New toy

ky966boy

FC413626-620F-4017-828A-D1D9E42896FC.thumb.jpeg.5d3394abf520409de2c20e109d8e4b1d.jpegHad a home invasion up the road thought I probably didn’t have enough fire power so I picked this up . It’s made in China but shoots good so far .It  holds 6 and they come out real fast .

• Like 8

I thought the US had a ban on imported firearms from there?

Nice

Yes I want an AR-12 for home defense

But the 12 gage pump with the #9 buck shot I have will have to do for now

Cause that money will be needed for the $10 a gallon heating oil this winter 😒  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ky966boy said:

FC413626-620F-4017-828A-D1D9E42896FC.thumb.jpeg.5d3394abf520409de2c20e109d8e4b1d.jpegHad a home invasion up the road thought I probably didn’t have enough fire power so I picked this up . It’s made in China but shoots good so far .It  holds 6 and they come out real fast .

Chinese......sigh

5 hours ago, jeeper61 said:

The AR-12 the local shop had on display was a Typhoon it is Turkish

OK  jeeper.....maybe it is Turkish...:)......but to read on that  piece of tortured metal .....Made in Kahranankazan, Turkey...to me lacks the  comfort of the words , Made  in Westfield,  Massachusetts.......or .......Made in  New Haven,   Connecticut......

...anyway...guess all those once great American Firearms Manfacturers  .. are soon to be a memory ....once the Center  for Democratic        Control      really gets down to gelding the masses.....

Mike

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, mike newman said:

OK  jeeper.....maybe it is Turkish...:)......but to read on that  piece of tortured metal .....Made in Kahranankazan, Turkey...to me lacks the  comfort of the words , Made  in Westfield,  Massachusetts.......or .......Made in  New Haven,   Connecticut......

...anyway...guess all those once great American Firearms Manfacturers  .. are soon to be a memory ....once the Center  for Democratic        Control      really gets down to gelding the masses.....

Mike

But, Mike, as Kipling said

"A scrimmage in a Border Station —
  A canter down some dark defile —
Two thousand pounds of education
  Drops to a ten-rupee jezail —
The Crammer's boast, the Squadron's pride,
Shot like a rabbit in a ride!"

https://allpoetry.com/Arithmetic-on-the-Frontier

Rudyard   Kipling......well I remember those old books that my Dad had as a child...among many forgotten names  , Kipling featured...along with the Zane Grey   and Edward S Ellis  books , the "Deerfoot ''  series   and   the ones featuring   'Ned in the woods''   etc...one set in the American   West and t'other in the  then densely ''wooded'' area  of the Eastern States,...  Great reading for a kid....still have all those books also....

Thanks for reminding me !!

Mike

Now that you mentioned it I got a Mossberg riot gun somewhere think it hold 8 or 9 shells . I might let my daughter keep it in her room. It’s a 12 gauge I used to have a 20 but traded it off that was a mistake the 20 was a lot easier to handle and probably just as deadly.

3 hours ago, oleman said:

If an elephant attacks I have the .458 Ruger #1 available, otherwise an adz handle

I know it’s overkill but I also rake hay with a 986 turbo,just the I roll I guess.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Rawleigh99 said:

Getting better and better!!  Where is the snail drum magazine!

Guess this will do me can’t hardly find the shells to load this one .Dealer told me to shoot high brass 2 3/4 or 3” to make it shoot good I had a box of 2 3/4 none to be found to buy.

Pretty cool ky...im an idiot i guess lol guns are just neat even if they are chinese.

I picked up a ruger ar a while back and was happy at 500 bucks but then i promptly lost it in the river...shame.

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

Ill add, from my crows nest id see the home invaders coming(7 mag, 300 winmag and so on)...so long as im awake. Barking dogs help with that.

Edited by Twolines
Clarification