaded some  video of swathing canola last week. Hot weather predicted for the rest of the week so that should speed up maturity of all crops. 

• Like 2

@db1486 you getting a new shed delivered today? Lol. happend near Glenella Mb today.  Hung up on a bridge and the highway. 

was playing a game of chicken this morning but alas I lost again. Figured I better give way to the house coming lol. 

8E628FBC-5F77-44D1-A191-C84F48D31C3A.jpeg

ADD9CE59-5943-494D-ADCC-237A168AE3D9.jpeg

• Like 3

Finally got started with combining. Kind of on time I guess but would’ve been nice to be running a week ago. Hopefully the rains stay away. Site threatening tonight. Just called it quits at 11:30 tonight. Filled the truck up again and figured I’d say to heck with it. Was spitting a bit when I finished up. I’m surprised at how warm and dry it actually is out yet though. So hot today that everything is heat soaked I guess. Going to have to watch that barley ad it’s going in the bin pretty hot. 30-35°C this last load should be a little cooler so hopefully it’ll blend out a bit if I pull a load out in a couple weeks.  Seems to be running pretty decent. To early yet to say a yield but I’m hoping for 100. Not sure I’ll quite make it though.  Sure slow going with those huge swaths though. 14’ pickup and it’s almost covering it at times.  Across the belts isn’t 14’ though I don’t think. Just the width of the pickup. 

D3556271-7A3A-4866-B19D-8D728949D347.jpeg

5A30C1F2-EDCA-4DE7-9828-8C0478B34DEA.jpeg

D80C42A0-B01B-4701-B12C-0FDF90537A7E.jpeg

ADCF1F48-91B5-4D51-9041-CAE265396295.jpeg

D20D1A4B-E935-4045-A46F-719AFC2AD64E.jpeg

1471E8CF-FE53-42B8-8CD4-DF9376B32B1C.jpeg

85125CB0-175E-48B7-BDA4-DEA09EA543F3.png

2C60C54F-1431-44FA-9A4E-090E1A19B694.png

8B0312A1-E22C-42AF-87EC-23E59CA5F93F.jpeg

• Like 5

5 hours ago, poor farmer/logger said:

And just like that it’s pouring down rain. One awful light show too. Whole yard is lit up at times. It’s all around us too. No combining tomorrow 🥲

Rain is the last thing you want to see now but it wouldn't hurt me today. I started swathing my last field of canola yesterday afternoon and found some of it more than ready. Worked til 10 and hoping to get an early start this morning and finish up today. As usual we get extremes, not enough wind to take the neighbour's combine dust away yesterday but today sounds like it could get windy enough to blow swaths around. Hot again too at 35 C (90?)

Swath 15 22.jpg

• Like 2

Ended up with around 3/10”. Unreal lightning show though. Extremely bright and some way to close too. Whole house was shaking a few times.  After about 1:00 this morning it was all over. Storm sure built up quick though and spread out as it went by. Was little mini storms all over the place so I’m sure some places had a lot more. Pretty much the whole time it rained I could look up and see the Big Dipper but at the same time it was pouring down rain. Kind of crazy in a way. 

• Like 1

On 8/30/2022 at 10:01 PM, poor farmer/logger said:

@db1486 you getting a new shed delivered today? Lol. happend near Glenella Mb today.  Hung up on a bridge and the highway. 

was playing a game of chicken this morning but alas I lost again. Figured I better give way to the house coming lol. 

8E628FBC-5F77-44D1-A191-C84F48D31C3A.jpeg

ADD9CE59-5943-494D-ADCC-237A168AE3D9.jpeg

No not that I know of. I wouldn't complain if it showed up in the yard though 😂  That would be about an hour east of me yet

• Like 1

Enjoy everyone's pictures and comments.  At this point we will take poor farmer's rain any day.  We need it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, db1486 said:

No not that I know of. I wouldn't complain if it showed up in the yard though 😂  That would be about an hour east of me yet

Yea figured it was east of you a bit. Close in the scheme of internet postings though lol. 

3 hours ago, hobbyfarm said:

Enjoy everyone's pictures and comments.  At this point we will take poor farmer's rain any day.  We need it.

Would gladly share any rain we may be getting over the next couple of weeks. We’re fairly dry but I’d like to get harvest wrapped up before we get any more rain or at least get the cereals off.  My brother in law and sister are hoping the rain stays away as well. They’re combining through standing water now. They’ve had a pile of rain the last 2-3 weeks. Everything is soaked. Water was even running over the roads in spots. 

3 hours ago, hobbyfarm said:

I'll try to send you some of ours. We're still trying to wrap up first cut hay and having to leave spots on the last field with water sitting. We've never had to go around these spots before. And we've had wet years before. I can't believe how wet it still is here. But I guess it's going to take more than a week of sun to dry things up lol

Got my little bit of barley finished off today at least. Came back down to dry this afternoon thankfully.  Ram pretty decent. Could always be better but it’s nothing to complain about either lol.

Not sure what the trail on the road is  kind of looks like 46-00  awful expensive gravel if it is lol  

5CB98CD3-0B7E-46FA-94C7-3A2604F5F182.jpeg

88069252-4501-4216-AF2E-2FF8E2BBAF09.jpeg

3C71D967-8462-4DA0-BABB-CBAF09B297AE.jpeg

50FAA92C-0D58-4F4E-8A87-2DEFB4CC9FD7.jpeg

• Like 2

still chugging away here durum is done, tried barley still 16% and moved into wheat about 65% done with harvest the rest should go fairly fast i think, i worry about finishing to quick then what does a guy do with the time till the snow flys, be different if weather was crap but its insanely hot these days

• Like 1

Hopefully it's fertilizer and not bath salts or things are about to get really crazy, have the 243 ready to go

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wheatking said:

still chugging away here durum is done, tried barley still 16% and moved into wheat about 65% done with harvest the rest should go fairly fast i think, i worry about finishing to quick then what does a guy do with the time till the snow flys, be different if weather was crap but its insanely hot these days

Well if you're really worried you can come east 😂

• Haha 1