Magnum 305 won't come out of park at times??

I have a customers Magnum 305 that won't come out of park at times. We had the operator pull the codes and there were only 2 codes stored, trans 60 & trans 70.

Trans 60 is "FNRP pod in illogical state." We see this code quite often and I think it is from the operator holding the pod lever up or in no real position.

Trans 70 is "Battery too low for clutch solenoid". I think this is the code that is related to our problem and my question is has anyone seen a shorted park brake or shift solenoid cause this code? I know the park brake solenoid coil is a common problem, but it usually blows a fuse and according to the operator the tractor is not blowing any fuses. The trouble shooting for this code (in the factory service manual) does not really seem to point to any solenoid coil problems, but more to a battery or wiring issue. Again the operator says the batteries are not going dead, the tractor always starts and the alternator is charging fine.

Our plan is to try to get the tractor into the shop once they are done using it for the season.

Anyone ever run into this code?

Thanks!

On some of our newer equipment just the batteries getting a little weak causes all kinds of weird electrical problems. Our sprayer is the worst offender about throwing codes even though it starts fine. I don’t know anything specific, but it might be worth asking how old the batteries are. 

Have not been around these, but lots of issues I see with heavy trucks is dirty/corroded battery connections.  Will be the cheapest and easiest just cleaning terminals, and like was said check batteries

Batteries are funny sometimes had a truck that would start every time you leave radio on for five minutes and  it was dead finally changed battery no more problems.

18 hours ago, pirlbeck said:

I have a customers Magnum 305 that won't come out of park at times. We had the operator pull the codes and there were only 2 codes stored, trans 60 & trans 70.

Trans 60 is "FNRP pod in illogical state." We see this code quite often and I think it is from the operator holding the pod lever up or in no real position.

Trans 70 is "Battery too low for clutch solenoid". I think this is the code that is related to our problem and my question is has anyone seen a shorted park brake or shift solenoid cause this code? I know the park brake solenoid coil is a common problem, but it usually blows a fuse and according to the operator the tractor is not blowing any fuses. The trouble shooting for this code (in the factory service manual) does not really seem to point to any solenoid coil problems, but more to a battery or wiring issue. Again the operator says the batteries are not going dead, the tractor always starts and the alternator is charging fine.

Our plan is to try to get the tractor into the shop once they are done using it for the season.

Anyone ever run into this code?

Thanks!

This fault indicates either a bad voltage supply or ground to the transmission controller or an internal controller failure.

Not to steal the thread, but have a Euro Magnum 250 waiting on a trans controller right now. None in NA, sent it to Canada for repair / rebuild. Tractor slid to a halt during a headland turn. A post displayed "Trans Controller Off Line" couldn't even get into controller with EST. Downloaded a service manual for Euro spec tractor and tested all 12V supplies and grounds to controller to confirm they where good as well as terminators. Once I brought controller into shop, other guys here said you can smell its burnt (thanks Covid19) I sure couldn't smell anything burnt.