How Can This Be Reconciled With Electronic Logs?

Condensed milk, karo syrup and water, or mama did the deed…

9 minutes ago, yellowrosefarm said:

What did babies live on before formula was invented?

• Like 3

There’s ag exemptions out there that lots of people are running under. I was told that you don’t have to start your log or ELD until you are 170 miles from where you load. That is all fine and dandy but I thought you still had to do a pre trip, so you are still limited to 14 hours of work. 
I am still on paper, so if I need to, I can let my log book take its time getting home. 
Not very often does it get lost, but if I am under a couple hours from home on Friday night, I am NOT going to let it dictate me going home, unless I am dog tired. There’s been a few times, I got within 10 miles from the house and had to stop. 

3 hours ago, yellowrosefarm said:

Lots of good reasons for formula, not as good as the real thing, but if you look at the infant mortality rates of pre formula vs now it is telling. Keep in mind also that its not just poor folks who are using this stuff. Every born addicted crack baby that gets put into foster care is subsidized, regardless of the foster parents financial status the kids expenses are paid, and they should be, lots of good fosters out there who otherwise might not be able to do it without, being poor doesn't mean you aren’t a good parent. Foster moms can’t nurse without it, but the issue is that the large majority of formula sold through the WIC program was from the Abbott plant , the same one that was shut down by the feds because of a plant contamination. 
mow we have a situation of all the eggs being put in a contaminated basket. 
it left a huge volume of people without physical or financial means to provide baby food. 
it all goes back to utter government dependence and the problems associated with it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, yellowrosefarm said:

Wet nurses. Or they died.

My daughter would have died without it. It's not bullshit. Her momma is not in another house, or in jail, or a drinker or a crackhead. She didn't have some modern lifestyle where she's too cool to breastfeed. She's not unhealthy in any identifiable way. It just didn't work. 

We worked very, very hard and endured much to have her. It's no fault of ours as parents that she needed formula. Thank God it exists.

I'd be stark raving lunatic, psychotic levels of angry if I couldn't feed my baby right now. And I'll let it go at that.

• Like 3

As for the longer hours solution. If it's safe for truckers to run longer hours, it's safe to run longer hours. If it's not safe, it's not safe. Monkeying with the definition to suit the crisis d'jour is a logical fallacy. Luckily, people have better bullshit filters than "they" think; most know.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, KWRB said:

My daughter would have died without it. It's not bullshit. Her momma is not in another house, or in jail, or a drinker or a crackhead. She didn't have some modern lifestyle where she's too cool to breastfeed. She's not unhealthy in any identifiable way. It just didn't work. 

We might not have been quite that bad off but close. As you say, it just didn’t work. Baby wouldn’t keep breast milk down. That is a fast track to insanity. 

52 minutes ago, KWRB said:

Her momma is not in another house, or in jail, or a drinker or a crackhead.

I want to be clear here, I wasn’t implying the only reason for formula is bad parents, i was just pointing out this crisis is wildly exacerbated by government agencies creating a dependence on specific product that then suddenly became unavailable. You cant be solely dependent on product X from company Y without a backup plan. The other companies were doing just fine before suddenly 40% of the population couldn’t get the subsidized product and had to start looking elsewhere. Meanwhile we are sending gobs and gobs of the stuff to Ukraine and the Mexican border to aid illegals. 
I want to further clarify that i don’t think ANY mother should have to be afraid of how she is going to feed her child. I do however feel that out government has a responsibility to its citizens first, allies second and it’s illegal immigrants somewhere much further down the list. 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Art From Coleman said:

It's a feel good headline intended to placate those in the population not directly involved and casually but not closely observing the facts, imo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vtfireman85 said:

I want to be clear here, I wasn’t implying the only reason for formula is bad parents, i was just pointing out this crisis is wildly exacerbated by government agencies creating a dependence on specific product that then suddenly became unavailable. You cant be solely dependent on product X from company Y without a backup plan. The other companies were doing just fine before suddenly 40% of the population couldn’t get the subsidized product and had to start looking elsewhere. Meanwhile we are sending gobs and gobs of the stuff to Ukraine and the Mexican border to aid illegals. 
I want to further clarify that i don’t think ANY mother should have to be afraid of how she is going to feed her child. I do however feel that out government has a responsibility to its citizens first, allies second and it’s illegal immigrants somewhere much further down the list. 

I know. I understood. I didn't take issue with anything anyone said here. Didn't mean for my post to come off defensive, but it did.

3 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

Lots of good reasons for formula, not as good as the real thing, but if you look at the infant mortality rates of pre formula vs now it is telling. Keep in mind also that its not just poor folks who are using this stuff. Every born addicted crack baby that gets put into foster care is subsidized, regardless of the foster parents financial status the kids expenses are paid, and they should be, lots of good fosters out there who otherwise might not be able to do it without, being poor doesn't mean you aren’t a good parent. Foster moms can’t nurse without it, but the issue is that the large majority of formula sold through the WIC program was from the Abbott plant , the same one that was shut down by the feds because of a plant contamination. 
mow we have a situation of all the eggs being put in a contaminated basket. 
it left a huge volume of people without physical or financial means to provide baby food. 
it all goes back to utter government dependence and the problems associated with it. 

Eggs in one basket… 

too large to fail…

the government is here and will help…

what’s the common denominator here?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ihfan4life said:

what’s the common denominator here?

incompetent bureaucrats

Maybe they should have blown the whistle too instead of letting a whistle blower shutdown 40% of the supply which turned out to be unfounded 

16 hours ago, Art From Coleman said:

So if I’m hauling pregnant cows can I qualify for longer hours?  Oh, wait, I would have to care about HOS first. How about dairy cows? (Assuming here that there might be some form of actual milk in baby formula.). Goats? What else goes into formula that I can claim exemption for?

24 minutes ago, ihrondiesel said:

So if I’m hauling pregnant cows can I qualify for longer hours?  Oh, wait, I would have to care about HOS first. How about dairy cows? (Assuming here that there might be some form of actual milk in baby formula.). Goats? What else goes into formula that I can claim exemption for?

I'll get the Trans Am outta the barn Ron 😎

1652955204981.jpeg.2d004610d05e5a7b132441d321a37b2c.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

I'll get the Trans Am outta the barn Ron 😎

1652955204981.jpeg.2d004610d05e5a7b132441d321a37b2c.jpeg

👍👍

just warning you Jeff, keeping’ the bears off your arse, I’m sure you can handle that,  but keeping the bugs off your glass is about a full time job right now. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ihrondiesel said:

👍👍

just warning you Jeff, keeping’ the bears off your arse, I’m sure you can handle that,  but keeping the bugs off your glass is about a full time job right now. 

Boy you ain't a kiddin' Ron,  there is something out there right now that sounds like a rock hitting the windshield and leaves a big yellow splotch. 

Might try a couple of these guys mounted to the hood, kinda like goalies😆

1767891273_cartruckturkey.jpg.400a37334c8a7f41cb260fb20fec47f6.jpg

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, KWRB said:

As for the longer hours solution. If it's safe for truckers to run longer hours, it's safe to run longer hours. If it's not safe, it's not safe. Monkeying with the definition to suit the crisis d'jour is a logical fallacy. Luckily, people have better bullshit filters than "they" think; most know.

this can/should be applied to MANY mandates....but hi iq generally means world/life STUPID. $$$ smart.

ditto 10x  for FREE with $$$$$$other handouts

Meanwhile we are sending gobs and gobs of the stuff to Ukraine and the Mexican border to aid illegals. 

15 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

I do however feel that out government has a responsibility to its citizens first, allies second and it’s illegal immigrants somewhere much further down the list. 

The "ILLEGAGAL 'immigrants', from those Third and Fourth world s**tholes, ARE the NEW 'citizens'.